[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Current US MT RWD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: rwd-logo.jpg (916KB, 3163x845px) Image search: [Google]
rwd-logo.jpg
916KB, 3163x845px
Okay /o/, what do you think of this list I compiled of relatively affordable manual RWD coupes and sedans?

Nissan 370Z
Ford Mustang
(Hyundai) Genesis G90
Mazda MX-5 Miata
Fiat 124 Spider
BMW 2 series
BMW 3 series
Lexus IS
Chevy Camaro
Dodge Challenger
Toyota 86
Subaru BRZ
Cadillac ATS
Mercedes C-Class
Infiniti Q50
Infiniti Q60
>>
>>15549560
>Nissan 370Z
Great mix of power and handling although getting dated. Transmission is also very clunky and it's loud as fuck (I own one)
>Ford Mustang
You need to be more specific but the 5.0s are great. Don't bother with V6s.
>(Hyundai) Genesis G90
Perpetually behind its competition, do not touch
>Mazda MX-5 Miata
Depends on the generation; NB and ND are great cars. NA is overrated as fuck and NC is kind of pigfat
>Fiat 124 Spider
No opinion
>BMW 2 series
Numb as fuck and sloppy, do not touch.
>BMW 3 series
E46/E90 were very good generations, the former being more feelsy and the latter overall a better car (better built, power etc.). Of any 3 series I'd recommend a 335i E90 or a ZHP E46. With the 335i you'll want 2011/2012 models (for the coupe) since they come with the N55 engine; the engine it replaced (the N54) was a moneypit. Don't fucking touch any 3 series coupe after 2012 or sedan after 2011; same story as the 2 series.
>Lexus IS
Very good luxury car, poor fun car. It's comfy, reliable and has a great interior but meh driver dynamics and no manual.
>Chevy Camaro
Depends on generation. Like the Mustang it's a very good car in V8 form, don't even consider the V6.
>Dodge Challenger
Cruiser with a decent amount of power and questionable reliability. Take that how you will
>Toyota 86
Not bad cars but outclassed by its competition, also a bit overpriced new.
>Subaru BRZ
Same as above
>Cadillac ATS
Not too familiar but I like what I've seen from some rudimentary research
>Mercedes C-Class
Not really fun at all to drive, if you want luxury then go with the IS. Also no manual IIRC.
>Infiniti Q50
Even less fun than the C class while also being less comfortable and costing more to buy/run; replaced the G37 which was a good car. Don't think it has manual but don't quote me on that.
>Infiniti Q60
See above

Note, I've done extensive research into most of these as I've been cross-shopping a lot of them lightly to moderately used.
>>
>>15549673
>while also being less comfortable and costing more to buy/run
Meant that in relation to the IS
>>
>>15549673
Do you feel I've omitted anything current in the realm of RWD/MT/coupe or sedan/no hatch? I've also considered the EcoBoost V6 Mustangs as a compromise between practicality and enjoyability.
>>
File: 1430272140361.jpg (42KB, 541x498px) Image search: [Google]
1430272140361.jpg
42KB, 541x498px
>>15550266
>ecoboost V6 mustangs
>>
>>15549673
Wow, a thoughtful and accurate response. Is this /o/?
>>
>>15550276

Is that the look she gives you when you drop your pants after buying the V8?
>>
>>15550276
I fucked up
I meant the V4s
>>
File: me.jpg (120KB, 700x468px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
120KB, 700x468px
>>15550276
Tbh a V6 3.7 with a turbo is fucking neat.

>>15549673
What's wrong with the v6 and ecoboost Mustangs? 0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds is pretty decent. Those cars are just as fast as older 4.6 s197 GTs.

Or are you just memeing?
>>
>>15549673
First off, how can you have a 370z and say to avoid the v6?

They can do over 300whp with full bolt ons (cai/cats/headers/etc)

If it's just because your car is more "balanced", be aware these new mustangs handle great. Even the v6s with shitty base wheel package WILL pull a G on a regular curve. Some magazine rated them at .86. Can consistantly get my friends up to that .9-1g area though, admittedly it was squeeling the tires at 1 and probably wouldn't do much more than that. And hell, they are 52% front weight with 12.x" rotors front and rear.
>>
>>15553532
He is just memeing, a modern 3.7 V6 Mustang is sligtly slower stock than a 370z and as fast as some of the 350z versions.

Not a bad choice if you're in a budget and want something fast and capable of turning.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.