[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How da hell do i make my honda integra rwd ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

How da hell do i make my honda integra rwd ?
>>
>>15550281
install gentoo
>>
File: IMG_4280 braille integ copy.jpg (84KB, 672x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4280 braille integ copy.jpg
84KB, 672x448px
>>15550292
i wana make it into a Drift beast for cheap what da hell is a gentoo? also i dont have a garage so what tools do i need i can work on my lawn
>>
You can't make cars rwd, moron. They're stuck that way
>>
>>15550305
How did he make it go rwd ?
>>
>>15550281
drive in reverse
>>
>>15550281
Just turn the engine sideways, weld the differential, custom make a drive shaft, and install a completely new rear diff, custom axles, and suspension system.

Ez dood
>>
>>15550322
usually S2000 or RX7 drivetrain
>>
File: Krugel Focus.jpg (55KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
Krugel Focus.jpg
55KB, 700x350px
Find someone who sells the base kit. And then go from there.

http://www.kugelkomponents.com/focus/focusv8.php

Like this.
>>
>>15550305
Why don't they make AWD cars that you can chose RWD, FWD or AWD locks and all that?

I mean, you get the DRIFT of RWD, the safety of FWD and the OFFROAD of AWD.

What i'm suggesting isn't weird either, most trucks are RWD until you put them in AWD. And most crossovers use slip detection based FWD.
>>
>>15550423
Because those sort of parts are very fucking weak, and also expensive.
>>
>>15550281
I've heard of people swapping drivetrains, see KSight, but it'd be a lot easier to buy an s2k
>>
>>15550423

#allwheeldrivesmatter
>>
>>15550430
Why are they weak?
>>
>>15550430
>Because those sort of parts are very fucking weak, and also expensive.
Weak? Lol whut?

Expense i understand, it's why most systems are part time AWD, cos they can't handle all the force.

But what about subarus with 3 diffs, they can easily disconnect the front and back depending on how they feel.
>>
>>15550423
>safety of FWD
wut
>>
>>15550561
FWD is a safer set up than RWD.

Safer meaning, it's easier to control a FWD than a RWD.
>>
>>15550281
RR is the opposite of FF.

Just turn the cockpit backwards and make the wheels spin the other way.
>>
>>15550561
FWD understeer was considered a big plus way back when concerning saftey. In FR when you have oversteer you have to correct it, overcorrection can cause problems, etc.

But in FF all you do is keep turning the wheel the way you want to go. There's less thinking involved, therefore it is safer for the average moron on the road.
>>
>>15550610
Isn't the Mr2 basically that?

The first one that is.
>>
>>15550609
Slower=safer, gotcha
>>
>>15550616
>But in FF all you do is keep turning the wheel the way you want to go
That is not how you correct understeer you fucking nigger faggot.
You're what's wrong with America.
Build a wall.
>>
>>15550281
by performing a rwd conversion you dip
>>
>>15550609
>Understeer
>push it, ram into oncoming traffic or fly off the cliff
>once you notice it's too late, you're going off track and you gon die

>Oversteer
>push it, spin around and crash slightly less hard because you shed speed while going sideways
>you're still kind of going in your original direction when you begin to notice it, so it's not instant death
>easy to correct any time all of the time
>>
File: aw11.jpg (2MB, 3264x2128px) Image search: [Google]
aw11.jpg
2MB, 3264x2128px
>>15550619
I like to think it's a backwards AE86 Trueno
>>
>>15550630
There is no "correcting understeer", that's my point you dumb tripfag.
>>
>>15550650
0/10 kys
>>
>>15550650
Learn to left-foot brake and get more weight on that contact patch
>>
>>15550650
Yes there is you fucking idiot.
You correct understeer by taking load off the tires. That means stop braking/turning/accelerating.
Correcting understeer is extremely unintuitive, people naturally will turn sharper which makes it worse and makes you crash and die.
Steer less.
>>
@15550663
No (You) for you, nigger

>>15550664
Understeer is a safety feature. It's that simple. You stop doing whatever you're doing and just let momentum work.

>>15550666
Tl;dr

You don't get it, but you're just a shitty tripnigger so how would you ever get it. There is no correction. You just do nothing out of the ordinary.

Go cry me a river. Filtered.
>>
>>15550666
crashing due understeer is pretty hard to do, i mean you gotta go into a bend at way more than you should.
generally you go in a little hot, realise you're understeering, back off and that's that
with oversteer you can over correct and fuck up.
yes it's entirely your own fault and you should git gud but most people are shitters.
oversteer just freaks out noobs who aren't used to it.
if you're a more advanced driver though it's a preferable balance
>>
>>15550674
>Understeer is a safety feature. It's that simple. You stop doing whatever you're doing and just let momentum work.
>Loss of traction is now a safety feature
You don't let momentum work, you regain control of your vehicle. If all you do is sit there with a dumb look on your face as you slide into oncoming traffic then you shouldn't be on the road.
The littlest difference can make the biggest difference when you're in a ditch dead in your burning car.
>>
>>15550683
This isn't the touge fag. This is real life.
Go drive in the snow, hell even the rain and watch as people flip their cars as they understeer off the dank jump the devs placed between the highway and the exit ramp.
>hurr durr too fast back off a little lol
That doesn't apply so smoothly in a snow storm. Even experienced drivers will get into situations where they can significantly correct understeer and avoid crossing the yellow because of it. Try going around a down hill shaded heavily cambered inside corner some time after a fresh freeze from a warm day. This isn't ur vidya game. Grip conditions can vary greatly and unexpectedly.
>>
>>15550627
>Implying FWD cars are slow
FWD lets you have a lighter car, not to mention more efficient power delivery.

