[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Jeep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Trimmed my front fenders today on my Jeep. Trying to decide what to use for a new liner as stock ones won't work on it after a trim, any ideas? North Michigan winters makes this shit rust so fast.
>General Jeep Thread if any faggots here are into them
>>
>>15500103
Rubberized undercoating after you use por15 to prep the surface.
>>
>>15500104
12mpg sucks ass I gotta admit
>>
Thin gauge sheetmetal and rivets.
>>
>>15500110
I've been thinking about undercoating the whole thing with por 15 but never though about replacing liners with it. Jeep is a rust bucket underneath though
>>
File: p40131.jpg (21KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
p40131.jpg
21KB, 450x450px
>>15500124
If its surface rust you can grind it off to get a clean surface for the por15 and use this to help prevent rust. It'll also work well to replace any plastic liners you cut out.
>>
>>15500133
Only thing i'm worried about would be the hole that by the door side of the fenders that is left after taking out fenders/liner. I'm thinking about welding some sheet metal there and coating that por 15
>>
>>15500149
Hole, where? Does it lead into the cab area?
>>
>>15500153
No its just an open cavity area on the bottom door side of the fenders thats just an open hollow area that goes back about a foot, seems like it would catch a shit ton of dirt and salt
>>
>>15500110
POR15 works but there are better alternatives.
Basically any "rust convertor". They neautralize the rust instead of just sesling it in. The epoxy ones make good primers too.
>>
>>15500182
I've always dealt with rust with the mentality that you have to completely remove the cancer or it spreads. I feel like that shit would just come through the undercoat after a year or two from the inside out
>>
For a cheap underseal solution mix equal parts used motor oil, and Linseed oil.
Then brush it on the underside of your Jeep.
You can also add some paint thinner or mineral spirits to the mix to help it dry quicker.
>>
>>15500220
that hold up through a wash?
>>
>>15500201
Of course you still need to attack the area with a wirebrush and remove all the visible rust.

But you will never get all of it. There will always be some hiding in deep pits that you will miss.
Before I discovered these rust converters I would use vinegar or Muriatic acid. Much bettar than nothing but you will still miss some spots. Plus the smell is disgusting.

On some applications, cutting out rust and welding patches is not really a viable solution.
I did a boat trailer and its wheels with a rust converter/epoxy primer over 5 years ago and still no rust to this day.
They really do work. I used to have rust spots and peeling paint on the wheels every year.
>>
>>15500236
Yes. It will cure and harden like a varnish. You can even pressure wash it.
>>
>>15500289
>>15500304
awesome thanks very much
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.