[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it got under the hood?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Car and Driver is reporting that it's coming with a twin turbo V8, but are unsure whether it will be the Coyote or the Voodoo. They are leaning towards the Voodoo

What do you fags think it will be?
>>
Twin turbo voodoo would cause a singularity.
>>
>Twin turbo flat plane 5.2 V8
Ford stop I can only get so hard.
>>
>>15564970

voodoo has like a 13:1 compression rate.
>>
>>15564979
>>15564985

C&D think it'll be the Voodoo because it will help greater the economies of scale to help lower the costs, and they might put it in the Raptor as well if they go thus route

>>15564993
Both V8s have a high compression ratio, they would obviously have to lower the compression if they weren't going direct injection
>>
Why does it wear the mask?
>>
File: ecoboost_coyote_twinturbo50.jpg (129KB, 685x512px) Image search: [Google]
ecoboost_coyote_twinturbo50.jpg
129KB, 685x512px
>pic related
>>
>>15565211
Further, I haven't heard the exhaust note from the test cars, but I seriously doubt they'll use the Voodoo in the GT500.

Twin Turbo Coyote has been in development for a while (debuted as an option for the 2013 Cobra Jet Mustang) and makes way more sense as an engine for the Raptor as well.

The Voodoo needs to remain N/A imo.
>>
>>15565211
>ecoboost_cuck_twinturbo
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/reviews/a24908/the-2015-mustang-ecoboosts-only-problem-is-the-gts-v8/
>>
>>15565230
a supercharged VooDoo would be fucking awesome

especially with straight cut gears

too bad turbos are better
>>
>>15565246
That could be an option, the other 2013 Cobra Jet engine is a Coyote with a 2.9L supercharger on it.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-sc-cobrajet-engine.html
>>
>>15564970
There is already a thread about this car, stop making pointless threads and look at the catalog.

If you are Alphonse, fuck off already.
>>
>>15565292
They won't put a supercharger on it because it doesn't fit with Ford's Ecoboost
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.