[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dash cams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 28

File: 09_08_2014_dashcam_main.jpg.jpg (114KB, 960x565px) Image search: [Google]
09_08_2014_dashcam_main.jpg.jpg
114KB, 960x565px
Does /o/ have a dash cam?

What do you have? Ever catch any car accidents or anything?

I caught a fat woman trying to break into a car in front of my work today while my car was parked. Gave me a nice chuckle
>>
File: dashcam12.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dashcam12.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I'll post the fat woman screen shots if interest

I have a carway F30
>>
>>15523000
bump
>>
File: dashcam13.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dashcam13.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
the audio outside the car is pretty good on this one too. It also has a setting to only record motion instead of constant (so it'll turn off when you park in the garage) which i like, saves space on the micro sd
>>
File: dashcam14.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dashcam14.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: screenshot1dashcam.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot1dashcam.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: dindu1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dindu1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Heres the fat nigger who was trying to break into the car she parked next to

>shes in the black grand am (took her 4 tires to back that pos car up)

I blurred out the building name because i work there
>>
File: dindu2.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dindu2.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
gets out, pulling up her pants
>>
File: dindu3.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dindu3.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>tries to open the drivers side door of the chevy
>>
File: dindu4.png>.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dindu4.png>.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
then just walks inside the building

>dat ass doe
>>
Have a gw1c for 8 months so far with a Samsung 32 card and it's been great, check it every month or so and it's still recording. For me it's about proving someone else is trying insurance fraud.
>>
I bought a BlackVue DR650GW-1CH a little while ago, but I haven't got a chance to use it yet.

I got a bullshit ticket last year and I'm hoping this might save me from that happening again.
>>
>>15523000
Mobius
O
B
I
U
S
>>
Whats the cheapest I could get that could last till I can get a better one?
>>
I have the SG9665GC v2 with a polarized lens cover. Total cost about $250 (credit card company refunded me most of that by chance). I think as far as small package easy install dashcams it's pretty much the best you can do. That said A-118 capacitor version is a much more bang/buck starter and the G-1WC represents ultimate value.
>>
>>15523051
>Heres the fat nigger who was trying to break into the car she parked next to

It's called "Crime of Opportunity" when the BLMer parks somewhere due to personal business. The BLMer walks by a car and sees something good inside, so they try the doors.

>then just walks inside the building
If they can't conveniently get into the car, they head off to the building to finish their personal business.

There's a variation of this trick. Some kids will sort of pretend to play hoops, skateboard, whatever, near a place with stop-and-go parking spots (those 10 minute or less spots). That can be a shop, apartment, post office, library, food store, ATM, coffee shop, etc. People may leave their door unlocked while they dash in to pick up a food order, use the ATM, get a repaired product, or drop off library books. The kid then dashes over to see if the driver door is locked. If open, grabs loot and runs off. The pretense at playing hoops was to allow them the ability to be in that general area.

Someone tried that to me (lift door handle), but they got caught by the police. I had a silent pager car alarm because the factory alarm is too basic. My 3rd party alarm sensed broken windows, door handle pulls, and had interior scan. I kept walking as if I didn't know and called the police. They were there fast and I came back to ID the person.

Car alarms that page you when someone lifts your door handle are great.
>>
>>15523282
>Car alarms that page you when someone lifts your door handle are great.

Thats not stock right?

Capcha /o/ related for once
>>
>>15523282
How much will a system like this run you?
>>
File: Use Enough Speakers.jpg (64KB, 637x478px) Image search: [Google]
Use Enough Speakers.jpg
64KB, 637x478px
>>15523340
>Thats not stock right?

Not in my GM car. I went to a car audio shop named "Car Toys" in the greater Seattle area to get it installed. Car audio shops typically do a lot more than car audio and will also have other mobile solutions such as cell phone services. Car Toys is good enough to do custom car audio for IASCA audio competitions. If you need your DIN or double-DIN to fit your dash, they can do fiberglass remakes of part of your dash so that your other controls are retained (but in new positions). They do stealth too where the factory stereo front is a shell that flips down to reveal the real gear. If you have the money, they can do it. It's not like some other shops where you have the money, but they are still unable to do it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoys

Back when I got my alarm, they had various demonstration boards set up for various car alarms. All the alarm sensors are mounted up and you can open the little door, tap on the glass, raise the door handle, move your hand near the ultrasonic sensors or IR scanner. The lights or pager will then signal.

