[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything more frustrating than driving with your parents?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 38

File: image.jpg (190KB, 600x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 600x470px
>anon stop being so rough with your car!
>anon stop braking so late!
>anon be careful!
>anon slow down!
>you don't have to downshift to slow down you know
>why are you revving it so much?
>ANON STOP BEING ROUGH WITH YOUR CAR!

Driving it like a fucking granny of course. Are your parents the same?
>>
I don't have parents.
>>
Be me
>Driving down my street with 3 stop lights timed perfectly to change for a car going 40.
>Mom in back seat.
>Don't slow down approaching the stop that she has no experience with.
>Gasps and tells me to slow down every time I get close but the light changes as she opens her mouth.

Back seat driver btfo
>>
>>15540143
My mom calls me a pussy if I dont floor it through yellows and do 10+ over
>>
>>15540143
Why are you driving like that with your parents? You don't have to be boi ricer everywhere you go.
>>
>>15540143
>Stop braking so late
Jesus fucking christ, my mom doesn't say it, but instead she Gasps and holds onto the roof or door for dear life at every red light.

I'm fully aware of the time it takes to stop my car, and how much pressure I have to put on my brake to stop, chill the fuck out.
>>
>>15540161
My mother's the same, she is a horrible driver
>>
>Be me
>Drive perfectly normal
>Steady on corners and breaking
>Shifts are perfectly synced
>Heel-toeing makes cornering smooth as fuck
>Keep my distance between other vehicles
>Can time traffic perfectly
>Everyone compliments me on my driving skills
>People want me to drive for trips

It's all about how smooth your ride is, not fast.
>>
>Mother would tell me to stop speeding
>Look at speedometer
>Doing 5mph under the speed limit
>Tell her I am not speeding
>She says yes you are speeding
>>
I have a self-imposed rule about never driving in the same vehicle as my mother if either one of us is driving, plus always only in a diagonal seating configuration
>grips seat and roof handle at the gentlest acceleration
>NOT SO HARSH at the gentlest of braking
>YOU'RE GOING TO FAST YOU'LL KILL US 40kmh downhill
>YOU'RE TOO FAST YOU'LL GET A TICKET, YOU CAN'T AFFORD A TICKET 56 in a 50

then sitting in vehicle she's driving
>wants to go straight, goes to rightmost lane BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO BE IN RIGHTMOST LANE whoops it's a turn lane, whoops she stopped, whoops they're honking at her and she's having a mental breakdown
same ride
>pushes in between 2 vehicles that are barely 1-car from each other because gotta have that rightmost lane IMMEDIATELY EVERYONE IS BRAKING DUE TO RED LIGHT AND SHE'S GOT ABOUT 10cm SPACE EACH BUMPER TO BUMPER

almost crashed a couple of times on a "road trip" i drove to some distant family grave.

please pray for my motorcycle to get fixed at shop tomorrow
>>
File: V0FGzf3.jpg (59KB, 387x754px) Image search: [Google]
V0FGzf3.jpg
59KB, 387x754px
not driving so much as just owning a car.. sometimes i hate having no immediate family that is into cars.

>so, anon, how much money have you dumped into this one?
>your car is in the shop? are you sure it isn't a lemon, anon?
>why didn't you buy something more practical?
>how much did that cost?
>it looks fast anon, are you sure insurance isn't too much?
>your sister bought a prius, why don't you get something like that?
i know its mostly just coming from a place of love, but fuck man it's like you buy one lemon when you're 18 and every car after that is a lemon as well in their eyes.
>>
>>15540143
Sort of like it's pretty random

My mum has no tolerance for speed unless it's on the highway which I hate because of traffic
>>
>>15540143
>oh my GOD ANON DONT OVERTAKE THIS CAR YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE
>>
>>15540201
Thank god my dad is into cars as well. He and I keep pouring money into my ride to make it look and work perfect. My sister owns a shitty Saab and both me and my dad mock her for it.
>>
>stop playing with the radio you will crash
>>
I actually drive like a grandpa so my dad doesnt bother me.
My sister on the otherhand constantly complains about my "terrible driving". Meanwhile her car has small dents, scrapes, different colored paint smudges all over. Drives too damn fast and gets tunnel vision or something with the amount of fender benders shes been involved with.
>>
>>15540170
Why do you insist on slamming the breaks? Its not hard to coast to a smooth stop. Learn how to drive.
>>
My dad is just as into cars as me. Plenty of stories from his youth about caning a Carina estate down the back alleys scaring his mates shitless, etc.

Whenever he's out in the Starlet GT, he gets just as much of a grin on his face as he does when he's driving his own Corolla TTE Compressor (Supercharged 2ZZ)
>>
>>15540187
>cars always run a little faster than what the tach says
>i know cos your auntie got a ticket 14 years ago and her tach said she wasn't speeding
>>
>>15540265
In my experience they show a little slower than what the tach says.
>>
>>15540260
In his defense, it's hard to drive normally after playing rally/racing vidya a lot. I've been playing Dirt Rally for some time now and I just can't drive slowly.
>>
>>15540274
>>15540265
Where I live there's a 10 kph margin where the speed cameras don't trigger, which is there to compensate for any errors the car tach may have.
>>
>>15540282
I have no idea what a speed camera is.
>>
>>15540285
The thing that takes a photo of you when you go too fast? I'm not english so I may have used the wrong word for it.
>>
>>15540289
that makes sense i guess they have those in larger cities. do those governments actually let a god damned robot decide in giving you a speeding fine? god damn.
>>
>>15540277
After a weekend mad max movie/game binge, I got in on the right side of my car then realized *wait, my car's American"
>>
>>15540295
Actually it's more popular on the countryside, and yeah, there's a shitload of those in Europe. But the same principle applies to cops, they don't even bother to stop you if you're speeding 10 kph over the limit. Hell even if you go above that, they sometimes just let you off with a warning.
>>
I refuse to be a passenger in almost anyone's car. If we're going I'm fucking driving I don't even care if your fucking car.
>>
>>15540307
May I ask why?
>>
>>15540308
Control Freak. A special kind of neuroses that destroys an otherwise nice person's personality, and makes them absolutely repulsive to every other human being on the planet. Lonely existence (he doesn't actually refuse to be a passenger, he is simply never invited).
>>
>>15540143
> Driving around with your parents in their car.
> Being driven around BY your parents.
> Being driven around by your parents in your car.

>>15540143
>>anon stop braking so late!
It's the opposite with me and my mother. She brakes WAY late, because she learned to drive way back when engines were heavy on the engine braking. So she doesn't believe they do it, these days.
>>
>>15540307
Tbh I have a similar thing where I'm often scared of being a passenger to female drivers. I'm seriously afraid of my life when driving with women.

Needless to say I'd NEVER let a girl drive my car.
>>
>>15540295
>do those governments actually let a god damned robot decide in giving you a speeding fine? god damn.
the camera just takes pictures, it's still people reviewing them
>>
>don't drive like a retard
>parents never said anything
>>
>>15540182
I wouldn't say I achieved the "smooth as fuck" level but fucking this.

If people are scared in your car you are a douche. If only your mom is scared in your car you are still a douche because you won't change your behaviour to be nice to your own fucking mother.
>>
>>15540411
how can a person tell how fast you are going from a photo. i would get out of those tickets so easy using my logic reasoning.
>>
>>15540423
because the camera has a thing to detect how fast you are going?
>>
>>15540143
They only problem I have driving with my parents is music.

Even though it's my car, they think I wanna listen to their music
>>
>>15540149
>Be me
>Browsing /o/
>Mfw these normies have parents
>Be me
>Give birth to myself
>Fucking normies
>>
>drive with my dad as passenger
>take a turn kinda quick
>son my stomach hurts
kinda sad 2bh because he used to be really into cars, but then his health problems started fucking his shit up

>drive with my mom
>traffic
>anon why are you leaving a space in front of you
>someone is going to take it
>>
>>15540478
These feels

My dad died in his car immediately sold it
>>
>>15540460
What?
>>
>>15540488
He gave birth to himself anon. I don't see what you don't get , it's pretty commonplace here in Commiefornia
>>
>>15540260
I don't slam on them, I just don't break at a huge distance like everyone else.
>>
>>15540307
Take a deep breath. It's gonna be okay.
>>
>>15540910
Does your ABS kick in?
>>
File: IMG_20160702_151206.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160702_151206.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
>parents fly up to visit me once a year
>i have to drive their shitty car rental even though I'm not supposed to
>constantly back seat driven and yelled at
>>
>driving down country lane
>suddenly mum screams
>slam on breaks thinking she saw something I didn't (why else would she scream?)
>nothing
>"What the fuck?"
>"There was a bird on the road. Didn't you see it."