This is one of the reasons FWD cars are more popular than RWD cars, cos better efficiency also means better mileage.

>>15550638
Correcting oversteer is harder for people than just letting understeer do it's thing and let you end up in the grass.

It makes more sense to people that if you take a corner too fast, you slide off the road. It doesn't make sense that your car does a full u turn or more.

Most people don't understand correcting, they just brake and with understeer this is fine, with oversteer you're still facing backwards.

Not only that, but with understeer you realize you're doing something wrong much sooner than with over steer. With understeer you start sliding a little bit around a curve, you wonder why you're not staying in the lane and usually since FWD your rear tires start singing the song of their people. With oversteer, you don't know you're doing something wrong until you've already entirely lost traction.

Also another advantage of FWD, the wheels that point the car also move the car. So easier to regain traction. Also more weight over the driving wheels so less likely to lose traction in the first place.
>>
>>15550704
>Grip conditions can vary greatly and unexpectedly
No shit. What the fuck are you even arguing anymore?

Even in shitty conditions, FWD is safer than RWD. This is a well established fact, and you really can't argue against it.
>>
>>15550704
>This isn't the touge fag. This is real life
if that isnt a quick way to make someone cringe i dont know what is
>snow
sorry I dont live in a shithole, on top of that, I live on the touge, is that real life enough for you?
filtered
>>
>>15550707
>Also another advantage of FWD, the wheels that point the car also move the car. So easier to regain traction.
That's just wrong. But with a RWD you can more accurately control the angle of the slide, unlike in FWD. And that can make all the difference in the world for avoiding a collision.
>>
>>15550704
perhaps you should have mentioned you were talking about driving in snow in the first place you silly rapist
>>
>>15550716
>Thinks somewhere that snow falls is a shit hole.
Lol.
Enjoy your niggers.
PS. Tell your people to stop moving here. They're ruining the place with their faggoty shit.

>>15550715
That's literally just a marketing "fact".
The only reason it's a held belief is because manufacturers tricked people into believing it so that they could lower production costs by switching to FWD for normies.
>>
>>15550716
why filter brosifine? i like reading his posts as i'm clinically retarded and he makes me feel better about myself
>>
>>15550720
When exactly do you think these incompetent normies are sliding? On their way through the McDrive thru to get points for clipping the apex?
>>
>>15550359
And lose 75 hp....
>>
Put your PRNDL in R for "race"
>>
>bait thread turns into some desperate tripfag begging for attention
never change /o/
>>
>>15550726
http://www.wjbdradio.com/LocalNews/Bond-Set-At--50-000-For-Alma-Man-Charged-With-Criminal-Sexual-Assault

>implying where you live isn't a shithole
Just look, a rapist lives there.
>>
>>15550729
Anyone stupid enough to filter anyone on 4chin isn't going to stick around for long anyway, they're not actually internet niggers. Just normies passing through.
>>
>>15550726
they even tune normie spec rwd cars to understeer you fucking muppet, fwd cost cutting has nothing to do with it

>>15550736
sorry you seem to be having a different discussion to everyone else.
this isn't a winter driving thread, you're about 3 months early.
now fuck off
>>
>>15550744
>Anyone stupid enough to use a tripcode on 4chan isn't going to stick around for long anyways they're not internet niggers. Just normies passing through
interesting how well that fits
filtered
>>
>>15550751
Cute post newfag.
When are your tendies done?
>>
>>15550717
Holy shit, an actual retard.

In all my years, all the retards turned out to be trolls, but no! Here is a prime example of a mentally ill person.

impressive.

