[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New 3/5 series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Are they reliable?
>>
yes, very
>>
my sisters was pretty good for the three years she had it
>>
>>15485617
Sure up until 80k+ just like any BMW.
>>
>>15485617
Who cares? They're not for enthusiasts anymore.
>>
>>15485768
They never were

Enthusiasts only care about older BMW models. In 10 years enthusiasts will be tuning and stancing their f10s 550i's
>>
>>15485790
i hope not.
even the M2 is better than the M4 if you drove them back to back
>>
>>15485617
Yes, they're new, pretty much anything new is reliable for at least a few years. Moron
>>
>>15485790
They were up until and including the E90
>>
>>15485617

So far, yes. It seems they have learned from the E46 / E90 series and ironed out most of the common faults with diesel engines.

Will be interesting to see how the twin turbo petrol ones turn out, the older 3.0 TT was a disaster.

ZF 8 speed seems to be doing pretty well so far, and the manuals have always been good. All good news, I quite fancy an F10 in the near future
>>
>>15485617
The 3 series is above average reliability, but the 5 serie models with the V8 have many problems. Both have minor electrical issues but nothing major. If you are American, I'd disregard most of the popular criticism you'll hear from people. For some reason Americans seem to have a burning hatred for German cars. People here in Mexico and in Europe swear on their reliability, however.
>>
>>15485790
You don't understand the meaning of enthusiast, do you?
>>
>>15485765
how true is this? im looking at a 2005 320i with spot on 80k miles. i can get it cheap and kinda want to try it out.

never worked on a bmw newer then early 80's
>>
>>15488780
never buy a BMW with
1. an automatic transmission
2. a engine with less than 3 litres of displacement
>>
>>15491666

not everyone is american

the b54b22 is fine

>>15488780
thats around the mileage where the cooling system shits the bed and other things start going wrong.

can get it cheapo
>>
File: 362710-15_dblbig.jpg (40KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
362710-15_dblbig.jpg
40KB, 625x415px
>>15485617
>>15488456
>>
>>15485617
Only if you stay on schedule for routine maintenance
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.