[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gois I need your opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (68KB, 700x708px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 700x708px
Hey guys I got a quick question if anyone is still lurking around here. I got my 1988 mustang that's been sitting for 7 years and we finally got it running a couple days ago but it keeps losing oil pressure like if it's running for around a minute the oil pump will drop to 0 and it's legit 0. What I'm thinking there is some sludge getting stuck in the pickup or the pressure regulator, so we took off the distributor and stuck a 1/4" socket down there and turned the oil pump manually with a drill and it makes pressure just fine so what we were planning on doing is draining the oil and pour either kerosine, diesel, or gas in the crankcase and run the oil pump with the drill for 10 minutes to clean out the interior of the engine, what would you guys use, I think gas will break it down the best but I worry for the interior seals, I figure diesel will be the best for the seals but I don't think it will break down sludge real good, and I think kerosine will be the best of both worlds but here in the middle of summer it's damn near impossible to find kerosine.
>>
haha 9gag cats xD
>>
It's a picture. Has nothing to do with the question I'm asking.
>>
i would just do a teardown
you are going to find some shit.
throw on some better heads and intake while its open, and a cam
>>
File: DOHC air cooled v8 you fool.jpg (409KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DOHC air cooled v8 you fool.jpg
409KB, 1536x1024px
>>
Yeah I've considered doing a tear down but it really doesn't need one. It's a newer engine that only had 63k at the time it was removed. The only thing wrong with it is the time it sat. Honestly after we got it running it ran like a fucking champ for about 30 minutes that's when it started losing oil pressure. Now it will only run for about a minute at a time before it loses it but up until then it will stick around 50PSI. That's what makes me think the pressure regulator is getting stuck open.
>>
>>15576357
running it at 0 psi damaged something
maybe a cam bearing
you never know what caused it until you do it. maybe cut open the oil filter and check for metal shit in it
>>
Already did. Running at 0 doesn't destroy something if it's only running like that for a few seconds. No metal what so ever if there was I wouldn't even be here asking this id be crying and pulling the engine. The engine makes 0 noise when it has pressure then when it starts to lose pressure you can hear the lifters but that's it.
>>
Drop the pan and see what it looks like.
>>
Low/no oil pressure is only cause by a few things really.
Low oil supply either due to a blockage or lack of oil
Massive leak in pressure system(like an oil feed line on a turbo car os something akin to that)
Loose bearings
Or a failing oil pump. Which almost never happens
If it builds good pressure being run manually, it's likely bearings bruh.
Once the oil/engine warms up, oil thins out, things expand, causing little to no pressure
>>
I can't drop the oil pan without pulling the engine. It's a 1988 mustang with a 5.0 it's got that stupid twin drain oil pan with a huge hump in it. Also I don't think it's the bearings I think it's a blockage. I think it's picking up sludge because the engine sat for 7 years with the same oil in it. I think this is worth a try though before pulling the engine don't you guys?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.