The 3rd party alarm can also have its own backup battery but the salesman told me not to buy it since that was really for old cars with wide open spaces. New cars don't have enough room for them to go up under the car to cut the battery line.

Since most cars now have factory alarms that sense door openings, car prowlers just break the windows instead of picking the lock. Then they'll chop out your pillar and seat airbags and sell them off. They're pretty bold and can chop open and unbolt units from your seat fast. In parking garages, they break the window on opposite side of the driving direction, so cars passing by usually don't even realize the car was broken into because drivers are too busy looking forward for a parking space.
>>
ITT snitches
>>
File: dashcamscreenshot4.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dashcamscreenshot4.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>15523512
ITT- People who don't want to get fucked by insurance or maybe make $300 selling a car accident video to the local news

I live in detroit. I don't snitch on anyone, Do you think i turned this bitch in?
>>15523064

No
>>
>>15523354
>How much will a system like this run you?
It varies a lot depending on what you do and get. Are you installing it yourself? Or are you having them do the full installation and warranty it? Are you combining it with anything else such as an audio system? Do they have to take apart the dash just to install that blinking light you demanded? Etc. Go to the Car Toys site and take a look. The store is better equipped to give you pricing since they have to look at your car to estimate the installation time.

http://www.cartoys.com/installation

I got the Viper system with glass break sensor.

My previous two new cars had their audio and alarm from Car Toys. My new 2016 car I have not gotten an alarm yet. So I will find out the cost soon. This will the the 3rd new car I have taken to Car Toys so I guess I am a longtime satisfied customer. They cost more though and are probably not what /o/ wants. /o/ wants $80 handbags and not $400 ones.

You can get do-it-yourself glass breakage alarm systems for under $100. It's only when you want a computerized alarm making decisions that the hardware gets expensive. For example, simply systems may sound off if the weather gets cold. The water vapor can freeze and and if it gets thick enough start to make a cracking sound as it refreezes after stress cracking. That can set off cheap glass alarms or sensors placed in the wrong locations. Or so I was warned at Car Toys when I asked about snow and ice effects on glass breakage sensors if I moved to an ice zone. You have to be an intelligent owner and think of these situations ahead of time to ask. This prevents surprises later.

I was a difficult customer. I said I want BOTH my original car remotes and alarm remotes to work without triggering the alarm. Yes, with alarm armed, using the car key to open the door or trunk gives me 30 seconds to put the key into the ignition. But if I use the OEM car fob to open the car, the alarm is not triggered.
>>
File: Trunk_Space_Saved.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Trunk_Space_Saved.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>15523704
*continued*

So, before you buy an alarm, be sure you can still use your OEM remotes. In a lot of DIY, you end up using only the alarm remote first to disarm the alarm. Then you switch to using the OEM remote to open the car and make sure the Factory IMMOBILIZER is not triggered.

Yes, you have to worry about the damn Immobilizer in a DIY for modern cars after 2004 or so. In some cars, the way around the immobilizer is with some digital signal sent from the ignition module in the steering column. But of course Car Toys knows that, but do you know how to deal with that?

If you don't know how, then you're stuck using two remotes. First the alarm remote to disarm. Then use your OEM remote normally as you did before getting the alarm.

In my case, I wanted seamless transparency. I can use the alarm remote to open car doors or trunk (and of course the alarm is disarmed). But I also wanted to be able to use my original remotes as well since the weird security key and immobilizer chip is on it. Thus, it is most convenient if I can simply come up to my car, use the OEM remote which opens the door but also disarms the alarm, and then I use everything normally. Thus, the only time I need the alarm remote is never since the alarm is automatically armed if the OEM remote locks the doors. It is disarmed if the OEM remote unlocks doors or key inserted into ignition.

I requeted some switches be added to change connection modes or remove one set of sensors. There was also a momentary pushbuttom "valet" switch added for the car alarm for when I had to give the keys over to a valet.

With all the complexity that I had asked for, it required the dash be taken apart to get to the computer wiring so additional modules and relays could be put in. That was where the main expense was. If the dash can be avoided (and it can for simple alarms), then good for you. A 2016 dash is hellish. I cannot imagine doing it myself. I have to pay someone else.
>>
>>15523512
>ITT snitches

That's a favorite Black Lives Matter subject. Punish the snitches that attack blacks. Punish those that make statistics look bad. Those snitches are part of the Cause of the problem that keeps brothers and sisters down.