I did, I just didn't give a fuck about some stupid pigeon.
>>
File: 1463949943844.gif (247KB, 488x275px) Image search: [Google]
1463949943844.gif
247KB, 488x275px
My parents were fucking dangerous on the road, and downright psychopaths.

>mom is stereotypical entitled BMW crossover driver
>actually ran someone off the road maliciously, and showed me cell phone video of her doing it
>she'd sometimes throw half-drank starbucks cups into the open windows of people she didn't like
>unironically believes there should be a "members only" section of road for people who drive luxury cars

>dad is a general asshole
>holds grudges like a motherfucker
>acts like a child when a light turns red, or someone is going straight in front of him when he tries to turn
>drives the wrong way on the roundabout in their neighborhood because he "doesn't have time for nonsense like this"
>once screamed at me for going too slow

I milked what I could from them, reported my mother to the police, then moved out and cut most ties with them. They're as crazy off the road as they are on the road.
>>
File: IMG_20160729_145459.jpg (662KB, 1152x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160729_145459.jpg
662KB, 1152x1920px
>you're too rough on it, stop revving it too high
>just put it in a drive and go stop revving
>no it's not a manual I know cars better than you manuals don't work like that
>what do you mean it's mid engined? Where am I supposed to put stuff?
>why is it so loud
>why are we so low
>this doesn't feel safe at all
>stop playing with your gear lever at lights, you're going to break it

I just got a 5 speed 2.5 i4 Fiero. My mother and sister don't know shit about cars. My mom is convinced it's an auto and my sister hates it because it's not practical.
>>
>>15540161
Then floor it when there's a car in the intersection
>>
>>15540143
>tfw drive like a grandpa when people are in the car
>tfw my parents rave about my driving
>>
File: 1450972759782.png (217KB, 447x547px) Image search: [Google]
1450972759782.png
217KB, 447x547px
>>15541065
"dont have time for nonsense like this"
he might have been a cunt but he was also a fun man i bet
>>
>>15540930
Yea but thats normal thats what its there for
>>
when my mom gets in my car
>"anon have you been smoking in here?"
>"it's so dirty in here! you need to clean your car" because she finds a receipt on the floor, despite cleaning/vacuuming the other day so everything else is clean as fuck
and of course the backseat driving

when my dad gets in my car
>"god damn it smells like weed in here"
>"is the heater (or A/C) on? turn that shit off"
>"you shouldn't drive so fast all the time you're going to get pulled over one day" said _after_ we arrive to our destination
>>
>>15540143

> drive with caution
> keep distance
> always drive 5-10 over
> mom calls me a good driver
> she feels safe she says
> grandma says the same
> both get angsty when driving highway and I whip it up to 140km/h
> mom deathstares the road
> grandma squeezes into seat as if we are launching apollo 11

Can't really complain
>>
>>15540143
>father can't drive long distance
>asks me to drive him
>eyes locked on the speedometer
>one flick above 120 he goes apeshit
>"keep four cars distance between you and the one infront of you" there's nobody on the road
>brake ? brake!!!, BRAAAAKEE
if he wasn't my dad I would've stopped and asked him to gtfo, but he pays me to drive him.
>>
File: niggaslide.gif (930KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
niggaslide.gif
930KB, 270x270px
>tfw mom always screams RAMP SPEED when I'm exiting the highway
>>
>tfw mom braces against the car
>WOULD YOU SLOW DOWN

ok so I might not brake when someone in front of me is slowing down as fast as she does, but i'm not going to trigger my brake lights until it's necessary. that shit creates traffic jams if one person starts it.
>>
>>15540170
My mom's the opposite with me sometimes. I picked up a silly habit from my dad of braking super early and coasting up to red lights, which often lets me keep 20+mph of speed. So she bitches about me going to slow coming up to the light.
>>
When I was l earning to drive I passed too close to a parked car and my mom screamed like I just ran over a child then got out and walked home

I don't drive with my mom much anymore
>>
>>15541396
>My mom doesn't get in my car much anymore
FTFY

maybe you should try to be a better driver
>>
>>15541264
Shouldn't you be working, Frosty
>>
Mum's an absolutely awful driver. She terrorises everyone else on the road, I'm glad she drives a shitty 2009 Fiat 500.
The worst part:
>cornering at 25mph
>deathgrip on the doorhandle
>"SLOW DOWN ANON, WE NEARLY FLIPPED"

>Driving to closest big town
>Really nice gently winding road with a 50 limit, comfy to drive
>I'm doing 40 in a particularly windy part
>"YOU'RE BREAKING THE LIMIT ANON THE POLICE SET UP SPEED TRAPS HERE"
Bitch you drive that route at 60mph and shout at other drivers for being slow when they're doing the speed limit
>>
>>15540308
I do this too, but because I like my car. Normies will never insist that they drive, and car people usually are fun to ride with.
If you're a normie, I'm driving and you'll probably enjoy it
>>
Having three drunk bitches in the backseat demanding the aux jack on full volume and a guy in the front leaning over the gear lever which has no safety shift lock, is less stressful than driving with my dad.
>>
>>15541400

Well I was learning

I didnt hit the car though so i guess im fine
>>
>>15541423
>"you're le nurmie XDDDD"
>says the guy running windows
>says the guy who streams music through his phone in mp3 format
>says the guy who doesn't wear designer sneakers
Stop acting like you're anything other than a peasant.
>>
>>15540143
>>you don't have to downshift to slow down you know
And you shouldn't. Brakes are cheaper than transmission parts.

>tfw poorfag
>>
How do you describe someone a good driver? I'm mostly driving max 10km/h over limit. Since I'm newbie on driving and never knew how is it to accelerate fast, shift gears fast and rev your engine over 4k RPMs so now I often do those things. Does these actions make me a bad driver? Very rarely I do +20km/h over speed limit, but for a very short time 5-10secs, because it feels amazing. I never pressure or tailgate someone from the back very closely. I don't play "chess" i.e. switching lanes after every obstacle, other vehicles. Always use turn indicators. My small problem is that I drop clutch too fast and it jumps a little bit, but that's because I feel like I'm Paul Walker or some shit.
>>
File: 1434068146531.jpg (31KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1434068146531.jpg
31KB, 429x410px
>>15541475
...what?
>>
>>15540143
Are you a relatively fresh driver? I know that they can be a bit on edge when you're young and studying to get your license, but if they persist even when you're 30 and drive them to the store and church every sunday perfectly fine as payment for them allowing you to live in the basement then they are overrreacting a bit
>>
>>15541498
i believe anon just started driving
>>
>>15541475
i describe myself as a good driver because i regularly go 30kph+ over the limit, i tailgate people i need to overtake just because i want them feeling scared of me, if there's traffic inthe highway i wil switch between lanes just to spare those extra 3 minutes and i never indicate. see you on the roads ;^)
>>
>>15541498
Which part you did not understand? I want to know how you describe a good driver. I told my driving mechanics and habits and want to know do they represent me as a bad driver.

>>15541508
Yes. I said about in my post.
>>
>>15540143
>>15540170
>>15540187
>>15541310
>>15541323
>>15541414
I can't imagine how much it must suck for your mother not to trust you enough to make good decisions behind the wheel. If my mom had that little respect for me, I'd probably kill myself.
>>
>>15540423
It's quite simple. The radar sets off the camera if you're going over a certain speed. The camera takes two or more pictures a set time apart. If you have moved a certain distance between those pictures, as indicated by the lines painted on the road, you get a fine in the post.

>>15540423
Your 'logic reasoning' would not only get thrown out of court, but get you 'contempt of court' fines as well.
>>
>>15540289
>>15540285
>>15540282
>>15540274
>>15540265
The TACHOMETER and SPEEDOMETER are two different things you stupid fat coons.
the tach is your revs.
>>
>mom complains about driving too fast on the freeway
>remind her she's never driven on the freeway in her life
>shuts up the whole way
>>
>>15540143
> Light turns yellow
> i stop (not hard)
Why didn't you take it anon?
> light turns yellow
> i keep going
OMFG WTF ARE YOU DOING YOU'RE GOING TO FUCKING KILL US!

