[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

road trip thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: ppf-2016gti-1.jpg (96KB, 670x446px) Image search: [Google]
ppf-2016gti-1.jpg
96KB, 670x446px
Road trip thread

Just got back from taking my GTI up through the mountains and down the coast.

Went Charlotte>Asheville>Hatteras for a vacation with family.

>That lipton citrus green tea to stay focused but not jittery
>Them Tycho, Ratatat, Mr. Gnome, Nujabes discographies
>Those mountain hills and turns for the first time using a manual

I've never had so much fun driving before
>>
>>15576489
How much power does that nazisledge produce?
>>
>>15576562
220 hp with the performance package
210 hp without
>>15576489
Also funny thing anon, I'm roadtripping my 15' MK7 Autobahn PP around new england with the gf soon. How nice is it to roadtrip?
>>
>>15576489

rip Nujabes ;_;

>>15576562
about three fiddy
>>
File: Capture.png (422KB, 747x899px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
422KB, 747x899px
>>15576489
Fun! I did Raleigh to Asheville and back not long ago, detoured along this route on the way home.

Highly recommend, speed limit is 55mph the entire way, even on the extremely narrow and curvy parts.
>>
File: nissanmicra.jpg (51KB, 726x545px) Image search: [Google]
nissanmicra.jpg
51KB, 726x545px
>rent car for holiday
>Volkswagen polo or similar
>Receive Beat up Nissan Micra.

Arguably the most dreary depressing car to be in or around ever made. And it's a year old! Yet the only thing- especially interior wise that seemingly comes close is my late nans '98 twingo.

I don't mind an economy shitbox. Generally quite enjoy them. There's some charm in that. This thing is just dead. Soulless. For people who have given up. I genuinely feel embarrassed to drive around in it yet I've owned cars that are objectively much worse.

It's just a sad sad little thing. A car for people who hate cars, but need one none the less. No redeemable features whatsoever.

It's not even shit enough like a fiat panda that it becomes kinda endearing. It's just shit.

Fuck I hate that thing.
>>
>>15576597
Its better than any other car i've ridden in / drove. Real comfortable to cruise control on long highways if you don't feel like playing around, I may not drive just to do it but I will certainly take an hour or two detour to play around.

>>15576611
I'm going to be moving to DC next week i'll detour through there on the way.
>>
>>15576661
what the fuck did you expect from a city econobox, a honda s2000?
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 640x1136px
I need to take another trip. Pic related is my normal cruise and I actually enjoy it. 19hrs is optimistic though, normally ends up being 22hrs-24hrs depending on how many pit stops I take to drain and fill up the tanks.

>>15576661
That blows, rental shitboxes are supposed to be fun because they're not yours.
>>
>>15576675
I like econoboxes. They listed in their fleet a Clio, Polo, Corsa and a 208 for this category.

All cars I would thoroughly enjoy. According to the registration someone paid €16000 for this hunk of shit. For a car specced like it's the 90's.

What the fuck.
>>
>>15576683
Exactly! Rental econobox tyre squeal is best tyre squeal.
>>
>>15576668
Post up in the hatch general after you take the route, give your impressions. Make sure you stay on 221 after getting off 181, GPS will try to take you down the Parkway.
>>
>>15576597
after test driving and own one i honestly think the 10hp is bs and pointless cuz if you don't at least go apr stage 1 u dumb.

lsd and bigger brakes is def noticeable
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.