DId you get robbed? Keep quiet. If you tell the police you got robbed, you are a snitch. You deserve to be punished for being a snitch.

>I live in detroit. I don't snitch on anyone,
You're dead meat once you get outed as the snitch by an anonymous member of the police sympathetic to BLM.
>>
>>15523861
>You're dead meat once you get outed as the snitch by an anonymous member of the police sympathetic to BLM.

No shit. That's why I don't offer anything even if i see it. It's just like Boston's code of silence still lingers on, Long after whitey
>>
>>15523794
*continued*
It's not a problem for them to glue hall effect sensors inside the door for the door handle release arm. So movement of the door handles sends a separate trigger signal to the car alarm.

There's impact sensors and glass sensors that sense either tapping or the high-pitched sound of glass being broken. You have to make choices as to what type and how many sensors.

You also want to ask about how to "permanently" disable the alarm if you want to operate the car without an alarm for awhile. That may be either pulling the fuse or having separate switch under the hood to enable/disable. You may also want "pager only" alerts where it doesn't sound an alarm or beep the horn.

Remember that shallow questions get shallow answers. "Sure, the alarm has microswitches to let you set options". But those switches are inaccessible since the unit is buried under the dash. So you have to ask to bring those switches out to a "hidden" panel above your driver's foot. That's especially important if you want to be able freely move between "pager only" mode or "sound horn, alarm siren, and pager alert".

If you have an Onstar car, you can have your alarm trigger the car's own alarm too. That's as simply as triggering one of the door open sensors. The CPU gives 30 seconds to insert the key or else the car is officially immobilized.

I don't know about alarming car tires and rims against removal. There were no alarm accessories for that back then other than vibration sensors. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with that because my car parking is secure at night (home garage) and my daytime work is inside company fenced property. So none of OP's >>15523000 women coming by to steal stuff off my front seat.

>>15523070 >>15523051 >>15523879
>Heres the fat nigger who was trying to break into the car she parked next to
>then just walks inside the building

What business did she have inside your work building?
Is she an employee at your company?
>>
>>15524093
>What business did she have inside your work building?
>Is she an employee at your company?

First floor is nail salons and boutiques, 2nd floor is all legal offices/lawyers, 3rd floor is where i work. Cad/Cam manufacturing and design companies, gem dealers, and a couple jewelers

An no, she doesn't work there
>>
>>15524494
>gem dealers, and a couple jewelers
They're pretty smart to not want a ground floor window in Detroit. We have entry to our offices limited to one at a time. The doors are locked and the faces have to be fully viewable. No hoodies or caps or sunglasses over the eyes.
>>
>>15523879
>You're dead meat once you get outed as the snitch by an anonymous member of the police sympathetic to BLM.
>No shit. That's why I don't offer anything even if i see it.

There's so many BLM supporters everywhere that I wouldn't doubt some of them have access to confidential databases such as banks, mortgage firms, security agencies, police records, courthouse documents, credit firms, and phone companies.

BLM activist gets meeting with mayor. Mr Mayor you will support BLM in the next several events no matter what the voters say. Or else your affair with "name here" will be revealed along with the evidence since your GPS in both cars indicated they were at the same hotel and so were your cell phone locaters. Furthermore, because your burner phone was also at the same geolocation, it is now tied to your name in the database.

Mayor and key city gov't officials capitulate to BLM demands. The citizens don't know why the city officials are so supportive of BLM and its disruptions which would be prosecuted if it was anyone else doing it.
>>
>>15523010 >>15523030 >>15523051
>I have a carway F30

The car license plates are still blurry when compared to my camera or video camera. Are there different settings that would make it clearer? I do like the side by side view that gives more context though.
>>
>>15527878
You can adjust the resolution but I haven't messed with it. It's not the best, But for $50 dollars it gets the job done, during everyday driving at normal 2 car lengths away It picks up license plates clear enough
>>
>>15529082
>It picks up license plates clear enough
As long as it picks up faces too so that they cannot say "It was someone else who use the car without permission, I wasn't dere. dindu nuffin. Totally innocent."

