[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saab 900 Turbo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1984-saab-900-turbo-16s.jpg (99KB, 1200x656px) Image search: [Google]
1984-saab-900-turbo-16s.jpg
99KB, 1200x656px
Redpill me on the Saab 900 Turbo. Is it a good car, or just a meme?
>>
its a great car
but it is quirky. if you drove it i think you would love it
>>
>was a mcm car
Run far away
>>
>>15487839
Its a mighty car meme. When people start buying and driving up the price on cars featured in MCM i relapse my cancer
>>
>>15487832
It's a good car, in its own weird way.
>>
>>15487832
It's a good meme
>>
Why are they dirt cheap?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saab-900-Turbo-/252470539441
>>
>>15487855
what is mighty cars? i hear it mentioned only on /o/ never anywhere else. why do you take them so seriously?
>>
>>15487868
because old cars are. even an old isuzu impulse turbo is cheap.
>>
>>15487869
We take them seriously cause everyone else does. Similar logic to paper money
>>
>>15487869
YouTube car mod show, they're funny and do cool shit

https://www.youtube.com/user/mightycarmods
>>
>>15487874
why watch other people work on shit when you can do it yourself instead?

fuck i would pay you to work on mine
>>
>>15487890
I don't watch them
>>
>>15487869
Kill yourself senpai
>>
>>15487894
then do you have time to install stainless brake lines and a shift kit for me?
>>
File: Ad Saab 900 Neutral.jpg (390KB, 996x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Ad Saab 900 Neutral.jpg
390KB, 996x1280px
The classic 900 is a very fine machine, it's just seen as being strange to work with because your average mechanical type has trouble understanding the oddities that it has. Couple of facts:
-Because the car is FWD, the Longitudinal slant-4 engine is mounted "backwards" so the crank is at the front.
-The transaxle is bolted directly to the bottom of the oil pan. Unlike Minis, however, there is a separate sump for trans and engine oil.
-No sway bars until 1985.
-Turbos after 1985 are 16 valve.

Once you get ahold of this turbo, you should feel very happy! You've got a bona-fide classic. What should you do now?
1. Change oil to full-synthetic and change the filter, regardless of what the previous owner says.
2. Flush the cooling system and change the coolant, regardless of what the previous owner says.
3. Replace all the ignition components--the rotor, cap, leads and spark plugs, regardless of what the previous owner says. (NGK BCP7EVX for 16V turbo, BP7ES for 8V turbo.)
4. Investigate and/or replace all vac lines, regardless of what the previous owner says.
5. Test or replace the bypass valve, regardless of what the previous owner says.
6. Unplug the connector on top of the APC solenoid (located above the radiator, with three large vac lines going out of it, and a connector on top), to check the base boost. Drive the car warm, find an inclining road, go into third and floor it. Note the boost on the CALIBRATED boost gauge, and adjust to 6 psi (0.45 bar). Shorten the actuator rod for higher boost, lengthen it for lower boost.

If you need any more information, drop by http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14 for craptons of support information. Dive deeper into the forums if you want to modify, something that's actually rather easy to do on a classic 900.
>>
>>15487832
Ugly as fuck but for some reason that inline 6 fucking rips rubber man
>>
>>15488219
Great bait mate.
>>
File: 1419743757658.jpg (102KB, 800x1203px) Image search: [Google]
1419743757658.jpg
102KB, 800x1203px
I actually liked how Wasaabi came out. Remember, they were doing a ricer thing like the Civic except more serious.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.