Wtf am i supposed to do?
>>
>>15541512
I think I'm the best driver on the road because I drive faster than everyone else. Regularly jump red lights because I can't be fucked waiting. Never let anyone in, always cut in, tailgate. You know, the shit that normie faggots are too beta to do.
>>
File: 1469870973624.png (159KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
1469870973624.png
159KB, 289x289px
>>15541529
I believe a good driver should strive to be as close to a racing driver as possible. That meaning: car control, awareness, decision making. Not to such a competitive level but more than the average fuck on the road.
Let's take car control for example. I feel like everyone driving a car should be in full control of the car at all times. Not talking on the goddamn phone, not texting, not doing something dangerously distracting from driving. When you're driving, you're driving. If you feel like doing something else, fuck off and take the bus. Also, people should learn to control the car in various situations such as slippery conditions, obstacles, shit like this, and not just pray that it doesn't happen to them or make a wild maneuver and literally cause an accident.
Awareness: too many people I see on the road are not paying attention. This brings me back to my first point, if you're not in the mindset of driving, stay home or take the bus. Learn to anticipate situations by reading the traffic flow, seeing where you can overtake, where you can't, being prepared for the eventuality in which some asshole on the road does something stupid and you might need to avoid an accident.
Which brings me to decision making. You should never hesitate or half ass something. If you're gonna overtake, overtake. Plan it out ahead, know your car, know that you have enough time to do it safely. I absolutely hate people that take ages to overtake, trying to do shit with their car that their car is not capable of doing, and I hate people that back out because they miscalculated even more. Pay attention to the goddamn road. See what's happening, act accordingly. This is why most accidents and unfortunate situations happen. People don't bother to learn how to drive their cars properly and don't give two shits about the other people on the road.

tl;dr know your car, know your limits, respect the act of driving.
>>
>>15540143
My mom is chill since she knows I'm the better driver and my old man just gives directions even if I drive the route daily

So all in all bretty chill, could be way worse
>>
>>15541583
eat shit brosifine
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>Mom is a terrible passenger.
>Always tenses up in my Buick at the slightest body roll.
>Hardly ever wears a seatbelt.

Another:

>Sister gets her permit, deals with anxiety issues.
>Mom can't overcome her own issues as a passenger and causes my sister's anxiety to through the roof.
>Sister's permit lapses after only 3 hours of drive time. Mom never encouraged her to get behind the wheel.
>I turn 21, sister then gets permit again
>Proceed to teach her how to drive.
>Have her hoon through country roads so she knows what the car can do and ease her stress.
>Passes her exam with flying colors.

I really resent my mom for that.
>>
>>15541636
>"I resent my mom because she is not a good driving instructor"
Yet she deals with her son living in her basement hogging up all the bandwith
>>
>>15541323
You'll get better mileage if you brake sooner and more gently. You'll also have more momentum if the light in front of you changes.
>>
> tfw my mother, brother, and sister all know I'm a better driver than them
>>
>>15540143
drive mom and dad to supermarket
>Dad puts up the gps in the passanger seat so he can monitor the speed
>BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>YIELD YIELD YIELD YIELD
>BRACE!!!!!!!!!!
>its literally just a car entering the extra lane...

drive mom and dad to a party
>both are just chatting
>literally going x2 the speedlimit, they don't notice
>fucking hypocrites

I have taken my car and motorcycle license in two countries on two continents, and testing is way more strict than when they got their licenses. I even drive a van for my work in the police.
But im sure when they look at me, they just see some 10 year old baby driving.
im 27...
>>
>>15540143
My parents don't do any of that. I've been driving since I was 7. I'm better at it and they know it.
>>
>buy a car that's low enough that none of my four parents/step-parents want to even attempt to sit in the passengers seat.
>problem solved

And luckily I didn't even need to buy some douchey stancefag aftermarket suspension.
>>
>>15541763
Also my dad isn't a pussy beta
>>
>>15541596
agree. "defensive driving" is just a nice way to say youre a beta.
>>
>>15540422
Then the fuckers won't get in my car. I like to feel the drive and if they complain about roughness they can walk, I bet its much better than being in a car someone drives "roughly", and I ain't even driving it like im on track. They are dead weight in my car.
>>
>>15541603
The gold standard, in my opinion, of being a "good driver" is that you should be invisible. Not in the sense that you aren't seen, but in the sense that you never have to force another driver to alter their course. Any time you make a move based on the assumption that the other driver will react to the change in conditions that you are imposing on the road is a chance that you will be fucked up by some dipshit who isn't paying attention.
>>
>>15541068
>no it's not a manual I know cars better than you manuals don't work like that

Please tell me this isn't real. There's no way someone would insist a car is auto after being shown it's a manual.
>>
>>15541766
Looks gorgeous anon. Take care of her.
>>
>>15541791
You don't get passengers very often, do you?
>>
>>15540143
Sounds like you can't drive for shit Anon
>>
>>15541236
You brake too hard, then.
>>
My parents consider me a really good driver.

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about OP. How I drive with people in my car is totally different then when nobody is in it. If I'm with friends or family, I don't drive like a dipshit racecar driver like an autist.

>not braking super early to save brake pads and gas mileage
>not lifting off the brake when almost at a complete stop to make it softer

Come on now.
>>
File: 608.jpg (36KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
36KB, 709x765px
>>15540143
>driving with your senile grandfather who shits himself if you go over 25
>>
It doesn't happen often. Last time I can remember:

>At mom's house to pick up some shit or something
>Mom has a new truck
>She waits for my sister to be out of earshot and asks
>>Wanna go for a ride in my truck?
>>Depends, do I get to drive?
>>...Fine, just don't tell your sister
>Drive out to straight road
>Scope for cops
>Floor it for 1/4 mile or so
>Go home

I guess I'm trusted well enough
>>
>>15540143
>be successful, functioning member of society that doesn't live with his parents
>only time my parents are passengers in my car is when they come to visit
>my driving never comes into the conversation when they are riding with me because I don't drive like an asshat
>implying you aren't a 16 year old boy racer with no situational awareness

Learn to drive, OP
>>
my mum starts going for imaginary pedals and panicking. She makes me a worse driver, because she's shouting at me so much.
>>
>>15540143
Get your own car faggot.
>>
>>15541900
>How I drive with people in my car is totally different then when nobody is in it.
A million times this.
>>
I'm 40 years old and I still let my mom drive when we're together unless she has enough of a reason to NEED me to drive that she shuts up. Getting cars that are too much for her was a nice step.
>>
OP you must drive like a cunt. You can drive smoothly and still be quick. If you're one of those retards who redline everywhere and drive like complete dickholes, even more so with people in your car, you shpuld reevaluate your life and your driving style.
>>
i just get the shits and go warp speed poor old mummers shits herself and shuts her eyes
>>
>>15541730
>im 27...
im 25 its just them being 'protective' which translates roughly to "Stupid young kids drive to fast" bullshit

Ill never go slow ill probably get faster as i get older

t. Randy Probst Fan
>>
>>15541866
No, and I am glad I don't. Look here pal, I am being generous and giving you a ride, out of my goodwill I took pity on your busrider ass, the least you can do is shut the fuck up and enjoy the fucking G in the back.
>>
File: neeneennb.jpg (31KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
neeneennb.jpg
31KB, 1280x720px
>>15540149
at least there's no one to bother you while you drive the batmobile
>>
>>15541548
that's not the issue here, Anon
it's literally just that women are fucking idiots and don't know how vehicles work
>>
>>15542099
Whatever you need to tell yourself to live with your parents' lack of trust.
>>
>>15541447
I do none of these things
I have an xbox which is pretty normie
>>
>>15541591
Put her in the trunk.
>>
>>15541410
Kek
>>
>always complain turning too fast
>her perception of safe is slowing down to 10mph to do any turn
>>
dad
>drives 80 in 65, 75 in 50, 65 across NYC-area bridges
>takes turns faster than I do
>blares radio everywhere

mom
>literally afraid of driving outside of going to work
>never breaks speed limit ever

me
>10 over is the max, barring weather or traffic

that's it
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 537x807px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 537x807px
>be me
>dad drives a B5 RS4
>bought it brand new how ever many years ago, Imola Yellow
>likes cars but always babies his, I don't think I've ever been in the car when he's been driving and the engine is revved high enough to even be on boost
>he never drives it fast ever
>probably the most fuel efficient RS4 driver of all time
>I buy a quattro A4 for my first car so I have a rough idea of what his car drives like (lol understeer)
>get to drive his car one day on a familiar stretch of road
>he's in the passenger seat
>drive it like I'm trying to set a rally special stage world record
>he's literally sunk into his seat thinking were going to die, shouting for me to stop
>mfw he owned the car 15+ years and never knew it was basically a supercar

I moved out into my own place not long after that. Boomers lmao.
>>
>>15540182
Seriously this.

