[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foot dragging at launch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: cvxcxcxv.jpg (32KB, 595x346px) Image search: [Google]
cvxcxcxv.jpg
32KB, 595x346px
How come I always see guys (mostly with sportbikes) take off from a stop sign/red light and dangle their feet for a while before thy put them on the pegs? I'm not talking about drag racing, the people I see do this are going slow as fuck.

Are they beginners that are scared of stalling and want to be able to keep themselves from falling? Are they squids trying to emulate drag racers? What the hell is up with this? Please enlighten me.

Pic related. I could only find clips of melanin-enriched individuals doing it but I see plenty of white folks do it, too.
>>
File: asdasdas.jpg (61KB, 838x343px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdas.jpg
61KB, 838x343px
another one
>>
File: Capture.jpg (43KB, 569x319px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
43KB, 569x319px
All of these guys are going <15 mph
>>
>>15519011
Its just a habit sorta like riding a clutch.
>>
File: 11498-1964696762.png (297KB, 446x487px) Image search: [Google]
11498-1964696762.png
297KB, 446x487px
because they're shit at riding lel
>>
File: 1459040635323.png (225KB, 510x450px) Image search: [Google]
1459040635323.png
225KB, 510x450px
Because they are black
>>
File: sdfsdfsdf.jpg (58KB, 749x390px) Image search: [Google]
sdfsdfsdf.jpg
58KB, 749x390px
>>15519030
Most retarded habit ever. No decent rider should be doing this. It looks retarded and makes me think they're inexperienced, so I keep my distance in case they so anything else stupid.
>>
>>15519060
Can't niggers own anything without ruining them with gaudy modification?
>>
>>15519060
> makes me think they're inexperienced
Because they are desu
>>
>>15519041
That's what I think, too. Why not learn to stop doing it? Do they not know it makes them look goofy as hell?
>>
ITT: mad white bois who don't own busas
>>
>>15519085
DELETE THIS
>>
>>15519093
make me cracka
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPDtEme0N5s&ab_channel=HDBroadcaster.com(Channel2)

All my screenshots were taken from this video.
>>
>>15519103
>it was a black man that invented the chopper. Your welcome

WE
>>
>>15519011
I've been riding for several years and participate in a lot of group rides. Never seen anyone do that.
>>
>>15519141
Because you don't ride with fuckin idiots. I have no friends so I don't have anyone to ride with, but I sure as fuck wouldn't ride with anyone who did that.
>>
>>15519020
>>15519028
Well, all the posted examples are if niggers, so...
>>
>>15519138

WUZ
>>
I do this sometimes but only for the first 5 feet or so, the reasoning for me is incase I have/ want to stop again within the next couple seconds
White af btw
>>
>>15519093
This isn't tumblr faggot
>>
File: 1204054414933.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1204054414933.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
>>15520088
Why? Is it really that hard to put your foot down if something happens? It takes a split second to put your goddamn foot down. You're stopping with the brakes, not your foot. In the time it takes you to bring the bike to a stop you can have your foot down. You must be a fucking mongoloid, and you should stop riding if you're this retarded.
>>
>>15520506
Or how about you take off like a normal person so you have time to assess the situation in front of you and eliminate the need to stop abruptly?
>>
a bad habit a lot of people get into. especially those who aren't skilled at riding, or just bad coordination.

any one who rides enough can take off the second their foot is off the ground. hell in most places msf teaches you creep as slow as possible without putting a foot down. not graded but you learn it.
>>
>>15520506
So you mean to tell me when your in traffic and want to scoot up 15 feet you really spend 2 split seconds to put your feet up on the pegs then immediately put them right back down on the ground? Good job you must be a pro with that much skill
I leave my feet down beacuse im too lazy to pick them up for 2 seconds beacuse 90% chance im going to be stopping again.
>>
>>15520972
I just put one foot down to steady myself.
>>
>>15521027
I sometimes use one foot aswell. So do you pick that foot up to move 5-10 feet then put it back down or just leave it down?
I dont understand why everyone in this thread thinks its such a big deal, your traveling <15mph, have no need for the shifter, and no need for the rear brake so what does it matter where your feet/legs are located
>>
Feels cool to do why do you autists care so much
>>
>>15520088
The bike will stay upright after you stop long enough to get a foot down.

