[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

radio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: large.jpg (63KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
63KB, 500x375px
My mom's sister which doesn't speak my language said that she changed the battery and now the radio stopped and a code is required. Where can I find this code ? I don't own a car, never drove and I'm a total noob but my mom tells everyone that I'm good with computers and apparently that means that I can find anything online.

Here is the information that was pointed out as being helpful in my search.

Marca: renault
Targa: CE525VD
Motore: CATALIZZATO
Modello: laguna

Help appreciated. I literally have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for.
>>
>>15553123
check the manual, or contact a dealer
>>
>>15553167
Can I find the manual online ? What does dealer stand for ?
>>
>>15553178
Yes.

Dealership.
>>
It's an antitheft measure, have her go to the dealership with her registration and ask them for the unlock code (she may need the serial number from the stereo itself) then use your elite hacking skills to input it for her to save her the service charge
>>
Check the glovebox for the information booklet and there may be a card inside upon which the code is stated.
>>
>>15553123
If it's anything like Ford's codes, you either tell her to look very fucking well between the documents and manuals of her car for a little card or sticker with the radio code on it (sometimes they stick it somewhere on the sun visor too), or she has to suck it up and bring it to a dealer.

Usually they need the serial number of the radio (which requires some disassembling of the dashboard) to get the code back, sometimes the plate number (that CE525VD you have there) is enough too, but you still need to call them and possibly bring them the car so they can charge you with some bullshit labor.

For 2000s fords you can pirate the actual software they use to get the code from the serial number, dunno if it's the same for renaults.
>>
Usually you can google the year/make/model of the car and you'll find someone who knows it posted online (they're usually not different for each individual car, rather each production one will have a unique code the dealers are supposed to keep secret).

If you can't find it online second step is to look in the manual. Often it will be printed there, or some GC will have written it down there if it's happened before.

If neither of those work contact a dealership and their service department should be able to look up the code for you. Sometimes they charge you, but you might be able to talk your way out of paying for it since it's just a code.

If the dealership know nothing then just get an aftermarket one installed.
>>
>>15554959

>If the dealership know nothing then just get an aftermarket one installed.

What kind of retarded advice is this
>>
File: 1463648449424.jpg (76KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1463648449424.jpg
76KB, 500x400px
>>15553123
>she changed the battery and now the radio stopped and a code is required.

Factory radios have antitheft features. One is that the user can enter a custom number code. If the radio is ever taken from the car, the code has to be entered before it will work. If the code was never changed since it was new, then the default code will work and should be mentioned in the owner manual. If you bought the car used, the seller should have told you the code he set. On my car, entering the wrong code causes a one minute delay before you can try again. Three wrong codes and the delay goes to 10 minutes. More bad codes then it becomes a lot longer.

The dealer can reset the code lock. It is easy for them to do so. If your dealer is a stealership, then they will rip you off and say it is expensive. It really takes hardly any effort on their part. My dealer is a stealership and charges a large fee to unlock a radio.
>>
>>15554212
>Usually they need the serial number of the radio (which requires some disassembling of the dashboard) to get the code back,

The car's VIN identifies the car and the radio that was installed by the factory. So the dealer only has to go to their computer and enter the VIN number. The serial number of the radio is then available to them. They take that serial number and use that to generate the special unlock code for the radio. It's pretty easy and fast for them to do. If it's a slow day, they will take their time (31 minutes lets them charge you for the hour) so they can charge you more. If your car is parked inside their shop floor, then they charge you for the shop floor time in addition for the service.

I had an old dealer (the nice owner died and his kids sold the firm to a car chain) who would do small things like this for free. It was part of his customer loyalty appreciation. The same with lubricating a sticky door lock. He wouldn't have you drive the car into the shop for the shop fee. If it was super fast and a small thing and could be fixed where the car was parked in the lot, then you sometimes got it fixed free. He ran a dealership, NOT a stealership.

I had my Chevy in there for servicing, and I saw him (the owner) looking around for a driver. He was going to personally deliver a repaired car to the widow of a family that had always bought cars from his dealership. OP doesn't have a chevy, but chances are if it was just the radio lock, it would be unlocked for free if you bought the car from him. It's too bad he died (old age). The kids sold off the two dealerships in the little empire and it was never the same after that.
>>
>>15553123
>My mom's sister which doesn't speak my language said that she changed the battery and now the radio stopped and a code is required.

When a radio is stolen, it is disconnected from the battery for awhile. The radio detects it was no longer connected to a battery for awhile. So it thinks it was stolen. That is why it now asks for a password number or else it will not work.

The owner manual should tell you about the antitheft feature of the radio and how to enter the number in the first place. If you have no owner manual, go to the manufacturer website and download it. My car manufacturer has owner manuals for download for free for all of its cars.
>>
>>15553123
a je tole slovenska tablica?? a zdej že avtoradije cigoti prek 4chana odklepajo?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.