>Smooth Down shifts
>Always Staying around peak torque
>Subconsciously hitting apexes
>Always sizeable following distance
>Light, consistent braking always to stop

A lot of the elements for driving smooth, cross over into driving fast.
>>
>>15540143
My parent's haven't told me shit while driving in several years.

I'm 24.
>>
>>15540182
My bro :)
>>
>>15541854
i can picture it
>"anon, why does your car have 2 brake pedals?"
>>
>dad is ex professional drag racer
>general hoon as well
>keeps up with me in the twisties in his 88 hilux
>>
>start braking
>mom grabs the overhead handle
>>
>>15542428
Agreed. The line through a corner that will take you through it fastest when you go balls-to-the-wall is identical to the line that will take you through it with a minimum of jerking at a lower speed. The only difference between street driving and racing should be the pace.
>>
>>15540168
this, you're a bad driver if you can't drive as gently as a chaffeur.
>>
>>15540143
No. Don't know how my dad would react (died a long time ago) but my mother isn't bothered by my driving. I don't really drive crazy or anything. I take my corners fast, I accelerate fast, and I speed a constant 5-10 mph over the posted speed limit. Otherwise I'm the model of proper driving.

Honestly my mother probably doesn't complain since she has owned several fast cars. Some highlights
>'78 Firebird Trans Am, bought as a birthday present for herself
>Corvette Stingray (C2), don't recall the year but it's a 'vette
>'69 Charger and Challenger (don't recall the year of the Challenger, just that she had one). Boyfriend took the Challenger when they broke up, mom traded Charger and some cash for the 'vette
>>
>>15541603
>Learn to anticipate situations by reading the traffic flow, seeing where you can overtake, where you can't, being prepared for the eventuality in which some asshole on the road does something stupid and you might need to avoid an accident.

Oh god this gets me super riled up every time. Like in traffic flow situations where you can see what the approaching problem is, but others just don't have the awareness and assume someone is just "slowing down to be annoying" and act like a brief dip in 5 mph is the end of the world.

>driving in right lane taking it easy
>see developing situation ahead
>separated semi tire carcass in left lane, large enough to need avoiding
>people slow down accordingly
>I slow down to let random dude in left lane come over with plenty of room to comfortably avoid
>the second I touch my brakes guy behind me immediately dives to outside, into the passing lane
>FWAP
>center punches the carcass
>his stupid niggery and impatience has resulted in his front bumper exploding on the carcass of a semi tire, better luck next time
>>
File: 31687575.jpg (132KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
31687575.jpg
132KB, 1024x768px
>>15542755
I'm in pain anon.

>2 lane turn lane onto road with convenience store on the corner
>be in right lane in suburban behind volkswagen shitbox from the early 2000s
>predictably they have to go to the convenience store so they're in the right lane in front of me
>light changes, they go normal speed through the intersection and reach the entrance to the convenience store parking lot
>they slam on the brakes, leaving 3/4ths of their car in the road for literally no reason
>no one was backing out, no spaces were full, it was the bump in the road that freaked their poor fragile spines out and they had to come to a stop
>punch the GAS while whipping the wheel to the left so that the suburban dives out of the way
>car next to me freaks the fuck out and almost goes into the median to avoid 5,500 lbs of american impatience and frustration
>fantasies about creaming shitboxes in my burb subside temporarily when the prospect of losing a beautiful well-kept 155k mile '03 suburban in a minor traffic accident becomes apparent
>>
>why aren't you using push-pull, anon?

Because it's an outdated, useless steering method that's inferior to hand-over-hand in every way. Practicing with parents that don't know how to drive is infuriating.

I think i need an instructor if I want to get a license
>>
>>15540143

You missed my favorite

>WHERE ARE YOU GOING ???

How about you tell me I'm about to miss a turn instead of being a self righteous twat about it.
>>
File: SHUT UP.jpg (131KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
SHUT UP.jpg
131KB, 1250x1250px
Red squares are stationary cars that had to wait due to approaching traffic from the right, purple line is me who arrived (still moving) while the people in the left lane were about to take off, the traffic now having cleared.

>move over into the right lane
>obviously do this so I don't have to wait behind the stopped people
>this is fucking obvious to anyone
>'anon stop swerving around'

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU CAN'T EVEN DRIVE
>>
2 People giving you directions to a place but the directions differ and they argue about what route is better
>>
well OP.. I can tell you that 100% of the time.. if your parents are giving you driving tips.. your doing it wrong.

I remember the exact feels..or lack off bout 16 years ago.
>>
>>15542987
did you cross the solid bar?
>>
>>15543061
What solid bar?
>>
>>15543069
the painted bar on the road
>>
>>15543110
Not sure what country you're from but thats not really how roundabouts work in the UK.

If you couldn't cross the lines how would anyone ever get out of the 'middle' lane to complete their turn? You'd be stuck driving in circles forever.
>>
>>15540228
get out.
>>
File: 1453400610741.jpg (46KB, 400x521px) Image search: [Google]
1453400610741.jpg
46KB, 400x521px
>>15543132
Your post is confusing on every level. I can't even tell what the fuck you're trying to say.
>>
>>15543187
Well what is the 'solid bar'?
>>
File: 1363644757098.jpg (114KB, 502x417px) Image search: [Google]
1363644757098.jpg
114KB, 502x417px
My dad drives like a fucking maniac compared to me. Last time I was over near the Tail of the Dragon I rode with my friend while my dad drove my car; when I met up with him later, he said there was one point where he pushed it too hard and ended up almost doing a 180 and going over the edge. I'm afraid to let him drive my car now.

Then again, at least I wasn't in the passenger seat when it happened.

>mfw he's driving and says "hey, this road looks fun!"
>>
>>15540182
Agreed. My family & friends always compliment me when we drive on long trips because they can fall asleep without panicking.
>>
>>15540143
My dad wanted to know why I wasn't down shifting through the gears when I was slowing down.
Because it's loud as fuck dad. Piss off.
>>
>>15542825
Instructors don't like to see hand over hand because if you ever get in an accident while your hands are crossed you'll break both arms.
>>
>>15542825
If you are in America you should be able to pass after you figure out how to park.
>>
>>15543658
>if you ever get in an accident while your hands are crossed you'll break both arms.
Free healthcare, my broken arms are the doctors problem, not mine.
>>
File: 1423151898539.png (191KB, 370x257px) Image search: [Google]
1423151898539.png
191KB, 370x257px
>>15542375
My uncle is the same, but he likes to believe he's an ultra-aggressive driver.

>bought a 2003 Accord v6 sedan brand new, back when everybody had the i4
>car was and is still decently quick, but no sports car
>he thinks that passing people at 5-10 mph on the highway means he's flooring his car
>loves how fast it is and how fast he is
>I change his timing belt and do necessary maintenance. Despite cosmetic wear and tear by retarded co-workers/passengers, the car is very mechanically sound
>I decide to genuinely floor it one day with him in the passenger seat
>I only hit 5-6k, right about when vtec activates
>he drops into his seat grabbing the arm rest on the door and center console, asking me what that sudden noise was
>After questioning him, find out he's never passed 3k on his tach.

Also another pet peeve that I hope i'm not the only one who has, is when people buy luxury vehicles only to never EVER use the features they boast. My entire family buys top trim of anything and never once used the automatic climate control, preferring to spin the fan dial every 5 minutes, or fiddle with the temp over and over. Or use automatic headlamps for that matter.
>>
>>15542735
>Boyfriend took the Challenger when they broke up,
And she didn't call the cops? Dafuq man
>>
>>15540143
my dad drives a minivan and is a very strangely excellent driver. I witnessed him drifting a ford aerostar on a snowy road once, but he never breaks the speed limit and has never had an accident.

My mother drives a porsche and has totalled 5 or 6 cars in the past somehow. She also doesn't break the speed limit but she does things like coasts up to a light at 35 mph then slams the brakes down hard as fuck.

Neither of them understand my choice in cars.
>>
>>15543703
Yeah except you have both arms in casts for a month at least, retard.
>>
>>15543029
>person giving you directions is on their phone
>always switching between apps
>"oops the turn was back there"
>>
>>15540160
>Gasps
the absolute fucking worst.
i hear a gasp from the passenger seat and think a child is running into the street or something. no, mom just saw a brake light 100 meters down the road.
>>
>>15543703
>Free healthcare,
>payed for by taxes
People like you are why most proponents of socialized medicine are a joke
>>
My parents were cool. No bitching when they're passengers. My dad always drove fast and my mom does too on occasion.
>>
>>15543841

Same. If I hear a gasp I assume we're about to collide with something/someone and it pisses me off.
>>
>>15543764
Top trim is for resell value
>>
>>15541396
If you were too close you would have hit it.
>>
>>15543896
I wish. We keep cars until they die. While there is nothing wrong with that it feels like they don't get their money's worth when they barely use what the car has to offer. They would have been much better off buying a lower trim.
>>
>>15543936
Ah, in that case off seems like more of a wank thing.
I do like keeping my cars though, I get really attached to them.
>>
>>15540307
Ahahah, no, you're not driving my car. If you can't understand that then you can walk.
>>
>>15540143
There hasnt been once that ive driven with my mom, without me getting frusterated, stopping the car either in the middle or side of the road and telling her to drive.