>>15550759
>Calling someone a normie
>then saying they eat tendies

Newfags really do show themselves quickly.
>>
>>15550748
Then clearly you haven't driven at the limit in a FWD or a RWD in the dry.
FWD isn't a light scrub while RWD is an instant death spin.
You get fuck tons more feedback in a RWD than a FWD.
Again normies aren't losing grip in normal conditions. They're losing it in rain and snow
>ps it rains during the summer too
>>
>>15550766
They're buzzwords brah.
There are also sub groups of groups. I know this will surprise you, but some types of niggers hate other types of niggers, but they're still both niggers to us because we're on the outside.
>>
File: brosifine shitpost king.jpg (133KB, 707x675px) Image search: [Google]
brosifine shitpost king.jpg
133KB, 707x675px
>>
>>15550779
>They're buzzwords brah.
Nice damage control, newfag.
>>
>>15550811
Calling me a newfag is like calling trump poor.
You can do it all you want but there's mountains of evidence to the contrary.
>>
File: Internet Butthurt report.jpg (223KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
Internet Butthurt report.jpg
223KB, 576x720px
>>15550817
>This much damage control
>This much denial
>>
>>15550822
Dank memes.
Do you always name the really funny images you download from your secret hacker website?
>>
>>15550817
>thinking he can argue ANYTHING with his trip on

Calm down ethan. Your history of being a retard undermines anything you say.
>>
>>15550640

Isn't it more like the FX16/AE82 GT with the engine on the other side of the car?
>>
File: DM.jpg (101KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
DM.jpg
101KB, 650x650px
>>15550828
>This much damage control
>unironic Sekreet hacker meme
>>
>>15550852
Ur dank macro didn't apply.
I gotta go tho dm me later senpai.
>>
>>15550281
remove rear seat.
make a hole.
mount engine.
mount truck axle.
connect.
>>
>>15550859
>Run away!
>>
>>15550638
>>15550707
>>15550717
>>15550766
>>15550779
>>15550817
in my years of having a legit turbo crx that was in the 11's and could fry tires on the freeway in any given gear and now ive built a turbo ls1 rwd hot rod its very different.

FWD is way easier to control for idiots, in fact if you ever find yourself losing control applying throttle will pull you towards where you want to go. If your rear end starts coming around, floor it and your front tires will pull you out of the skid. Not to mention that frying tires in fifth gear in a mustang, camaro etc rwd can very easily at highway speeds cause you to lose control.
>>
>>15550917
Pretty much.

With RWD you have less room to make mistakes, and it takes much more skills to keep mistakes in check.

FWD plenty of room to make mistakes, easier to control.
>>
>>15550281
You don't, they're ff nippon shitboxes.

If you grow up and move on from being:
a) a cuck
b) a boyracer faggot
c) a ricer
d) a jdm sucker of asian dick

Then you will realise that not only is your honda supremely gay and shit, so is drifting. Hell, you might even become a sane human being and kill yourself, or at least buy a 1988 automatic v6 mustang because they SHIT on anything that isn't rwd.

AMERICAN MUSCLE, remove chink shit
>>
Surely if you built mounts in the back of a hatch, locked the tierods, and adjusted the alignment it woukd qork fairly easy
>>
>>15550344
Underrated post
>>
>>15551017
>AMERICAN MUSCLE
>Lose serious races for serious adults

At least you kids have your drag strips and deserted parking lots
>>
>>15550292
Fake kit Kat kill yourself my man
>>
>>15551017
Bread on horsepower wars-era muscle bonnet or fuck off.
>>
>>15550281
NSX rolling shell. K20 and turbo it. Paint in Championship White, put Type R stickers and a red Honda badge on, and a huge DC5 Integra boyracer spoiler on the back.

You've now got a RWD Integra. And it's turbo.
>>
>>15551072
I was taking the piss mate. Honest. I'm surprised Americans can't see through obvious bait.
>>
>>15550322
S2000 drivetrain

Crv transmission if want to keep engine you have

civic wagon awd rear axles and transmission

Those are the ways I have seen using honda parts, or you can go full custom fabrication way
Either way gonna cost lots of money
>>
>>15550322
at last.. It has evolved into a real car
>>
>>15550650
Not a fwdcuck, but you correct understeer by matching the front tire speed to the rate at which you are covering grond, its not a rwd car retard you can't steer with your foot
>>
File: lol_idi_amin.gif (4MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
lol_idi_amin.gif
4MB, 298x224px
>>15550344
dis nigga...... dis nigga right here
>>
>>15550619
but mr and rr are different

rr is like porsche where the engine hangs out on the ass but mr is where the engine in between the axles, giving closer to 50/50 dist
>>
sell it for 15k buy a 10k rx8 and keep the last 5k for the seals.
>>
>>15550281
Fuck you idiots are dumb

Understeer
>weight is on drive wheels
>braking puts the weight on the drive wheels
The only time there isn't a lot of force on the drivewheels is when you're accelerating very quickly, which you wouldn't be doing in an "oh shit I need to slow down" moment. That's why FWD is safer.
>>
>>15552732
Nah
>>
>>15550548
The slip detection "AWD" system for crossovers and dodge turbo vans likes to explode when used for any amount of time and is hard to activate. Coming from someone who was trying to RWD convert a Daytona before realizing the amount of money and dealing with junkyard owners that would require
>>
>>15552783
>The slip detection "AWD" system for crossovers and dodge turbo vans likes to explode when used for any amount

Yea. So fuck that, and have a proper AWD set up with all components capable of 100% torque.

The have switches in the TRANSFER case that allows power forward, backwards or both.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.