[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'99 tahoe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: CAM00359.jpg (175KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00359.jpg
175KB, 1280x960px
Alright so im new to /o/ im from /k/ and looking for a good woods vehicle and DD is this a good vehicle in general ? My DD now is a 95 pathfinder and love it to death and dint want to get rid of it unless i need to. So yall seem knowledgeable and so ive cone to you. http://www.fordlincolnofcookeville.com/used-Nashville-1999-Chevrolet-Tahoe-Base-1GNEK13R3XJ426731
>>
>buying a 17 year old vehicle from a dealership

Please tell me no one is this stupid.
>>
I see tahoes with similar mileage for 4K or less all the time... But I come from the land of rust
>>
>>15564913
I own a vehicle as old as me and its taken me through ice age like weather and floods with ease and hasnt failed so whats the deal with that? Im not being an asshole or anything but whats wrong with that thought process
>>
>>15565864
it's generally better to buy a car in a private sale instead of from a dealership
>>
>>15564877
What's your commute like? Long? Highway or around town?

A vehicle is either great offroad or a good comfy dd. Very little middle ground.
>>
>>15564877
Is the pathfinder 4wd? Why not keep it and just buy a comfy sedan for commuting?
>>
>>15565864
Do you like getting fucked in the ass? Then buy it from a stealership. Do you like spending half as much for the same product? Buy private
Dumbass.
>>
>>15565976
>>15566119
I buy exclusively private or auctions.

But that's cos i fix up tiny things and sell it for a markup. Toyota is my favorite Jew brand, i bought a 1999 corrola for 500 dollars cos 'wont start, sold as is, parts car' spend maybe 700 on repairs ran fine, then flipped a 10 year old car for 3500 asking price 4000. Fag thought he was getting a good deal 'heard they where reliable'

But as someone who's worked on cars from private sellers for years, when you buy a car from a person. You buy a part of their problems with it.

This is apparent with some basic digging, the favorites are:
Fluids are fucked beyond replacement
rims rusty leaking air
Timing belts NEVER changed
these are my favorites.
>>
>>15566099
Its a 2wd stick with 210,000 on it and want something with 4x4 and towing abilities
>>
>>15565864
The issue is the dealership, not the age of the car. If your looking for cars that old get them private sale because a lrivate seller is likely to be more forthcoming about issues (or at least less knowledgeable about hiding them) and will be cheaper.

I'd pay 4 grand tops for a 99 tahoe
>>
>>15564877
Pathfinder > Tahoe

Though the latter in more operator
>>
>>15570162
Nope.
>>
>>15566743
Why? What do you need to tow?
>>
>>15570333
Camper or heavy duty generators my pathfinder has bent tow mounting studs from working on the road pulling vehicles and such
>>
>>15570162
I know it is and whole heartedly believe in square body nissans (mainly manuals) but theyre getting hard to find and are usually been raped by some redneck dumbfuck and its hard finding manuals and 4x4's that arnt done that way
>>
Clean WD21 bro, it's so hard to find a clean one anymore, I'd almost be tempted to spend the money and pick up the necessary 4wd hardware to swap over to it.

Those old square bodies are damn near indestructible, save for rust. It is not an overstatement at all to say that they are ultimately more durable and overbuilt than a Tahoe of similar vintage. The unibody R50s starting with 1996, much less so IMO.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.