[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think i fucked up /o/ I just drove home from a friend (about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: help-153094_960_720.png (272KB, 858x720px) Image search: [Google]
help-153094_960_720.png
272KB, 858x720px
I think i fucked up /o/

I just drove home from a friend (about 10 km) and after about 3 km the battery icon appeared in the dashboard of my car (99 miata). i didn't know what that means and i thought i might have a problem with the battery. i just bought this car 2 days ago so i thought the battery might just be old or broke. when i got close to home i noticed the temperature gauge was a lot higher then usual. i started driving slower and coasting as far as possible and it went down a little. i did this until i arrived at home and as far as i know the temperature gauge never reached maximum.
Of course, once i was at home and thought about what had happened and did some research, i realized my alternator belt had snapped and the water pump didn't work anymore. i checked under the hood and the belt was gone. There is some coolant fluid sprayed around the coolant tank. after the engine had cooled down i started it for a few seconds and it ran just fine. there are no strange noises and i didn't see any smoke or steam through all of this and didn't smell anything either.
but still i drove without water pump for about 7 km / 5-7 minutes.

how fucked am i? did i kill my new car?
it's 5:30 am here and i'm going crazy.
>>
>>15573293
You're probably fine. I've overheated my metro up to the red line multiple times because I failed to bleed the system well enough and I'm somehow fine.
>>
>>15573293
Go buy a new belt you're fine anon
>>
>>15573307
>>15573323

i really realy hope you are right.
i will ahve the car towed to a workshop tomorrow and ask them to put a belt in and check for damages. i just want to know what the best and worst case scenarios are.
>>
holy shit, I bought a 91 miata about a month ago and this same exact thing happened to me on the first day I bought it.

car is fine with a new serpentine belt, you're gonna be fine as long as you didn't drive too long with an overheated engine. the miata blocks are iron, not aluminum. that being said, check your oil and make sure your head gasket isn't blown
>>
>>15573339
if the head gasket is blown there would be water in the oil right? how can i check that?
>>
>>15573293
Had an Astina with the same series of engine in it, overheated or a few times before I realised the thermofans switch wasn't working, car was absolutely fine after I wired the fans up to a manual switch. BP engines are bulletproof. Just make sure you check everything is still working fine after you put a new belt in and you pull over to check the engine bay next time you get a warning light.
>>
>>15573350
no, coolant. check your oil. if it looks like chocolate milk, your headgasket is fucked.

if your exhaust spews white smoke, your headgasket is fucked.

i think you're gonna be fine
>>
File: Foto.jpg (498KB, 1296x968px) Image search: [Google]
Foto.jpg
498KB, 1296x968px
>>15573359

is this chocolate milk?
i let the engine run for about 30 seconds and didn't see any smoke from the exhaust.
>>
>>15573437
You're fine anon. No damage. Besides, it'll take a few hundred miles for the damage (if any) to show.
>>
>>15573437
Use the dipstick numb nuts
>>
>>15573482

ok, thanks man. i guess i will try to get some slep then.

>>15573502
the dipstick has about the thickness of a needle and i find it hard to see any oil on that at all, let alone judge the colour.
>>
File: 1469571660768.jpg (35KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
1469571660768.jpg
35KB, 820x820px
>>15573502
retard
>>
yeah so the workshop just called and the brake lines exploded during a brake test and they found out that under the nice exterior, the frame was rusted to shit. o yeah, no miata for me i guess.
>>
>>15573307
Pics of metro plz
>>
>>15575200
That's tragedy. I'm sorry sorry for your loss senpai
>>
>>15573533
replace the stock one with a short throw dipstick
>>
>>15576143

thanks. at least i get my money back from the dealer.
>>
>>15573338
its alternator and a belt

fix it yourself. shops might try to fuck you with stuff you dont need
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.