[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /o/ buying a Bolt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

Is /o/ buying a Bolt?
>>
GM has about 191 car names and growing.

Why?

>They can't make a good car and make it its name a memorable one and need to forget it and drop it.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (66KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
66KB, 1024x768px
>>15574788

But I like Bolt...
>>
No, I'm not a furfag.
>>
>>15574888

wat
>>
>>15574892
how new
>>
>>15574911

I'm an oldfag.
>>
>>15574937
You're a retarded piece of trash.
>>
I really wish the government would offer some kind of grant or tax incentive to companies to encourage the installation of electric charging stations. Id get and electric car if stations were more available. The nearest public one is a CVS aout 15 miles away and there is one at a fucking substation about 1/8th of a mile but you cant g here after like 5pm.
>>
>>15574946

Wow, rude.
>>
it just doesn't look good at all, more leaf than model 3, which isn't a good thing.

however it'll probably drive great and be great, the second gen volt is excellent and the bolt is just the volt without the gas bits and a larger battery.

the lease incentives will be nuts though, I'm looking forward to like $250 a month
>>
>>15574958

There aren't many charging stations near me either, but I think the popularity of the Bolt and new Leaf will encourage people to build more of them. It may be diffucult to find a charging station now, but it will get easier as time goes by and more are built. A 200 mile electric car will seem much more practical as an only car when there are fast-charging stations within 50 miles of each other. In the mean time, we can enjoy the limited range we have now and have an ICE powered car as a backup.
>>
>>15574958
>I really wish the government would offer some kind of grant or tax incentive to companies to encourage the installation of electric charging stations.
Fuck that, i don't want my money going towards technological progress. In fact, fuck social programs across the board.

>company can't pay to build infrastructure to support its vehicle with proprietary charging system
>better make the taxpayer pay for it!
>>
>>15575127
automakers dont pay for pavement, you do.

what you gonna do now fagit?
>>
>>15575119
>it just doesn't look good at all, more leaf than model 3, which isn't a good thing.

While I think the Model 3 looks nicer, the Bolt will probably have significantly more cargo space due to the taller roof. People have said it feels very spacious inside, but I don't know if it's more spacious than the Model 3, which is reportedly very spacious too. I have a strong feeling that the Bolt will have significantly more rear seat headroom, though, because of the aforementioned taller roof.

>however it'll probably drive great and be great, the second gen volt is excellent and the bolt is just the volt without the gas bits and a larger battery.

I agree. I have a first generation Volt, and it is my most favorite car I have ever owned. I would love to have a second generation one too. I haven't driven one yet, but it seems to be getting praise from every auto journalist.

>the lease incentives will be nuts though, I'm looking forward to like $250 a month

Depending on some people's commutes, they may actually be saving money by leasing a Bolt. That's an incredible thought.
>>
>>15574754
No. Shitty modern car design.
>>
>>15575127
If you felt so strongly about it, you should lobby for a standard electric charging interface so that tax money doesn't go toward proprietary charging systems

You're not going to win opposing technological progress. In fact your statement sounds farcical.
>>
>>15575158

I don't think it's especially good looking, but I don't think it's especially bad looking either. I do like it, though. It looks sleek and efficient.

Appearance is low on my priorities. I used to care more about appearance when I was younger, but I've grown out of it.
>>
>>15575181
You should care about the appearance. It's an econobox. Why does it have to have a sloping beltline? It's not sporty. The rear windows are way too small.
>>
>>15575136
>automakers don't pay for pavement, you do.
Yes well i actually didn't pay for most of any roads because I've only been a taxpayer for four years. Also i use roads every single day. I will never use an electric charging station.

>you should lobby for a standard electric charging interface
No, fuck unnecessary regulation. Companies can do as they please. Don't spend my tax dollars propping up bullshit.
>>
>>15575244
>You should care about the appearance

I do, just not as much as everything else.

>Why does it have to have a sloping beltline?

I don't know, but I like it. I don't think it has to have it.

>The rear windows are way too small.

I think they are okay.
>>
File: 2011_chevrolet_volt.jpg (227KB, 968x824px) Image search: [Google]
2011_chevrolet_volt.jpg
227KB, 968x824px
>>15574754

I think this is a good looking econobox.
>>
>>15575248
>Yes well i actually didn't pay for most of any roads because I've only been a taxpayer for four years.
>I know I am wrong but I just have to be right no matter how fucking retarded I sound.

Its ok anon. Its ok.
>>
File: 1466606997912.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466606997912.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>15575361
Your post makes no cents.
>>
File: 1452892998133.gif (948KB, 155x173px) Image search: [Google]
1452892998133.gif
948KB, 155x173px
>>15575371
>cents
>>
File: 1465517205074.jpg (45KB, 621x444px) Image search: [Google]
1465517205074.jpg
45KB, 621x444px
>>15575373
yes cents
>>
>>15575248
You still pay for roads, irrigation waterways, police/fire departments, local parks, and a bunch of other shit you're probably not aware of because you sit inside.

But go ahead and tell us how you want to keep all the McDollars to yourself.
>>
>>15574754
It's as ugly as the Jazz, which is saying something.
>>
I have a nearly 2 year gap between my current LEAF( a fucking LEAF!) lease running out and the probably delivery date of my Model 3. So I might lease a Bolt to cover that gap.
>>
>>15576876
a bolt'll beat the fuckshit out of a leaf
>>
>>15575317

I have a Volt that looks similar to that one. I like the appearance. It's one of my favorite looking compact cars. I wish Forza 6 Apex had it.
>>
>>15576766

I think it looks okay, but I like the Bolt more.
>>
>>15576876

How do you like the Leaf?

>>15577041

In speed, yes. The Bolt is much faster.
>>
i like it, I would get one, a 200 mile EV that actually exists & isnt just vaporware. I drive about 80 miles a day and I wold get a charger installed in my garage so it would work perfect, I also have another car in case i would need to go outside the range. USA needs way more charging stations to appeal to other consumers I feel though.
>>
File: chevrolet-volt-black-3[1].jpg (1MB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
chevrolet-volt-black-3[1].jpg
1MB, 1728x1152px
>>15579440

I don't have a 240V EVSE at the moment, so I'm stuck with a 50 hour charge time for a fully depleted battery in the Bolt (which wouldn't be possible without having it die right outside my house, or having it towed there). I plan to keep my Volt for longer distance trips where there is no charging stations.

>USA needs way more charging stations to appeal to other consumers I feel though.

One good thing is that as it improves over time, older EVs with less range will actually become more practical.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.