[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a Rental Car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1469157932504.jpg (264KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469157932504.jpg
264KB, 1920x1080px
Thinking about buying a rental car. Can get something pretty new, pretty low mileage for cheap.

Don't care about fancy features, just want reliable, point A to B.

Research revealed a drawback is that it's had many other drivers. There might be issues due to different driving styles.

Of course, the rental agency could have skimped on maintenance, but that's a risk anywhere.

Most companies also let you rent "free" for 3 days before making a decision.

Anyone have any experiences/tips?
>>
>>15488508
Not me but my family has bought two ex-rental cars. As long as they are boring ass cars you've nothing really to worry about. I wouldn't buy a rental V6 mustang or the like, but a 3cyl fiesta or a trailblazer is g2g.
>>
>>15488508
>>15488544
Oh and to add to that as long as the car is still in warranty you've nothing to worry about. Being fleet doesn't void the warranty.
>>
>>15488544
>I wouldn't buy a rental V6 mustang

Yeah that was one of the major warnings I saw. Chances are, some guy took out his midlife crisis on it.

Will definitely be buying a super boring car.
>>
>>15488508
I occasionally use rentals and I absolutely slaughter them. Stay away
>>15488544
check under the floormats for used condoms
>>
>>15488559
>I occasionally use rentals and I absolutely slaughter them. Stay away
I slaughter every car I touch. The turds last forever as long as you change the oil and they are an automatic...as all american rentals are.
>>15488554
Just stay away from chargers, mustangs, and anything some poorfag could remotely think of as fun and you'll be fine. Shitboxes are pretty much bulletproof since you can't over-rev them.
>>
>>15488559
>check under the floormats for used condoms
You won't find any even if you were renting the car, pulling the mats and a full vacuum is standard procedure at any of the big rental car companies. Fleet/rental use is harsh on a car, but that is why the companies/government sell them while they are a few years old and still under warranty.
>>
Ever drive 80mph on the turnpike in second gear just for shits and giggles? I have, in a rental. Dont do it man, evry one of us has done stupid shit in a rental ... your rental!
>>
>>15488508
Used to work at a rental place. I have cleaned ungodly things out of those cars. Every third person made their car into an ashtray. Regular maintenance was usually late because muh sales, and even then it was done at a shitty firestone. Any problem that you could still technically drive on was swept under the rug. The varying driving styles of people fuck with the learning ECU cars making them drive like absolute shit. Also I hooned the shit out of everything in the lot and so did every renter because "lol it's just a rental car".

Enjoy your low mileage car that's roughly the same price as a stealership's pre-owned car but that has seen more bodily fluids and rough treatment than a Tijuana hooker.
>>
>>15488588
They don't rent manual cars in america anon. They are all automatics. You can't kill the engine...it won't let you. At most you bang off the soft then hard limiter without issue.
>>
>>15488595
>Used to work at a rental place.
>shitty firestone
Confirmed Enterprise employee.

That said the cars aren't broken. They are shitboxes that can't take "abuse" because of their auto trannies and low power. That said they were always sold under warranty still so the next owner could always bail ime.

But ime they have been fine. Cars are made to be raped.
>>
>>15488610
*can

The only real damage you can do to a car is revving it up too high while cold, and from what i've seen government cars get more of this ass rapeage than fleet cars but ymmv.

I'd buy an ex-rental no prob, I'd never buy an ex-government or fleet car. Especially police.
>>
Rule of thumb, stick to luxury vehicles and boring cars if you're buying a rental.

Don't buy shitboxes, sports cars, or rental trucks.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.