The above conjecture seems far-fetched to those who have not read and followed police cases in my city. In non-car cases, suspects are detained in my city. But the lawyers typically argue that the security camera footage is too blurry or not sharp enough to positively identify the person. Unfortunately that is true in MOST cases with CURRENT economical cameras as sharp as they are. Thus, the security camera footage is downgraded by these hotshot experienced lawyers into the level of circumstantial evidence. "Close" is not good enough proof (unless the judge is quite conservative) for most judges and the suspect is freed. You get that? Not convicted due to insufficient evidence. As long as they wear a hoody, even the better cameras fail.
>>
>>15529082
>It's not the best, But for $50 dollars it gets the job done

Does it make any squealing noise? Mine makes annoying squealing noise all the time.

I made the mistake of buying a cheap $29 one whose electronics seem to be used in all the various low end branded packages (which have different shapes and sizes) and can be sold for as much as $89 on amazon. Customers don't always get what they paid for when it comes to chinese goods.
>>
>>15529082
>It's not the best
If the opposition lawyer knows what type of dashcam you have, then they can switch their defense to simply saying your data is not distinct enough for positive identification.
>>
>>15533468
youre an opposition lawyer fggot
>>
>>15531713
No not at all, you might have a bad ground on your 12v socket.
>>
>>15534523
>No not at all, you might have a bad ground on your 12v socket.

But it squeals even when running off the battery.
>>
>>15535020
Hmm. Not sure, sorry man.
>>
File: MIATA 1.png (1MB, 750x1009px) Image search: [Google]
MIATA 1.png
1MB, 750x1009px
i have two small videos of close calls do you guys have any ideas how i can post them or where... ??
>>
>>15523512
I prefer the term 'nigger hunter'

>>15523652
>or maybe make $300 selling a car accident video to the local news
That's it I'm buying a dashcam. Once just barely rolled up to a four way intersection at night, three seconds pass, then a HOC right the fuck in front of me. It was surreal.

I could have sold that video for a grand. Picture perfect, dead center of the 4-way, at a T to me. Smaller car continues on to its right, just slowly rolling by me to my left. Had to pull two feet out of the way. Dude in the Ranger got fucked up.
>>
>>15535674
here
in a webbum
as always
>>
File: MIATA 2.jpg (129KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
MIATA 2.jpg
129KB, 500x711px
>>15535775
cant convert it to webm...its 77mb
>>
>>15523177
>gw1c
This is the one I'm thinking of getting. Lots of fakes out there though.
>>
>>15535789
there can't be more than fifteen seconds of the shit that actually matters.
>>
>>15535789
>>15535799
Go to wsg, they have a sticky webm guide for any OS
>>
>>15535868
thanks bud
ill try to post my dash cam shit
>>
File: AfricanCP.jpg (30KB, 450x265px) Image search: [Google]
AfricanCP.jpg
30KB, 450x265px
>>15523057
Did she just door ding that Chevy too? Her door was opened past the first detent stop point but not to the full open stop point. So that implies the door was resting on the surface of the chevy.
>>
>>15535748
>I could have sold that video for a grand.

No, the news company would play DIRTY with you and get it for free. They would tell the police that you have it. The police then come subpoena it from you as evidence and you have to surrender it. Then the news company gets the footage from the police for free since they have a prior understanding as to when it can be published without affecting the investigation.

Locally, it is rare for news TV stations to pay unless you can negotiate from a point of anonymity and that is usually for a scandal video.
>>
>>15536352
Fuck.
>>
>>15536352
No lol. Heres how the 1st amendment right works....You are allowed to film anywhere considered a public place and have no obligation to give up any type of video you film unless you are breaking the law YOURSELF. (IE: filming yourself driving 140). The police bully people into it, you have no legal obligation to. However, the inside of your car in same cases has not been covered by the 1st amendment so if you have a dash cam technically you are supposed to notify anyone in your car or the police if they pulled you over they are being recorded.
>>
>>15536352
Yeah, they do all that over the course of an hour, great story. Where do people come up with shit and why do you make up random nonsense on the internet?
>>
>>15537060
>Where do people come up with shit and why do you make up random nonsense on the internet?

You are new to the internet? Very often both YES and NO answers are correct and wrong. What speeding you do in your area is not allowed in other areas. Your tailight or headlight intensity mods may be legal in one state and illegal in another. What officers do to push the edge of the law or violate it is different in various parts of the country. What officers do to you may vary based on your skin color. So you cannot simply say people are making up stories. It's probably what goes on in THEIR area.

Random nonsense? The USA is a big place and there are people who follow the law, and people who DON'T follow the law. But if you based your answer on one of these, you'd be told you were wrong by pig-headed internet readers in this forum. No matter what answer you give, it is wrong.

