[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tire replacement and rotation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: car-tires.png (665KB, 1200x661px) Image search: [Google]
car-tires.png
665KB, 1200x661px
Dear /o/, got a question for you all.
I have two identical tires made in 2012 in the front which is fine. However, I have one tire made in 2013 and one made in 2011 in the back.

I kinda want to replace the 2011 tire but dont know how to handle the rotation situation. The threads on all of them are fine.

Should I bite the bullet and replace two at a time?
>>
>>15558368
It's called tread not thread.
Also if all tires are wearing evenly then rotate them normally. The only time you should worry is if the 2011 one is showing weather cracking or anything like that. If the tires are in good condition and aren't fucked you have nothing to worry about m80
>>
>>15558392
What the fuck does rotate a tire even mean
>>
>>15558368
Do nothing. How do they look? Dryrotting? Close to being worn out? If they look fine then chances are they'll all last until it's time to do all 4.
>>
the 2011 one is show signs of weather cracking similar to pic, but maybe to a slightly lesser extent
>>
File: IMAG0871.jpg (3MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0871.jpg
3MB, 3264x1840px
>>15558412
They take your wheels and spin them when your car is up on the lift. This 'rotation' allows your mechanic to identify balance issues, rotor wear, and maintain proper PSI hubris.
>>
File: tireRotation.gif (14KB, 410x211px) Image search: [Google]
tireRotation.gif
14KB, 410x211px
>>15558412
>>
might as well ask since i got a brainfart

im going back to a square fitment of 18x9 245

The MAX i can fit on the front is currently 9"

Whats the max i could put on the back without the car railroading? Had 8" on the front and 9" on the rear no problem

Was going to roll rears and stick 11"
>>
Replace all 4 you cheapass.
>>
>>15558426
>michelin
Why am I not surprised?
Those tires crack all the time that is why they are shitty tires.
Anyone on /o/ will tell you diffently but those tires crack down the tread too. Even after a year of use.
>>
>>15558820
michelin's are shit. I've seen so many 3-4 year old tires cracked to hell
>>
>>15558846
4 years is WAAAAAAAAAY too old

i had a 3 year old set of Bridgestones (shit aussie ones) that cracked and almost got me killed

DONT use any tyres older than 3 years
>>
File: Yoko345+11150651082.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Yoko345+11150651082.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
i have a tire question
when you are shopping for tires, how do you know which ones are quiet?
>>
>>15558849
You're a fucking retard, tyres are optimum up to 3 years, fine up to 5 and only start becoming a problem once you exceed 7 years.

>>15558874
Rounded tread blocks

>>15558368
Stop being a faggot, go so skidz and replace them all.
>>
>>15558874
-5 or something

Dry road
Wet road
Noise level
>>
>>15558492
This is old.
Only do this with bias ply tires.
Unless you remount the tires.
99% of you have radials- once they're broken into a certain direction, they shouldn't be switched.
Also many treads are directional.
So the first pic is the only one most people should follow.
>>
>>15558874
>>15558902

Also varying size/shape of lugs.
Those aren't quiet tires BTW.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.