[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too close?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Is this too close to the side wall to plug? I guess it doesn't matter, I already started but I wanna know if I fucked up.
>>
>>15492922
The hell is in your tire and how did it happen?
>>
>>15492930
U just got bamboozled haha
>>
File: Snapchat--2432878756099179889.jpg (282KB, 1248x702px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--2432878756099179889.jpg
282KB, 1248x702px
There is a good chance it is. Plug it up, inflate the tire and watch out for bulging. A little bulging is guaranteed, but there is a big risk that it'll grow way too big, which means its not safe to drive on

I know the pain. Got this the summer of 2015, and I was skeptic, but the bulge is minimal and there are no signs of more cord damage
>>
>>15492930
it's a tool for plugging holes in tires, its used to clean out the puncture hole, and prepare it for the plug
>>
>>15492939
What do you mean bulging? Like the spot where I put the plug will bulge relative to the rest of the tire?
>>
>>15492963
That would be what he means. Sometimes punctures can break a belt, and you'll get a bulge. Just keep an eye on it.
>>
>>15492963
>What do you mean bulging? Like the spot where I put the plug will bulge relative to the rest of the tire?
Use a magic marker or something to make a mark on the tire. That way, you will be able to inspect that spot easily in the future. So if it begins to bulge after a few more thousand miles, then the tire's belts were weakened and continued driving causes more and more tiny strands to break.
>>
>>15492939

Why would you even try to plug that bald ass tire?
>>
>>15492922
least you didnt buy new tires like me in may, and then hit some construction metal last weekend, and blew out one of my back tires, fun stuff.
>>
>>15492922
no shop would touch that from a liability standpoint, but you should be okay. Tires are weird senpai, sometimes a dryrotted 30 year old tire can do highway speeds fine, other times a 5 year old tire will blow the fuck up over some whiteboy shit.
>>15495041
>that tire
>bald

What the hell are people who can afford to buy tires when they still have that much tread left doing posting on MY /o/?
>>
>buy a full set of new tires
>get a nail close to the sidewall two days later

Luckily I had Tire Rack protection on it. Still had to pay for installation though.
>>
>>15492922
get a budget tyre if you're cheap. plugged tyres are only good for 40mph anything over that and they're likley to blow the fuck up
>>
I got 4 sets of maxxis tyres and they have literally never had a puncture in the 2 years ive run them on all my cars
>>
File: 1465484321931.jpg (83KB, 1200x736px) Image search: [Google]
1465484321931.jpg
83KB, 1200x736px
>buy 4 new tires
>dont buy any extra insurance for them
>get a nail in the sidewall of one a month later

They're $60 Aspen Touring All Seasons, but still.
>>
>>15492922
Plug it yourself, put it on the rear axle and see how long it lasts.

I've plugged the shoulders on a couple of tires in the past on my personal cars, theyve all held up, but I wouldn't be comfortable doing it to someone else's car desu senpai.
>>
>>15492922
Thanks for the replies guys, I plugged it and drove it to work and back 80 miles; I had no problems thus far going up to 65mph. Do you guys think it'll last a month or two? I planned on buying winter tires in a few months anyways.
>>
File: 20151030_142434_resized.jpg (365KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20151030_142434_resized.jpg
365KB, 1328x747px
>>15495041
That tire ain't nowhere near bald. Right now its coming close to the 3mm mark, and that photo was taken over a year ago
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.