[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car was stolen.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (51KB, 609x615px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 609x615px
My 7th gen civic was stolen. At police station, gave all information. What do I do now? I had the special insurance for a dollar a day essentially.

I'm pretty much screwed, no chance at reimbursement from the insurance huh? Pretty much zero chance at car turning up... I know it's been chopped up. What does /o/ recommend?
>>
>should of bought the manual
>>
>>15557964
why no gps tracker?
why no remote kill?
why no alarm system?
why no manual?
why no window bars?
why no steering wheel lock?
why no boots?
>>
>>15557964
What do you mean special insurance? Did you just have liability on it or did you have comprehensive? If you just had liability only, the only thing you can do is write it off as an expensive learning lesson and start saving/looking for a new car. It's always better to carry a little more insurance than you need instead of too little. As too little insurance will always leave you in a worst spot when the unexpected happens.
>>
>at the police station

Snitch
>>
>going to the police station
>not finding your car yourself
s m h
>>
>>15557964
What can you do? Keep working and get another car. Have theft insurance. Now you know the hard way why the rest of us get the full package. I even buy underinsured coverage in case someone without insurance or who only has tiny bit of insurance hits me and causes a chain reaction accident pile up.

You can help the police out. You have a case number. You got instructions to talk to the officer again if you find more info? DId you specially engrave some car parts with your driver license number? He gave you his business card? If not, then he has written you off (or your police are shoddy). Over here, the officers have business cards they hand out in case you have more info. They typically write the case number on back.

You can then hunt on craig's list or other places. Too bad you don't have a friend in the auto shop business. He may have a connection to the parts line body shops use to hunt for parts. If you used such and saw "7th gen civic part - bumper available in OP's color with anime bumper sticker included free" then you know it was yours.

You can also complain to your local "La Raza" or "Black Lives Matter" movement.
>>
>>15557982
Autism
>>
Start again annon
>>
Thanks for replies guys, yeah, so to reply in general to everyone, I had what they called the special auto insurance program. Which is just str8 liability, for cheap, and if anything goes wrong all medical bills will be covered by Medicaid. Essentially, I make less than <15,000 a year so I qualify for it.

I'm a 23 year old student and I live on my own and depend on my car to get me to work and school. I have no idea what to do about that yet. Insurance adjuster is most definitely going to laugh in my face and say "get fucked." And I fully understand he can and in no way are they supposed to reimburse me.

I get that I could have taken more steps to prevent the car being stolen I.e. get a boot, wheel lock, etc, but I've lived here for a few years and never heard anyone getting their stuff stolen.

I tried getting real insurance but the quote on a 15 year old car last time I checked was like $500/month. That's literally the price of the car in 4 months just for insurance, including a student discount and volunteer EMT discount. I recognize it looks like I'm an asshole but when you only make $600 every two weeks and go to school full time you don't really have that much time to work more. As it is I live paycheck to paycheck, and financial assistance from my family isn't an option because they have none.

Tl;dr bros I'm fucked and gotta figure this shit out, be safe and try to protect ur cars. Just wanted to have a small discussion. I really miss it and can't believe someone would do that.
>>
sucks, sorry to hear that OP. I too drive a 7th gen civic si
>>
>>15557964
>Living in the hood
Sucks to suck.

Who the fuck steals a 12 year old civic? Why not a newer civic? How did they even steal it? These cars have immobilizers.
>>
>>15559141
not everyone on this board lives in their mother's basement/attic in the suburbs

also to answer your question you could tow the car
>>
>>15559071
500 bucks a month!?!?! How bad is your driving record to have to pay 500 bucks a month for a 12 year old car? I have 3 cars on my policy. With 1000 deductible 150k of comprehensive/liability and 150k of uninsured I'm only paying 250 a month and that's with having an extremely expensive 2015 sports car, an 1991 MR2 and 2000 ford f250 diesel all on the same policy. My mr2 and truck together only come to about 25 bucks a month.
>>
>>15559141
>Who the fuck steals a 12 year old civic?
Mexicunts and various other ghettards drive old Hondas.

Occasionally these "people" need parts for their Hondas, and need them cheap because they're poor fucks.

So, other enterprising subhumans steal old Hondas and chop them to provide parts to this market, either directly or through shady repair shops.

If you look at lists of the most stolen car models, most of it is typically Honda/Toyota shitboxes that are everywhere. Most car thieves aren't the sorts of professionals shipping luxury cars to Saudis and Russian mobsters, they're just beaners selling cheap parts to their fellow brown people.
>>
>>15558358
So it was because of your autism that you didn't do any of those things? Gotcha
>>
File: 1177743075060.jpg (32KB, 500x749px)
1177743075060.jpg
32KB, 500x749px
>>15559141
>How did they even steal it? These cars have immobilizers.
>>15559149
>to answer your question you could tow the car

Precisely. Just because they're thieves doesn't mean they cannot tow something off. Winches and ramps are cheap enough or can be stolen.

I was a student with a "really nice" bicycle. The blacks drove onto the university campus and simply picked up the entire bike rack block with my bike and super-hard-cut-lock. My bike was the only one on the rack, but they don't care. They're striking a blow for Freedom in a Righteous Cause! Because black lives matter.

I know it was blacks because I saw them taking off. They were organized too as they had a spotter on a bike, and a person in the back of the white ford truck tossing a tarp over their loot to hide it.

My guess is the black guy on the bike acting as spotter probably rides around the campus looking for "better" bikes to steal. A quick call and they know where to drive to on the map due to smartphone apps and geolocation.

The only thing that is going to stop this crime is capital punishment on the first offense. Of the entire family line. Voting Trump is the only way. It's also odd how we have almost no registered black students (other than sports players) yet there are so many blacks walking around campus. They try to tailgate me into locked buildings, but I've been able to stop them with only a few close calls. I'm glad of the cameras otherwise they might take me on. It's rare to have knifings.

Did you know it is illegal to pull a building fire alarm to get someone to come help even if you are knifed by the mugger? So stupid but you can be prosecuted after you get out of the hospital.

BLM made it difficult to enforce no trespassing rules against blacks who aren't students. Asking for student ID is racist says BLM! You have no right to assume blacks cannot be university students!

Why can't we have black female professors? I'm for that.
>>
>>15561311
I'm glad I dropped out of college in the USA after 2 semesters... I'm making plenty of money and don't have to deal with all that bullshit anymore. When I was going to college I knew a guy who got his truck stolen out of the parking lot of a fast food place in under 30 seconds while he watched from inside. It was a vehicle his parents bought and they had full comprehensive + theft coverage but still...
>>
>>15559071
>$500/mo to insure a $3500 car
That's basically them saying you'll probably total it within a year, statistically speaking. How bad is your driving record?
>>
>>15559071

Sounds like you live in Ontario M8
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.