Thus both answers Yes and No are both correct. It just depends on your area. The police often violate the smaller aspects of laws because they know you will never file a lawsuit on them because it costs you money to do so. Similarly, rich or powerful people get a different interpretation of the law even by judges. I know this is true since I was a witness in a case that came to trial.

So >>15536352 is probably correct for that area. It may or may not be applicable in your area. The only people that defend their rights (and more) seem to be Black Lives Matter. Not even the NAACP defended rights as vociferously and aggressively.
>>
File: lavabit_snowden.jpg (38KB, 427x546px) Image search: [Google]
lavabit_snowden.jpg
38KB, 427x546px
>>15537035
>Heres how the 1st amendment right works
That doesn't mean you will get those rights. This is America, not liberalized Europe.
>>
>>15537060
>Where do people come up with shit and why do you make up random nonsense on the internet?

You've been too traumatized by alphonse and the other 2 trolls stalking the forums. I'm sorry you think everyone must be a liar or one-liner attack poster.
>>
>>15537220
What the fuck is that wall of text about. The poster said that someone calling a news station would have the police alerted, the police would come to their house, confiscate the footage, and give it to the news station, all in 30 minutes apparently because that's about how quickly a news station would need the footage for it to still be relevant. That has NEVER happened and is pure fantasy, it's one of the stupidest things I ever read.
>>
File: 1465278227164.jpg (106KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1465278227164.jpg
106KB, 1000x667px
I've been thinking about getting dashcams for a while now.

What dashcams do you guys use, and what do you recommend?

I've read most dashcams record in 10 minute blocks until the memory card is full, and then overwrite the oldest save data, do they all work like this?
>>
>>15537350
Going through this list right now, lots of goodies to choose from.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/g9/5-dash-cams-tested/
>>
>>15537350
>do they all work like this?
Get a bigger memory card and you will be able to store more video files before the car fills up and the device begins to overwrite the oldest files. Of course, pay attention to the max card memory size the dashcam is able to work with. One older cheap model only uses 32GB max.
>>
>>15537299
> We need to see your footage for verification
> Sure, our team will get right on that
> Footage appears on TV
> What footage, anon?
> Oh, sorry, someone lost the SD card
> Can you prove it was your footage?
>>
>>15539821
If someone has evidence and refuses to surrender it, a judge can order them to surrender it. There is a penalty too for refusing to surrender evidence.
>>
>>15536352
>>I could have sold that video for a grand.
In Bakersfield California:

Bakersfield police Sgt. Joe Grubbs said there are numerous variables in these types of situations. If police believe someone has videotaped a crime on his or her cellphone, they'll ask for the phone and try to work with the person in order not to seize it as evidence.

"In most cases we ask for consent," Grubbs said.

If a person willingly hands over a phone, an officer can usually upload the needed information relatively quickly from either a patrol car computer or at headquarters, Grubbs said.

But if a person refuses to give up his phone and police believe it contains evidence of a crime, then officers can seize it. Grubbs said a search warrant isn't needed at the time officers seize the phone, but one is in order to download information from the device.

A phone seized as evidence will take longer to return to its owner than if the person handed it over willingly, Grubbs said. If a person is arrested then his or her belongings, including cellphone, can be searched by police.

Grubbs couldn't cite specifics but said it's become more and more common that people are capturing crimes on their phones that officers then need to see.
>>
>>15537299
>The poster said that someone calling a news station would have the police alerted, the police would come to their house, confiscate the footage

Things can happen and still be legal in this post-9/11 legal landscape. Despite complaints, the deputies were never prosecuted nor reprimanded for performing such actions.

"Two witnesses said they used their cellphones to record the incident. Those witnesses said they were later held against their will in their homes while deputies obtained search warrants for their phones."
>>
File: always.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
always.webm
3MB, 900x506px
I had a g1w for a couple years but I replaced it with a a118-c after the mount broke (I like the a118 setup way more)

I mostly just capture people in subaru forresters being faggots
>>
File: Reason_for_Dashcam_plus_audio.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Reason_for_Dashcam_plus_audio.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>15540093
>I like the a118 setup way more)

How is it for sharpness on license plates and faces?

Screencap from youtube of lady that backed up in traffic to get into a parking spot she overshot. But she hit the car behind her while backing up. She then tried to BOLDLY LIE and use the "car behind is guilty and has to pay for repairs" rule and blamed the car behind her. That is why she is wagging her finger at the driver of the car behind her in this picture.