Practice low speed maneuvering enough (riding the clutch and rear brake) and you won't even need to put your feet down in most situations
>>
>>15519011
Because they're noobs and I see more harley riders doing it than sportbike riders, mainly because I see more harleys than sportbikes.
>>
>>15519103
I weish MB would kill off bike weeks. Dont need that shit.
>>
>>15519076
>rwb
>>
>>15519272
MOTHERS
>>
>>15520972
If i'm going 15 feet it's probably really slowly so i better have foot on rear brake.
>>
>>15521171
I know this. Its more a matter of convenience. I can stop for a second and then take back off without feet down no problem
>>
every moto gp rider used to do it back in the day, back when the bikes where wheelie machines.
i think because it allows you to put more weight over the front bars quicker and prevent the front wheel from coming up too high.
nowadays hardly any motogp riders do it.
there's absolutely no reason to be doing it on the road.
>>
>>15519011
More important things to worry about than losing the foot if they get hit, presumably.
>>
>>15519011
It's a n00b thing. Pretty much only people who absolutely suck at riding and have no low speed confidence do it. So squids, nigs, fat harley riders, etc. You'll see drag racers doing it when they lay flat over the motorcycle for a hard launch but I'm not sure why they do it. You'd think they would pull their legs forward to have as much weight as possible over the front end.
>>
were these pics taken in myrtle beach? kind of recognize some of the surroundings
>>
>>15523777
I assume it's to stabilise the bike
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GqnNATB7KB8
>>
>>15519060

> He's wearing flip flops
>>
>>15525180
Those are "prison sandals"
Flip flops are the thong type.
>>
>>15525196

Oh. My mistake.
>>
>>15523777
I believe that it is due to the initial inertia coupled with the lack of gyroscopic stability that has yet to be gained. Pulling your boots in before everything settles is more upsetting than front end lift.
>>
Am I the only person that picks up their feet before the clutch is even half way out? My motorcycle rolls ~1" before I have me feet on the pegs.

Even worse are the Harley fags that will pedal their bikes through parking lots like a fucking bicycle. If my bike is moving at all, my feet are on the pegs.
>>
>>15525265
I pick my feet up as soon as the bike is moving as well.

I don't get why people don't practice low speed stuff more often, it's literally the second most important skill you need to ride.
>>
File: double 8s.jpg (73KB, 761x523px) Image search: [Google]
double 8s.jpg
73KB, 761x523px
>>15525288
>>
>>15519011
noop here, cos it feels funny.

I didn't do it when i first started, but sometimes i do it just cos it feels weird to have your foot mm above the ground while traveling up to 30km/h. Like having your window rolled down and skipping your hand in the wake of the air that passes over the side mirror, it just feels kinda cool.
>>
I'll skim/hover my left foot every once n awhile.But it's not dangling around like a fucking rag. Mostly at busy intersections where I know people run lights constantly. I've had instructors yell at me for having my feet on the pegs too soon but I always took their bitching as personal preferences.
>>
>>15526028
Why do you think you ned to have your foot down in order to stop? Do you think your foot is contributing to the stopping power? Can you come to a complete resting stop (the point at which the bike would finally start to tip over) in the before you can put your foot down? The fuckin squids ITT act like putting your foot on the ground is some huge complicated task that requires extreme concentration and planning. Jesus Christ.
>>
In Europe I see people on touring bikes do this because they don't have highway pegs and want to stretch their legs. For the others it's just a meme.
>>
>>15522011
>Vladimir I am really slowly
>neit better have foot on rear brake
>5 meter rule comrade
>da
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.