It drives me fucking nuts i swore ill never drive her. My dad is a lot more reasonable but over protective because hes suffered accidents while racing.
>>
>>15540160
Fucking gasps make my heart stop. Feel like knocking the person out.
>>
>>15540200
I hope you get your motorcycle fixed buddy and get the independency you need
>>
>>15540201
What do you drive anon you got me curious
>>
File: latest.jpg (37KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
37KB, 720x480px
>>15540228
Fucking lucky man

Pic related
>>
>>15542375
cyka blat

http://joyreactor.cc/post/1306123

>>15542657
>late apex
>smooth

Lol no
>>
>>15541937
>Everyone's parents are like mine
kys rtd
>>
>>15541937
Implying all parents are like yours...

Fuck you and kys.
>>
>>15541591
Be a man and make your own decisions.
>considering a woman's opinion when it comes to driving, ever
Stay beta
>>
>>15543192
are you actually blind?
replies in braille will be accepted.
>>
>>15541953
teaching my gf to drive and i do this. only cause she only thinks in absolutes.
to her there are no such thing as accellerating/decellerating, its either going or nto going. which means she guns it to get up to speed and slams the brakes late when she needs to stop, so ive caught myself using the imaginary passenger brake
>>
>>15545351
Is your gf 14?
>>
>drivan with dad onna highway
>lower top
>complaints are now inaudible
>>
>>15541470

>transmission designed to take 100 if not hundreds of horsepower pulsing through it when full throttle
>can't handle rev-match downshifting and engine braking

ok kid
>>
>>15541470
If you think you shouldn't be downshifting to avoid the need to replace transmission parts (as with anyone else ITT citing "brake pads are cheaper than _____") you should stick to driving an auto. You'll even get to keep the feeling if a freewheeling transmission off throttle!
>>
>>15540143
>Are your parents the same?
no but then again I'm not a bad driver.
>>
>>15543841
Holy shit this
>driving down some side street looking for a friend's house
>gf screams from the passenger seat
>slam on brakes thinking some kid I didn't see is running in front of me
>there's just a fucking spider in the car
>>
>>15545351
This sounds like two of my classmates. Like shit, it's as if for them the pedals are an on/off switch, no in between.
>>
>>15542375
Who's this qt patootie?
>>
My dad isn't bad but gives me shit for not "using the available road". For instance, if you're going around a right turn, let your tire go closer/touching the right side line, and same for left. "Smoother driving". Also, when making turns at intersections, if no traffic is present/approaching in the oncoming lane, he's fine with touching the double yellow.

My mother is a control freak and the complete opposite about being exactly centered, super aggressive braking distances, and then doing shit like >>15542651 and >>15540160
despite me driving as or less aggressively than she does. She realizes this and rarely asks to be a passenger in my car.

Both have a shitload of driving experience on me (my dad has done about 4 hours of driving a day almost every work day for the past twenty years. I'm a decent driver (I'd put myself at above average, I don't fuck around with my phone while driving, I mind my lane discipline, I use indicators properly, I pass left and stay right on highways, etc.) but I would readily admit both of my parents are better.

My older brother is actually worse than either of my parents. He's not a horrible driver, but he's a fucking horrible backseat driver (when he used to speed like mad, but he moved to NYC and basically forgot what driving is like outside of gridlock). Not only that but he'll fuck around and just unplug key shit in my car (recently breaking the cord to my dashcam) and just change the music to shit I don't like from his phone - even though this interrupts my navigation and radar detector audio from being audible through the stereo. I had to pull over recently and tell him I wasn't moving the car until he stopped switching to his iPhone for the stereo.
>>
>>15545351
I do that when light goes green or at a stop sign because i like the of the car and i love it when the car kicks up from the front... but other wise im a calm driver... unless somebody drives like a dumbass infront of me i fucking gun it
>>
>>15540282
In the islamic state of Francistan it's a 5kph margin. Our great leaders wanted to make it 3kph some time ago, but got so much shit for proposing it they left it at 5kph.

>mfw getting a ticket for doing 133 when the speed limit is 130
>i have no face for this
>>
>>15540143
>Driving out to an event
>Pick Dad up along the way
>Two hours on the highway
>~70mph limit
>Sitting at speed limit
>"Your car can go faster than this, don't be a girl."
>End up cruising the whole way at 110mph
Also ended up handing me a beer midway. Legal to be drinking while driving if you're not drunk.
>>
File: nam flashbak.png (131KB, 709x628px) Image search: [Google]
nam flashbak.png
131KB, 709x628px
>Every time i drive with my mom
>she says "OH LOOK" and puts her hand across me to point at shit
>and make noises every time i take a sharp turn
>like breathing in through the teeth witch is also distracting
>>
File: 1272204070919.png (129KB, 357x322px) Image search: [Google]
1272204070919.png
129KB, 357x322px
>>15543841
Holy HELL. This.

>driving along
>car hits brakes 1/4 mile down the road
>*GASP*
>suddenly alert and my heart skips a beat thinking I'm about to smash into something

No it's just her reacting to the brake lights. I look over and I see her foot going for the nonexistent brake pedal.
>>
>>15545681
It's an unnecessary thing that produces an unnecessary and very easily avoidable wear.

>15545715
>you should stick to driving an auto
Bait harder. I'm not going to give you a (You)
>>
File: rage[1].jpg (156KB, 340x444px) Image search: [Google]
rage[1].jpg
156KB, 340x444px
>>15545794
Fuck these things so much. Got caught by one a couple of days ago driving through a shithole in the middle of bumfuck-nowhere
>town exit sign visible ahead
>straight stretch of road, good visibility, no other cars around except for a semi truck in front of me
>uphill ahead
>fuck it, not staying behind the truck any more than needed.
>start accelerating
>flash of light from behind
>Motherfucking unannounced speed cam on the left side of the road (supposed to catch people entering town) hidden by a bush

At this point it's a 50/50 between a brainfart flash which shouldn't go through or they recently upgraded it to control both directions. The latter would make for a nice shekel pump.
>>
>>15545794
The speed cameras here in Spain also have a 5 km/h margin. Add to that the margin your car comes with, which is usually between 5 and 10 km/h, and you usually get a 10 km/h margin.
If the speed limit is 100 and I was caught with 101, my speedometer would have marked 111 km/h, 5 from the speed camera and 5 from my car and most cars out there.
>>
I literally refuse to drive my mother if I can get out of it. I only drive her if it's an emergency or no one else can. The backseat driving she does makes me want to spin the steering wheel to left lock while driving on the highway
>>
>>15540282
In the US speed cameras aren't particularly common. They do exist, but the margins are pretty healthy - usually the margin would be closer to 16 kph (10mph) for them going off.

The US highly rejects automated enforcement for the most part. Red light cameras have found their ways to a lot of cities (not without controversy) but outside a few areas speed cameras are not common at all.

The most common type of speed camera people would pass through would be a toll booth camera, and those are calibrated at crazy speeds above the posted limit. When I go through E-Zpass booths (electronic tolling) and they are old converted manned booths they have low speed limits - typically either 5mph (8kph) or 15mph (24 kph). When I go through those I do 20mph in the 5mph limit (32kph in 8kph zone) and (48kph in a 24kph zone) and people are sometimes right up my ass wanting to go through the toll faster. They know that if they absolutely strictly enforced the speed limit that people would flip shit and it would cause a greater buildup of traffic.

For the same reason, tolling groups in states won't give police law enforcement the data on toll reads for average speed (pass toll A at one time, pass toll B too soon and they know your average speed was above the limit): they know that if they started doing that everyone would stop using electronic tolling altogether.
>>
File: 1304287883951.png (5KB, 170x236px) Image search: [Google]
1304287883951.png
5KB, 170x236px
>driving with parents on the highway
>speed limit is 120 km/h
>as soon as i reach the speed limit
>"hey anon dont you think you are going too fast slow down"
every fucking time.
>>
>mum yells at me for going too fast, too close to other cars etc while I'm driving normally
>did the same when driving with my dad who's a bus driver
>dad only complains that I have my windows down all the time, even in winter
>>
>>15545874
>having your windows down all the time
>>
>>15541548
>caring this much what mommy thinks
>>
>>15540201
>>your sister bought a prius, why don't you get something like that?

REEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1335244226152.jpg (8KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1335244226152.jpg
8KB, 251x251px
>Few years ago, got a speeding ticket from cop
>Was fresh out of high school and was tired from working the night shift
>Nothing much, 15 over the limit because I though it was 60 and not 45 (little area right near the interstrate)
>Mom finds out and completely tears me a new asshole, says I'm the worst driver ever
>Meanwhile, she has gotten into a couple minor accidents and such
>Still known as worst driver in house
>Brother, who is older, gets a speeding ticket for 30 over the limit, goes to court over it
>I'm still known as the worst driver/speed demon
>Nothing has happened to me since that ticket, when my brother got in 3 accidents and multiple speeding tickets.
I just don't get it.
>>
>>15545891
She doesn't love you.
>>
>>15542428
>Always Staying around peak torque
I can't do that, because that's around 2k RPM for me and I mostly drive at 1-1.5k RPM
>>
>dad is a fucking highway cop
>basically a grown-up boiracer with an Audi RS3
>esp turned off every time
>sick drive 40-50 kph out of the limit
>never complains about my drive
feels good
>>
>>15540149
Confirmed. Batman.
>>
I rarely drive with my parents but when I do:

mother
>you're going way too fast
>slow down
>you're turn with excessive speed
>don't brake so late
>one of these days you're gonna get pulled over or worse

father
>says absolutely nothing

As for friends/gfs, they think I'm too impatient and genuinely believe one of these days I'll die in a car crash from going too fast.
It's not unusual for me to do double the speed on streets I already know.
On the highway I'm not that aggressive, but I always do 150/170.

Never been pulled over in my life, tho.
>>
>>15545942
Nissan primera P12 here. My peak torque is also at 2k rpm, but driving at 1k is suicide unless you always drive in 1st or 2nd gear. What car do you have that allows you to drive at 1-1.5k?
>>
>>15546030
You usually cruise at 1000/1500rpm on a diesel, so that might be it.
>>
>>15546028
>>you're going way too fast
>in a fucking fiat

wew
>>
>>15546036
Mang, it doesn't go sanic fast but it's decently quick and hauls its ass fine. Believe me.
>>
>>15546030
9-5 Aero.
Unlike most cars I've driven the 9-5 is not having a problem driving on low RPM.
Other cars I've driven was having a fit at those RPM, needing to rev to 2.5k+ RPM just to change gear so it didn't shake the engine.

Mine isn't lugging unless I am at 900-1200RPM and try to go WOT, which is both stupid and bad for the engine.

>>15546035
It's a petrol engine.

It also helps that I don't really have many stop signs and I plan way ahead of me so if someone 400-500 meters ahead of me stops at a red light, I just lower a gear and cruize, lower a gear, rinse repeat, didn't even have to brake or ride the clutch, people behind me that can't drive ride my tail, brake, come close, brake, instead of just cruising along.

They don't get there faster, it's red up ahead and by the time it's green me and those impatient behind me are still rolling, not needing to accelerate from a dead stop.
>>
>>15545835
Fun fact, in California it is actually illegal to cite a driver for speeding based on their average speed between two points. Laws are fucking weird here.
>>
>>15540170
Fucking this.

I apply the brake in plenty of time, slowly bringing the car down to a stop. You throw a fit because I ease on the brake so much that you don't even notice it until we're stopped since the change in G-force is negligible. I've been driving for 15 years and have yet to have had so much as a scratch on any of my vehicles, that's far more than anyone else in my family can say.

I've just told them if they mouth off about my driving, I'm pulling over and they can call a cab. I've only done it once, but it didn't seem to have an effect.
>>
>>15546107
>Late braking and full throttle just to get up to 30
Why do people do this?
I've only had my license for 2 years and it's depressing to know that people that can't plan ahead for shit are sharing the road with me.
>>
>>15546119
>Why do people do this?
It gets frustrating when you're in traffic, always crawling in first gear or clutching it the whole time.
So sometimes I do that. I go WOT if I have enough space to atleast get the 2nd in.
>>
>>15541274
> 140kmh highway
jesus what country are you from? The maximum limit here is 110
>>
>>15546119
Dem milliseconds count, son.
I have no idea, anon. I know I've done it a few times, but most of the time I just press the clutch and let the car go with the inertia it has.

>>15546134
Not him, but it's 130 in France, or at least in the toll roads I've driven in which are from France. I think Italy is the same.
>>
>>15541447
> this much projecting
>>
>>15546134
he must be doing ten over
in yurop highway limits is 130 for most part
>>
>>15546153
130/120 usually. Some countries are 110 and 140, too.
>>
File: 2012-09-28-a-close-shave[1].jpg (55KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
2012-09-28-a-close-shave[1].jpg
55KB, 700x600px
>>15540143
My father thinks I'm a great driver. He is legitimately impressed whenever I drive with him. Calls my driving style "confident and smooth". He said that sometimes I should be a little more aggressive in traffic. I'm guessing he's right.

My mother drives like a grandma. She is just like you described
>anon do you have to drive this fast?
>oh my god, why are you braking so late anon
>watch theres a car in your blind spot! dont change lanes!
>careful theres someone coming to the street crossing

I know, I know. Jesus, fuck, mom. I know.
>>
>>15541236
>>15540910
>>15540170
>Yea but thats normal thats what its there for

You cant be this fucking stupid
>>
>>15541236
I don't think you know what the ABS feels like when it kicks in.
Either that or you do emergency brakes every traffic light lol.
>>
>>15543936
The dealer probably convinces them to buy the top trim because of the higher profit margins.

Usually the top trim will have leather seats, and that's enough to make a sale to people with a lot of money.
>>
>>15540143
My dad wants me to drive manual his way.

I don't want to wait at lights with the car in 1st and the clutch in. It's tiring and my friends say it's bad for the clutch
>>
>>15546487
Well done, anon. Use the brakes, not the clutch. Same thing for engine braking: avoid it if you can.
>>
>>15546508
>Same thing for engine braking: avoid it if you can

Whoops. I thought it was better to do that than regular breaking for some reason.
>>
>not rippin a fat fucking skid and tellin them its their fault they raised such a sickk cunt
>>
>>15546552
We should probably take notes from Australia here.
>>
>>15546536
Only if you're coming to a full stop. Engine braking is better than braking when going to an offramp for example.
>>
>>15546603
Why is it better?
>>
>>15546634
Saves your brakes (high speed higher wear) and keeps your forward momentum. Obviously if you're coming to a stop you don't want that last bit so then you use your brakes.
>>
>>15546647
>Saves your brakes (high speed higher wear)
That's fucking retarded. Brakes are not made to last forever and are expected to be replaced as soon as they lose performance since they have such a vital job, so go ahead and use them. Unless you go crazy, like the anon who posted earlier, and trigger the ABS while casually driving in town, your brakes will be fine.
>>
>>15546686

> use brakes more than nessecary
> brakes wear down faster than nessecary

It's not hard to understand

+ engines made after the new millunium, and many before, conserve gas when engine braking.

Also, if you do that shit you suggest while driving mountain roads, your brakes are gonna overheat and you are probably going to die
>>
>>15540143
Just drive like a granny
over 2k RPM is a no go
short shift like hell
go slower than the speed limit
and triple check every time you merge in

Its much better to them think you are captain slow than the SPEED SPEED BOY you wish you were
>>
>>15546163
>>15546153
>>15546134
>>15541274
>not living in germany
why are you even driving ?
>>
>>15546744
>while driving mountain roads
Now we're talking about engine brakes. That's completely different from going down an offramp, though.
Your logic is not hard to understand, it's just useless in most situations since we would always have to engine brake in order to maintain our brakes, and that is obviously not what is happening in America or in any other country. People brake and only retards who slam their brakes way too often because they like to go fast and can't predict traffic flow have accidents because of their brakes, not normal people.
>>
>>15546775

How to exit a highway engine braking style

> 1/4-1/6 mile before exit
> get into inner lane
> let go of gas
> speed app the same of 18wheeler by the time you hit offramp
> maybe use brakes a little to ccontrol momentum
> coast in fifth gear until you hit app 40-45 mph
> brake normally

This kind of technique saves your brakes, conserves gasoline and only cost you maybe 10 seconds of travelling time
I don't recommend going through gears to engine brake, you don't have to to take off 50mph of sped if you plan a little ahead and use the brakes a little bit
>>
>>15546823
That's how I do it on pretty much every highway exit. The really fun ones are exits that have ascending ramps because you get to calculate what speed you need to exit the highway at in order to stop exactly at the yield sign without using the brakes.
>>
>>15541065
for some reason i bet your mom is hot
>>
>stop accelerating, there's a red light ahead you're just wasting gas!
>foot literally off gas hovering over the brake while I coast towards the light
>>
>>15546850
I was thinkin' the same thing.
>>
>>15546850
>>15546970
She used to be hot, but now she's fat and runs a Tumblr blog on "queer fandoms" for shows like The Walking Dead, The 100, and Arrow.
>>
File: 1465591919566.jpg (8KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
1465591919566.jpg
8KB, 255x220px
>>15541681
>You'll get better mileage if you brake sooner and more gently
>>
Not for me, my mom just tries to brake when in she's sitting shotgun.