However, the driver had a dashcam and when he pointed out she was caught on audio and video, she and her husband stopped trying to lie. Good thing they didnt just rush over and snatch his dashcam data chip out of the camera. No proof means driver in back guilty.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-31-15h06m15s573.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-31-15h06m15s573.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>>15541059
good enough imo, you can usually find a few clear frames from cars that go by
>>
>>15535674
is...is that a flux capacitor?
>>
>>15541238
I guess they dashcams can see through those license plate "blockers". I've seen one plastic plate cover and the shine from them makes it hard to see the numbers if there is a bright headlight.
>>
>>15543374
Probably helps if you have a CPL filter.
>>
>>15523000
I use the Falcon360, got it half off and have been mostly impressed with it so far.
>>
>>15543374
>license plate "blockers".
Depends on your state, but my state encourages people to call or email in any suspected violations of state licensing law. Covers over license plates aren't allowed in my state.

For example, license plate blocker devices can be two rollers on opposite sides of the plate. A sheet of plastic rolls up on each roller. Half of the plastic is transparent and the other is opaque. They're made in China.
>>
>>15523509
get out dan
>>
>>15523509
>car prowlers just break the windows instead of picking the lock

They're pretty bold here. They do that even at the public library. It's next to impossible for people to ride bikes to the library because the thieves cut the chain or cable and ride off. Or they just steal the seat or unlocked wheel. They might even remove the derailleur or crank! I've seen it all.

All of this is due to ebay. The thieves will steal even pieces of a bike because they just sell it to their local ebay fence for quick cash. That fence then puts the stuff up on ebay. The fence thus facilitates a large crime wave of petty thefts.
>>
File: dash.png (2MB, 1411x1028px) Image search: [Google]
dash.png
2MB, 1411x1028px
I use a dual as well, it's some off brand from China (say it like Trump)

Works well, though I wish it was 1080 not 720. Can't pull up plates unless I get very close.

Records

>gps
>speed
>bumps?
>>
File: 1412556932222.gif (5KB, 228x236px) Image search: [Google]
1412556932222.gif
5KB, 228x236px
>>15545019
>all those semi-opaque covers
IT DOESN'T STOP THE CAMERAS YOU FUCKING MONGS YOU JUST WASTED $30
>>
>>15535789
http://pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

Just get webm for retards and follow the tutorial you'll find there. The /wsg/ pasta is absolute fucking garbage. Avoid it.
>>
>>15547002
>I wish it was 1080 not 720. Can't pull up plates unless I get very close.

That's the problem with side by side type pictures. There's less recorded byte data for the license plate. It really has to be clear or lawyers pull out their trick reel of footage showing how plates are mis-identified by dashcams thus throwing doubt on yours. They can't disprove your footage. They only need to cast enough doubt just enough to make the judge feel 99% certain instead of 100% certain.

After all, 99% means out of 100 suspects, one of them is innocent. Do you punish the innocent along with the 99 guilty as part of the "cost" of justice? That would be unconstitutional of course. As Adams (Bill of Rights) said about the context of the Bill of Rights, it is better to let 99 guilty go free out of 100 accused than to prosecute the entire accused group that has 1 innocent man in it. I have a feeling that the average 4channer would say "It is better to punish the 5 innocent out of 100 accused than to let the 95 guilty go free!" alphonse would say it is better to punish the 100 innocent non-furries than to let any go furless.
>>
>>15523000
>Does /o/ have a dash cam?

Check out the archived /o/ thread on Dash Cams:
http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15428027/lets-talk-dash-cams

http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15409026/gta-thread
>>
>>15523000
>>15523051
Came back to my car after a short time, and there's greasy marks over the driver window and door frame. Door handle outside surface had greasy marks too.

Your fat lady must have come over to my state and tried to get to my briefcase on the front passenger seat.
>>
>>15552435
what do you expect, chicken is greasy as fuck
>>
File: VID_02.08.2016_18_47_20.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
VID_02.08.2016_18_47_20.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
So I've bought this
http://www.t-nb.com/en/incar/holders-and-fixation/support-universel-multifix.html
and wanted to try using my S4 as a dashcam, but I have a little big problem with vibrations. How can I make it so that it shakes less?

Webm related.
>>
>>15552927
>shakes less?
Shakes occur if the object is heavy and the rest of the car moves. That object then may shift and bounce up and down if it is loose in a cradle. The other problem is again related to weight. A heavy object on the end of an arm will naturally shake up and down as the car goes over bumps.

