[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sound system help please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

My stereo crapped out a few months ago on my 2000 honda accord ex. It had stock speakers and a crappy aftermarket boss head unit. When the bass or volume was a little loud it started sounding staticy. I asked here, most ppl said replace the head unit, so i put in a decent 150$ sony piece. Helped a tiny bit, but same problem. Is the only other possible problem that i blew all 4 aftermarket speakers at the same time? The static comes from all sides. Just seems highly unlikely..

Tldr: If new head unit didnt fix sound problem is the only other possible problem the speakers?
Thanks you.
>>
File: tumblr_m53t0sHTPt1rxevt4o1_250.gif (383KB, 235x156px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m53t0sHTPt1rxevt4o1_250.gif
383KB, 235x156px
Ugh, blew all 4 STOCK* speakers.
>>
>>15490086
nice nsx
>>
>>15490086
Did you use the factory wires or run new speaker wire? Try turning the fade all the way to one side using new speaker wire and see if the static still occurs. It could be bad wiring or a ground loop causing the static.
>>
>>15490086
Go take your shitty Honda Prelude and go fuck yourself ricer
>>
File: 1466151033574.jpg (630KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1466151033574.jpg
630KB, 2000x3000px
>>15490093
Im not sure what ur referring too, but that pics from google, my cars the same just 4 cyl and no gold on it.
>>
File: 1464892846866.jpg (31KB, 640x495px) Image search: [Google]
1464892846866.jpg
31KB, 640x495px
>>15490097
The speakers are stock, i fucked up in the op. But the static comes from all sides on both head units. It was good for like 4 months then one day i was blasting music and shizam, fried.

Its not a prelude. And im not a ricer, i dont drive like a dick or have a loud car, im just a normal guy with a honda.
>>
>>15490114
Okay, then my guess would be you have a ground loop causing interference. I assume you used a wiring harness that fits to the factory one. I would try to ground the HU to a better ground and see if that helps. Either that or your stock speakers are blown. They're rated for much lower wattage (maybe even 5 watts RMS) and hitting them with a constant 20+ watts all the time blows them. An ideal situation is aftermarket speakers powered by a small amp, but if you just want decent sound, replacing the factory speakers powered from the HU will be just fine.
>>
>>15490122
Yeah you are prolly right. Especially considering the car is 2000. I would just really hate to replace the speakers and find out that it wasnt the problem(exactly what i did with the head unit, blew my dash lights putting that in too.) Thanks, and any more input here would be appreciated.
>>
>>15490133
die you FWd honda ricer piece of shit
>>
>>15490133
Well, you can always go buy a cheap set of speakers from Walmart to test and see if that's the issue and return them if you don't have a good coax speaker to test with.
>>
OP, i just wanted to bump this cuz i have the same car, only forest green. Good luck fag.
>>
>>15490086
>buying a car without the factory head unit
You dun goofed. It's no longer stock so it could literally be anything. A fucked up stereo install, fucked wiring, fucked speakers.
>>
File: RaceQueen_Kazami.jpg (214KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RaceQueen_Kazami.jpg
214KB, 720x1080px
>>15490086
>When the bass or volume was a little loud it started sounding staticy.

Before spending money, always try to identify the problem. Also, if you see advice, not giving all the info results in incomplete or bad advice. Also, many people have different disctionaries or may mis-use words. For example, to me, unbearably loud is volume control 5 (middle) but for others that is fine. Stock OEM papercone speakers can be ruined if run for long time at loud levels. That's just how cheap paper cone speakers are.

Be careful about confusing "static-ky" sound with clipping when at high volume. If at low volume and any distortion is detected with non-treble sounds, the cheap OEM speakers may be "blown" due to over-use at high volume levels.

Another cause of "static-ky" audio at high levels is a bad connection. At low power levels, there is enough voltage & current. At higher-power levels, the resistance from the bad connection causes lack of voltage or current to the unit, thus artificial clipping occurs.

The way that "clipping" sounds from lack of power is different from the way that "clipping" sounds when you are over-driving good speakers from the amp not able to deliver enough without clipping and that differs again from "clipping" when you driving blown speakers. These three major situations can cause what you call a "static-ky" sounding audio.

As you can see from those three situations above, the advice you receive can be quite different based upon the information you provided (or were willing to type). If you are one of those "I hate blog length descriptions" or "go back to your blog" writers, you may have wrote an incomplete explanation due to your desire to not use or read posts that have more than a few sentences per post.
>>
File: Race_queen.jpg (205KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Race_queen.jpg
205KB, 720x1080px
>>15490788
>>15490848
>>15490086
If you live in a bigger city, there should be several different car audio shops that can take a quick listen and tell you what is wrong. Of course, a lot of salemen may tell you anything just to have a sale as in you need another head unit, another wiring job, and speakers too. UGH, I hate that. That's why it is risky to listen to some advice from people who have commission money on their minds. I'm just lucky enough to have a local car audio shop whose staff has low turnover and are acceptably honest.

Remember that "more is better" is not always true. Paper cone speakers are good at being sloppy (imprecise imaging) and that is good in cars because no one sits at the audio center point in a car. In usa cars, the driver sits well to the left of the center just as the front passenger sits well to the right of the center.

Thus, very accurate (precise) speakers will put the image right at the center sweet spot. There, the audio sounds far better than what you've ever heard in your car before. But once installed, you may dislike those speakers because the sound seems lacking from where you sit. In order to fix that "problem" you'd have to get a spatial acoustic environment processor unit in your preamp loop. That's just too much money on a 2000 car.

In newer stock OEM audio system, the premium versions allow you to steer the sweet spot via spatial correction to where the driver sits. Thus, very accurate speakers are a must and are provided OEM with the car.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.