Dad told me this "You have your licence, if I tell you how to drive just park the car and kick me out, hated it when my mom did that"
>>
>>15547000
tragic
>>
>>15540170
Unless you have somewhere to be fucking yesterday, there's no reason to be slamming the brakes at every stop. That shit is autistic as fuck. What happens when your brakes fail or you need to stop even sooner? It's clear you don't live in a city.

Apes like you shouldn't be driving. Driving grandma to whole foods doesn't require hooning to every stop. Drive like the situation requires or get the fuck off the road.
>>
>>15541636
This, my mom was just like all the stories in this thread. Got my permit at 15, she wanted to do parent-taught. I hated driving with her so I just rarely did. Just gave up and took a saturday driver's ed course when I turned 18 and took the test anyway. Passed well enough, and on a manual at that.

Once I was able to drive by myself I was so much more comfortable practicing. If I could have driven by myself with my permit I would have had my license at 16. I'm just more of a teach-myself-hands-on kind of guy.
>>
>>15540143
If you're driving someone else who is a loved one or a paying client, you're a chauffeur. Drive in a manner that does not upset them.
>>
My dad keeps bitching because he claims I'm not steering "correctly" but really what he's saying is I don't hold the steering the way he does it and he fucking hates that. Asshole.
>>
>>15546647
brake pads are much easier and cheaper to replace than a clutch. Engine braking is retarded unless your brakes go out. And please don't tell me you mean coasting when you say engine braking.
>>
my mom is constantly speeding up then braking then speeding up then braking on the freeway
>>
>>15547588
You don't understand, there's only the speed up button and the slow down button and if you're not holding either you just slow down anyways! The only option is to balance both.
>>
>>15541681
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1468079321484.jpg (39KB, 429x186px) Image search: [Google]
1468079321484.jpg
39KB, 429x186px
>>15540265
>Driving along
>Sign says speed limit is 45 mph
>Want to know speed, so look down at tach
>Says im only going about 2
>Wut? Better speed up I guess
>Read fine print on tach
>I'm actually going about 2,000
>Holyshit.jpg
>Slam on brakes
>Die in a fiery accident
>Mfw
>>
>>15547731
>2016 years after the birth of the Christ
>Not converting tach reading to speed using gear ratios and wheel size
>>
>>15540149
thank you for your service
>>
>>15540422
good post Dad, dinner will be ready in 30
>>
>>15541065
>>he'd sometimes throw half-drank starbucks cups into the open windows of people she didn't like
I know this dude named bill, he's my dads friend, he drives a dodge ram with a large grille guard. Not one with lights or whatever, just a solid grate, frame mounted metal. Kinda like those cop guards except with side pieces to protect his lights.

My dad told me that once someone overtook him then threw a half full timmies cup at his car, so bill just floored the pedal and hit the guy. My dad said that the guys truck was crushed, but bills truck was OK. The guard was a little bent after that, but it hit from that part that curves down under to the frame.

Bill then just drove away, while the guy pulled over. It was some lone road in north Ontario so it must have been pretty easy to get away with no witnesses.
>>
>>15545351
You should get one of those pedals in the passenger well that driving instructors have.Your GF sounds retarded.
>>
File: Who_needs_two.jpg (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Who_needs_two.jpg
89KB, 600x450px
>>15540265
>>15540274
>>15540282
>>15541583
>>15541612
>>15547731
>>15547763
>80 years after 1930
>motherfuckers still don't understand.
>MG Understands.
>>
>be me
>be learning to drive with mum
>come off the clutch 0.000000000000000001% too quickly
>accidentally do the tiniest chirp of the tyres on a patch of gravel
>mum laughs
>I laugh awkwardly
>????
>profit

>be me
>be driving with mum
>corner coming up, she says slow down
>slow down a bit
>see some gravel in the corner as I start turning
>back end hits the gravel and the car starts to rotate a little
>cue awkward laughter
>????
>so_that's_what_that_feels_like.wav
>>
>>15547848
So are these just manchildren competing to be the biggest asshole or what?
>>
is it just me or cars handle worse with the windows down? feels like my car starts screeching sooner with the windows down
>>
>>15548602
...Maybe you just hear the screech sooner since you have less things obstructing your hearing?
>>
>>15548616
makes sense, but im 100% sure there's this turn it doesnt start screeching until 100 with the windows up whereas it screeches like mad at 90 with the windows down
>>
>>15540143
Drive according to the circumstances. If you're with your parents there's no need to waste fuel at high RPM, just makes you a bad driver.
>>
[blogpost]

When I got my first car (1989 chevy cavalier coupe) I drove like a madman. It was fun as hell for having something like 90hp. I got yelled at for speeding and ignoring stop signs a lot.

Fast forward, my mom and I would commute to work together 5 days a week, and we'd take turns driving. She learned to trust my driving ability by seeing my reaction times, spacial awareness, and control in real time every single day. I drive my dad around sometimes nowadays, and he's fine with me speeding and thinks my car is fun. My sister still thinks I drive like an idiot, we were at a family function telling driving stories, and she proceeded to try and shit on me for some reason. I didn't really care, but both my parents jumped on her and told her compared to me she shouldn't even be let near a car. That feels pretty good.

[/blogpost]
>>
>>15540170
My mother does these when I'm 1000 feet away and am already on the break before she even starts to gasp at the fact that yes, cars in front of us are slowing down
>>
>>15545891
Black sheep of the family.
>>
>be me
>own jeep
>dad laughs and tells me to have fun
>I go mudding and come back home with it filthy
>he flips the fuck out, telling me I'm devaluing the car and it's not meant to be treated so rough

If I didn't want to go offroading, why the fuck would I buy a jeep dad??
>>
File: 1457726663921.jpg (22KB, 429x451px) Image search: [Google]
1457726663921.jpg
22KB, 429x451px
>>15540149
You ain't missing nothing nigger. My mom rapes me everyday.
>>
>>15548897
Is she hot?
>>
>>15548167
Who cares? Don't throw shit at white trucks, and they won't use their larger mass against you.

Besides, that's funny as shit. And bill's a cool dude.

I was once in the back seat when we where coming back from a hunting trip, some guy is honking and shit at bill cos for some reason the highway didn't allow you to over take by going into the oncoming as these highways usually have. Anyway, the guy want's bill to go faster but bill is only going 10 over cos he's got a big ass boat behind him.

Bill flips the guy off, and the dude illegally goes into oncoming, and stops in front of bill and gets out with a tire iron, swearing and shit.

Bill has a gun rack behind him (cos Canadian storage laws) and grabs his Winchester 30-30, and gets out of his truck. The other guy just drops the iron and drives away. Bill keeps that tire iron in his new truck. Also a dodge ram.

Bills like 70, but he's cool. We where coming back from a fishing trip and there where old cars driving against us, cos there was an auto show. Bill was naming them as they drove by, he said:
>"That's an old cougar"
And i said:
>"I wouldn't want a young cougar."

And he just turns around and nods. My dad didn't get it.
>>
>>15548872
>abuse the shit out of a car that isn't yours
>wonder why the owner is pissed
>>
File: 1458079009349.jpg (140KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1458079009349.jpg
140KB, 1000x750px
>>15548910
Emotionally, you demented fool.
>>
>>15548924
>emotional rape
Haha what the fuck you pussy
>>
>>15543192
He meant the line between the two lanes before you get into the highway. You painted it as a solid continuous line which if I'm not mistaken is slang for 'Dont overtake here you fookin mong'
>>
>>15540143
My mother drives fairly normally, hates slowfags and REEEEs at "women drivers". It's quite entertaining. She also taught herself to drive stick, because no one would.
>>
>>15548913
Except for the fact he said he bought it not his dad you stupid cunt.
>>
>>15548924
>my mom rapes me emotionally
>>
>>15540143
Tbh no one talks shit to me
>>
>>15545734
Bugs in cars cause some crazy accidents.
>driving 3hrs with toddler daughter from mother's to home
>about to freeway
>Dad there's a big spider
>eyes on road "inside the car or outside?"
>outside
>hand-sized huntsman with blue spots clinging to daughter's window
that kid is ten now, nothing ever scared her, no rollercoaster is enough for her.
best passenger ever.
>>
>>15540325
> Being driven around by your parents in your car.