That's why a lot of mounts are short mostly verticle arms firmly fastened to the windshield. Horizontal arms are what shake the most.
>>
File: 20160802_202922.jpg (632KB, 2790x2339px) Image search: [Google]
20160802_202922.jpg
632KB, 2790x2339px
>>15553007
Yes, I knew the theory, that's why I bent the arm into an U shape, in order to bring the center of mass close to the windshield and shorten the lever arm. The problem is that I did that after I bought it, so >>15552927 is with that U shape. now I want to know how to lower the shakiness even more.
Pic related. I've put some rubber bands in order to increase the rigidity of the assembly and hope that the rubber bands will absorb some of the vibrations. We'll see how efficient this is tomorrow morning when I go to work.
>>
>>15523509
>Then they'll chop out your pillar and seat airbags and sell them off
are you high?
>>
>>15553103
https://www.autobody-review.com/blog/is-airbag-theft-on-the-rise

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/airbags-stolen-from-more-than-50-cars-in-fairfax-county/2014/04/21/7c6a0874-c95c-11e3-95f7-7ecdde72d2ea_story.html

They don't chop pillars off which is removing the whole roof of the car. Break window. Open hood. Cut battery cable. Pry off the pillar covers to expose. For dash, use box cutter to make rectangle cut in the surface to expose the airbag cavity. Long vertical cut along seat edge exposes side airbags in seat. Unbolt. Sell on ebay or CL.

The other problem is that chinese companies are selling counterfeit airbags. Do they actually work? The chinese bags also have reproduced on them the car manufacturers' official trademark logos and parts numbers.

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/Air+Bags/Counterfeit+Air+Bags+Contact+List
>>
>>15553066
You got so much weight out there that it's gonna wiggle every time the car shakes. The only way to stiffen the mount between the cup and cradle is get 2 small rectangles of plywood and clamp them on either side of the arm.

MacGuyver would say that is too heavy and say cut the ends off a can, then one cut lengthwise to make a rectangle piece of metal.turn edges inward to prevent cuts. Fold in half into U shape. Make several screw holes for bolts. Fit the wiggly arm inside the U shape and clamp with bolts to make whole assembly stiff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macguyver
>>
>>15535407
>>15535020
The squealing noise is probably from "coil noise" which results when LC circuits are used in switching power supplies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coil_noise

While good designs try to put the frequency where you can't hear it, some cheaper designs will put a blob of glue on the coils as a workaround. The cheapest units don't bother doing even using a little glue. Thus the parts will vibrate and make a noise you can hear.

If it has the Underwriters Laboratory seal on it, the squealing sound should not be there. Some chinese companies do counterfeit the trademarks for Underwriters Laboratory, CSA, or CE.

How they do it is the chinese companies first submit a batch of normal or specially-made electronics items to the testing laboratories. After the labs grant permission to use their trademark logo, the chinese companies then change the inside electronics to a cheaper design in order to make more profit. Their products are able to make it past customs because customs databases will have been updated by UL, CSA, or CE test labs. Thus customs knows to look for the test trademark and let the items through customs checks. In less frequent nefarious ways, the duty house may be owned by a subsidiary or agency friendly to the chinese, and may simply deliberately pass the items through with a cursory check to satisfy the customs lading label scan.
>>
File: 2016_08_03_07_52_50.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2016_08_03_07_52_50.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Shitboxes need to accelerate faster. It will make roundabouts less of a pain.
>>
>>15523282
You've never triggered the alarm yourself by accident? It seems like a pull of the door handle would be something that could be done by anybody, not just a thief.
>>
>>15557819
>something that could be done by anybody
Not really anybody. Where I live, only the owner, friends/family of the owner and thieves pull the handles.
>>
>>15557819
>It seems like a pull of the door handle would be something that could be done by anybody, not just a thief.

You have a point in that false alarms can occur. But who does them? The bad guys. As for family members, none of us tries to make false alarms for the fun of it. We also have alarm remotes as well as ignition keys to disarm the alarm. Thus, if the alarm (either silent pager or a loud one) goes off, it's going to be a bad guy doing it. And yes, I consider it to be a bad guy because anyone unathorized trying to get into my car is a bad guy. I don't accept excuses of "Oh, just curious and looking at the car" or "I found the car door open and came over to take a look" excuses which are excuses often given to police.

