[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I go to college soon and I really want a motorcycle to drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: harley.jpg (94KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
harley.jpg
94KB, 800x600px
I go to college soon and I really want a motorcycle to drive around there. Is there any decent motorcycle(Preferably Harley) that is under 2000? Looking for a chart like the sticky, just for motorcycles. Thanks.
>>
File: 1.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>15494463
>Harley
>>
>>15494482
Anything man, I know nothing about bikes, its the first thing that comes to mind, I want something that I can go cross country with
>>
a motorcycle is not a good only vehicle for college. I have experience with that.

as for bikes, just get anything that runs and has less than a 800cc twin. look for honda shadows.
>>
>>15494463
Had a motorcycle for Uni, was great until i was taken out by an old china women in a 4x4.

You'll have fun provided you avoid asians in 4x4s on the road.
>>
>>15494463
2000 won't buy you shit for a Harley, maybe an 883 sportster or a beat up 1200 sportster.

Those still have Harley issues, overheating in traffic, occasionally leaky seals, maintance intensive engines (rebuild at 20,000-30,000). And hardcore Harley dudes will still shit on you for not riding a "real Harley"

If you're looking for a v twin cruiser honda shadows are your best bang for your buck. 750s are decent, comfy quick and affordable, vt1100s can rip pretty good and can be made to sound and look like Harleys. I have 66,000 on mine and I've only changed oil, tires, and replaced 1 clutch at 62,000.
>>
>>15494463
>decent motorcycle
>Harley

Pick one.
>>
>>15494518
>a motorcycle is not a good only vehicle for college

No shit. I hope it never rains or gets cold where you're at or youre gonna hate life even more.

Another for going import. Harleys too expensive and unreliable for uni kids.

>que the one single guy who bought a HD and has anecdotal experience.
>>
Check craigslist for Sportsters. There are TONS of them. If you want a taller seat height find a 883R.

Finding a cheap Sportster is honestly the best way to do it. Oil leaks are probably what you are going to find. No big deal.

Find a 2006 and later if you want fuel injection.

My 2015 Iron 883 is my daily driver. It's fine. But what makes it bad is what I paid for it. Sportsters are great if you buy them cheap.
>>
>>15494895
>>Oil leaks are probably what you are going to find. No big deal.

Why do Harley guys think this way? You're paying premium money for a premium bame, it should be a premium product.
>>
>>15495109
the "premium" is man premium

as in "make your life shit on purpose and pretend to be hard working"
>>
>cruiser
Kek, have fun in the twisties.
>>
>>15495109
Haha, i mean, yes its an issue. Im not a fan of Harley at all. I just made the mistake of buying one. However, the sportster is an alright bike if you buy it for a few thousand dollars. There is tons of stuff to do to it, which can be fun if you like that.

I work at a Harley dealer, of all the bikes that come in with problems, the sportster really isnt one of them. Its an ok bike.
>>
I don't understand why first bike faggots don't get 250-500 Enduro/dual sport bikes? Jesus fuck.
>>
>>15496885
Because not everyone likes the same bikes as you? Maybe OP is over the age of 16 and wants a motorcycle, not a kids dirtbike?
>>
/o/ isn't your fucking blog
>>
>>15494463
get a grom so you van keep it in your dorm
>>
>>15494895
This. Ironhead Sportsters shouldn't take more than $2000 for a running example. Expect that it'll leak and need attention every day, and that you're going to spend a good amount of time chasing out whatever retarded things the previous owners did.

OR

For $2000, you can usually find a decent jap bike. 1979-1982 CB750's are good stuff--DOHC, and from 81 onward they had dual front disk. Plus, from what I understand, you can swap out the rear wheel with one from a CB900 to get rear disc as well (you might want to double check that). It has all the power and "cool" factor of a Sportster, but because it's not the iconic SOHC CB750, they don't go for that much. Not to mention, there's just as much bolt-on crap for old JSM's as there is for a Sportster.
>>
>>15496909
>REAL MEAN RIDE HARLEYS

My first bike (at 22) is a shitty Chinese CBR125 copy. It's shit, but it's cheap as fuck (it cost me £75 + a carb rebuild kit) and it runs well enough. While I do love the looks of Harleys, I understand they're unreliable shitheaps and you're paying for the brand.

I want a Yamaha Viago 500 for my next bike, it looks like a Harley without costing an arm and a leg in both purchase and maint
>>
>>15495945
Just because they cant drag a knee doesn't mean they're no fun to ride. It's the same kind of thrill, just a bit different.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.