>letting another man drive you in your car

beta/10
>>
>>15540330
My mom is actually a pretty competent driver.

The other women who have driven me, not so much.
>>
>>15541274
I did 130km/h in my 96 Suburban on one of the best roads in northern Norway once.
It was scary.

Then again, I have about 3 times more play in my steering wheel than is allowed.
And the Suburban is terrible at speeds above 110km/h.
>>
>>15540143
Maybe if you'd learn how to drive your dad wouldn't bitch at you to stop fucking up your car. Did you ever think of that, kiddo?

Aren't you a little young to be posting here?
>>
File: o goes to a racetrack.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
o goes to a racetrack.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>mum is a sensible driver that loves Formula 1 racing but usually always ends up doing 90 on the 70mph motorways
>dad is a speed freak with a a love for classic cars (owns a Triumph TR6), been around Europe to famous racecourses
>brother is a boy racer that works for Audi as a mechanic so knows his shit when fixing our cars
I think I got lucky with my family
>>
File: P_20160217_134231.jpg (2MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20160217_134231.jpg
2MB, 4096x2304px
>>15540143
Quite the opposite for my dad and I. I'm freaking out because of his old man habits while he's driving and he doesn't care at all when I drive.
>>
File: 1388438151512.gif (243KB, 204x198px) Image search: [Google]
1388438151512.gif
243KB, 204x198px
>>15548143
Did you smash?
>>
>>15540143
>driving with your parents
sup underage
>>
>>15540143
>not having parents that will brap at every opportunity

one of my favorite childhood memories
>going to the grocery store with mom
>in light blue mk1 golf cabrio
>tt exhaust and soupcan muffler
>cue ricer civic
>le loud shitbox
>mom revvs as light changes
>green
>defaning roar causes ricerboi to jump in his seat

My mom called it 'the voice of god'. Too bad it had to get scrapped because frame rot.
>>
>>15540182
Dagumi road trip skills
>>
>>15541068
I would consider moving out asap.
Fuck that's awful.
I am thankful that my family is not car-retarded.
>>
>>15541065
I love how most merc audi and bmw drivers think that if there was a luxury lane, they'd be allowed in it. Coming from a former bmw and current audi owner.
>>
>>15540201
stop saying lemon
>>
>>15546030
I have a 13 gli and 1.5k is optimal
>>
>>15540143
No, I'm an adult and I drive like one.
>>
>>15551835
DEJA VU

>>15551835
>tfw dad did one engine swap and got a few speeding tickets and discourages me from doing anything because he thinks it wasn't worth it
>>
rainbowranger where are you? we need your stories!
>>
>driving my mother somewhere one time
>traffic kinda heavy
>shit comes to a stop all of a sudden , have to get on the brakes hard
>mom freaks out about me slamming on the brakes

Would you have preferred that I rearended the guy in front of me you fucking dumbass?
>>
>>15553078
>DEJA VU
>calling deja vu an understeer corner
>>
>driving on the autobahn
>ThatGermanGuy don't drive this fast!
>barely doing 160
>she always speeds
>tell her to stop being hypocritical
>Put yourself in my Position! I'm scared because i don't have control over the car!
>tell her i never complain about her driving when i'm the passenger
>silence
>20 minutes later
>ThatGermanGuy don't drive this fast!
>barely doing 160
>...
friends over family, every single time.
>>
>be me
>be driving mom in dads car
>i hate my mom
>driving through a busy city
>8:30 pm but traffic is fucked up
>greenlight
>pick up ahead of me has to stop in the middle of the intersection because there is not enough room
>i decide to play it smart and when there is a lot of traffic stay put even when its green until i can be sure that i can cross the intersection
>mom is yelling at me to go, there is enough space for me, there will be more room before the light goes red
>pickup cant move
>light goes red
>was so fucking mad that instead of a smug trump face i just raged at her for her bullshit
>>
>>15541065
>Meet new friend
>Riding in his car for the first time
>He has a paintball gun in the back seat
>Ask him what it's for
>"Emergencies"

>4-5 years later
>Friend overtakes someone who is moving slow
>They move into the lane next to us, speed up, then throw a half-empty can of soda at his car
>Friend asks for his paintball gun, I retrieve it
>He rolls down his window and unloads about 150 rounds into the car interior
>Car starts swerving all over the road and takes the next exit
>Haven't had to use the paintball gun again so far
>>
>>15553191
>JUST GO THERE WILL BE ENOUGH ROOM WHEN YOU GET THERE

this kind of assuming always plucks the frayed twine that tethers my rage when Im driving. People like her throw out the "what if" and just fucking do utterly stupid and dangerous shit while thinking they're in the right.

I hope your mum at least thought that what she would of done if she was driving was retarded for at least a minute or two.
>>
File: 1449105755605.png (525KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1449105755605.png
525KB, 1106x1012px
I have the opposite problem, driving with my 67 year old dad is starting to get terrifying.
>>
>>15553254
She didn't. She got proven wrong and shutted her fucking whore mouth but i sure as fuck dont like driving with her.

She is *that* kind of woman that likes to bitch about everything and never shuts the fuck up.
>>
>>15540143
Sorry you have boring parents. My mom loves the sound my car makes and my dad was thoroughly impressed with the performance.
>>
File: CnhLkb3WgAE69pW.jpg large.jpg (43KB, 504x718px) Image search: [Google]
CnhLkb3WgAE69pW.jpg large.jpg
43KB, 504x718px
Mother always complains taking turns to fast or to sharp. Ok, she genuinely gets sick from that, no problem. She never complains besides that, herself a rather calm driver. However, we still manage to get into heated debates for some reason...

>>15553165
Das reminds me
>got a 320d e90
>N47 177ps
>mother is only used to my old Jetta V 102ps or my fathers C180 wagon with 130something
So first time in the new BMW, stop at a parking lot, get out, "time to switch seats". Explain her how an automatic gear works, "LEFT FOOT TO THE LEFT, DON'T MOVE IT, right foot on break, selector on P to be able to start the car" etc.
>Zeit for Autobahn
>"How fast does it go? 260 like the tach says?"
>"Dunno, doubt i-"
>Mother changes to the left lane, goes full kickdown
>reaches 220km/h
>"That's enough, what a nice car, automatic is lovely"
>tfw mother drove the car over 200km/h before I or my father did it
I only have to blame myself.
She still compliments the car and already took it for two rides. Good thing I choose to co-insure my parents as well.
>>
>>15553495
>177ps
>ps

speak english
>>
>>15553796
horse phucker.
>>
>>15552209
Nah, was only going 25-30km/h at the most.
>>
>>15546140
>>15546153
>>15551587
This sounds fast until you remember that's 85mph
>>
>>15541766
>low
>>
>>15540143
reading this thread
>>
>be learning
>mum can i drive to my friends house
>"Ugh I SUPPOSE, but do you have too?"
>"n-no if its too much trouble ill catch the train"
>"No, its fine, ive already said yes."
>friend lives in the hills, somewhat hard to get too
>It is night time
>I was a fairly confident driver despite being a learner
>Begin driving
>Mum starts telling me that she didnt want to let me drive
>Why not mum?
>"because i wanted to smoke a joint, and this is throwing my addiction out of balance."
>Say nothing, because i always say nothing unless i have something nice to say
>get into hills
>been driving fine
>having trouble finding friends street
>mum is getting more and more annoyed and angry
>Yall know how this feels when youre a kid and youre driving, it feels shit
>Miss one street, because i didnt know i had to turn and it was dark
>ANON YOU MISSED THE STREET JUST STOP AND GET OUT AND LET ME DRIVE
>stop, get out, let mum drive
>go to friends house extremely salty
>>
File: 1438134520121.gif (653KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1438134520121.gif
653KB, 500x500px
>>15540143

Be thankful your parents are still alive you ungrateful little shit.

There will come a day when they won't be.
>>
>>15556016
>implying there is no reason at all to ever dislike/hate your family
>>
>>15543778
They had both paid for the vehicles and since my mom liked the charger better she kept it. Plus the challenger had been hot roded by some kid and she didn't know enough to unfuck it.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.