Some niglets or spics will deliberately trigger car alarms every night until the nuisance law forced you to keep it off for a month (or whatever the cooldown period is in your area). Once it is no longer alarmed, they then break in.
>>
>>15557819
>It seems like a pull of the door handle would be something that could be done by anybody, not just a thief.

If your car alarm is being professionally installed, ask the shop if the alarm can also trigger some sort of camera recording of the people trying to enter the car.
>>
>>15557828
>Where I live, only the owner, friends/family of the owner and thieves pull the handles.

Same here. Get a pager alarm if you're so worried about anyone else hearing an alarm. But having an alarm sound when the door handle is moved would stop >>15523010 from trying any further.

>>15523051
>I caught a fat woman trying to break into a car in front of my work today
In fact, she would panic so hard, she would jump into her car and crash into your car in the panic. She would then hit-and-run leaving a big gouge in your car courtesy of your alarm scaring her off. Whooo whooo. If you worry too much about the negatives in life, you'll end up never doing anything. I can't get an alarm because BLM might damage my car. I can't shoot the rapist attacking my children because the extra blood might stain the carpet. Sure, those are all problems.
>>
Caught a van almost creaming an outback at 50 mph going through an intersection then almost jumping the median trying not to roll after serving (it was the vans fault)
Don't have the video any more tho
>>
It must suck to have to live somewhere that car theft is a real problem.
>>
Are dual dash cams worth it?
>>
Yo, long story short whats a good model for 1080 only??

Dont need 2K let alone 4K, just 1080 with plates discernible at night is good enough.
>>
>>15561629
This is good. http://www.viofo.com/home/30-a119-1080p-60fps-dash-cam.html
>>
>>15561629
>whats a good model for 1080 only??
Look at the previous archived dashcam thread. It would have lasted to this day except alphonse & trolls did the usual spam thread posting and forced all slower threads to die off.
>>
>>15561763
bump due to alphonse flood posting
he's trying to kill all the threads again
>>
>used to see shit all the time
>get a dashcam and nothing has happened for months

Wew.
>>
>>15562766
alphonse spamming attack still continuing
>>
>>15562804
Maybe it happens when you're not looking.
>>
>>15540008
What is the 4th Amendment?
>>
File: Bill of Rights.png (206KB, 1012x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Bill of Rights.png
206KB, 1012x1150px
>>15564034
>What is the 4th Amendment?
You forgot about all the 9/11 and anti-terrorism laws successfully passed and not revoked by the usa supreme court. Don't forget you can be legally waterboarded in the usa as a questioning technique and that was allowed by the supreme court. I never thought I'd see it, but if the gov't really needs what you know, they can move you to Guantanamo where you have no bill of rights or constitutional protection even though you are on usa soil and in usa custody.
>>
>>15564211
>Didn't cover part of the freedom of speech with all the harassment laws and private policies on hate speech.

>Didn't cover the 2nd amendment in red tape
>Didn't cover shall not be infringed
>Didn't cover militia.

>Didn't cover parts of the 7th.

The land of the once free.
>>
>>15523000
I bought some cheap one on eBay. It's arriving soon
>>
>>15561763
>It would have lasted to this day except alphonse & trolls did the usual spam thread posting

Every night or every other night, alphonse does his thing. He's claimed he has no malice and what he posts is all true no lies. He talks about himself as if he was somewhat schizophrenic, so his bitterness and tunnel vision at doing these things seems related to that. He seems dedicated to trying to kill thread longevity on this forum. I suppose he doesn't want any kind of repository of knowledge to build up in a thread.
>>
>>15523010
>I have a carway F30

Would you buy it again? Or is there a different model you would rather have now that you've used it awhile?
>>
>>15561525
>Are dual dash cams worth it?
Huh? You mean side by side image display? Or do you mean day/night type? Or you mean front and rear cams displayed on the dash? Don't know what you are asking?
>>
>>15559095
>ask the shop if the alarm can also trigger some sort of camera recording of the people trying to enter the car.
Where to put that camera so the criminal doesn't see it and with clear line of sight to catch the criminal face? Tinted windows make it dark.
>>
>>15571459
The specialty shops such as the car alarm shops would know. They've got to have come across this situation many times.
>>
>>15573416
Car Audio shops sell dashcams and car alarms too, so check with them for the kind that can start recording if an alarm is triggered or door handle is pulled
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.