[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/, I have a question for the DD high-mileage vehicle drivers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (114KB, 874x583px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 874x583px
/o/, I have a question for the DD high-mileage vehicle drivers out there. I have a Hyundai Sonata that has held up like a tank with NO issues at all. I'm planning to actually change the upholstery in the interior and give it a nice new paint job. The vehicle has 130,000 miles now though so have any of you just traded it in at that point?

I basically baby this vehicle so I know it will last long. Has anyone on here decided to spend money on making their high mileage car look better or have better accessories installed? Is it worth it?
>>
>>15564890
Not worth it.

You´ll never get the $ back.
>>
If you know damn well you can squeeze out another 100k out of it and have the money to lose then sure, I see no problem with it. Makes it easier to sell in the future, I mean sure that money isn't coming back but it'll make it more comfortable for you and it'll look better to a future buyer.
>>
>>15564943
I'm actually planning to ride this until it dies but thats definitely a factor to take in
>>15564928
Yeah I'm still considering how anything could go wrong
>>
I have a 2012 elantra with 230k on it, still running fine. Also, I beat the fuck out of it, I put the car in simulated manual mode and ride all the gears to red line.

that being said, never trade in you car. you will always get more money by selling the car yourself and putting the money towards your next purchase
>>
>>15564890
I always like how this generation looked, is it the turbo model or the 2.4?
>>
>>15565028
Believe it's the turbo. Hyundai's design has always caught my eye. I love how all the lines flow into one piece so It's going to be fun to modify it an accentuate those lines.
>>
>>15565019
Gives me hope, I'm definitely going to plan to sell it myself when the time comes but for now I'm going to enjoy it
>>
Sourcing some extra features (electronics) or better material (different seats or visual trim) for your car from junkers may be worth it if you're set on keeping it for another while, but getting something custom upholstered is money down the drain.
>>
>>15565064
What do you mean you believe it's the turbo? How do you not know what engine you have? Go out to your car and look at the rear passenger side and see if there's a 2.0T badge on it would ya?
>>
>>15565078
I thought you were talking about the photo? Mines is a 2.4
>>
>>15565074
How is it money down the drain if it's for intrinsic value?
>>15565113
Give me a quick review of it
>>
>>15564890
If you plan on sinking any money into it do everything yourself or you'll just be wasting that money. As a bonus you'll get experience and the pride of doing something yourself and seeing your completed work. (Even if that work includes spray bombed body panels and randomly placed stickers). As long as you're happy with it and think it looks good, more power to you.
>>
>>15565119
Good gas mileage, spacious interior, decent horse power for a v4 "family" car. I don't even care about racing and speeding, I love luxury cars more than anything and although it isn't a Lexus, is comfy as fuck and perfect for cruising around in. Navigation system is on point with cool features including providing your exact street address at a moments touch in case anything were to happen. The seats are comfortable and the a/c cold which is perfect for Florida driving since fucking everything is an hour away. It's a car that I know I can make even better with some accessories to make it as comfortable and sleek as possible
>>
>>15565169
True I definitely want to change the features in the car myself. That would be amazing
>>
>>15565119
Costs a shit ton to get a car professionally reupholstered but just bolting in new seats and trim parts you yanked out of a car at a junk yard isn't hard to do at all. You'll get to know your beloved car better in the process too. And I heard you mention being concerned about something catastrophically failing out of the blue, don't worry about that. If you're on top of all the maintenance that the manual recommends then you'll be fine, you'll be able to tell if something is gonna break. Only people I know who's cars "randomly" shit the bed on them change oil and rotate their tires once a year and think they've done more than enough.
>>
>>15566503
I appreciate the word fellow Anon,can't wait to get started on this
>>
>>15565170
>v4
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.