[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are parts for the SVX really that hard to get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: svx.jpg (107KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
svx.jpg
107KB, 1280x960px
So I wanna get one of these, but i always read, that the parts are hard to get since its a 6 cylinder from subaru. on the other hand i hear people say its just like every other subaru and you can exchange everything. so which one is it? is it reliable enough to be a daily driver?
>>
Every single one I've ever seen on craigslist was broken down
>>
>>15485051
well im from germany and switzerland is close (they bought a lot of em) and most seem to be running that are sold here and they also all have the transmission problems fixed.
>>
>>15485016
Ive drive many and worked on many
Keep in mind that this was 15 years ago.
But in my experiance they are the most reliable subaru made.
Just add a trans cooler.
Parts never seemed to be an issue back then. But may be now.
I would think most normal parts like starters and alternators would be easy.
>>
>>15485079
well thanks. that gives me hope.

so its basically most standard parts are compatible, but some parts are special? hmm that sounds nice.
>>
>>15485079
>in my experiance they are the most reliable subaru made.

Hah, usually GTs are the least reliable cars in any brands lineup because all of them are loaded with unnecessary gadgets.
>>
seems to me that with the internet, anything can be gotten. even if its a bit pricier.

Subaru in general tends to make reliable cars, at least nothing with any huge issues. in that car the biggest issue is a poorly cooled transmission. Supposedly later models of it, (past 93 or so) had factory installed cooler kits or some such thing, but its something to keep in mind anyway
>>
>>15485016
I'm surprised they try to make the cosmetic plastic over the grille a lightbar, like the Mercury sable, considering their design intent
>>
File: subaru-svx-12.jpg (347KB, 689x433px) Image search: [Google]
subaru-svx-12.jpg
347KB, 689x433px
As an SVX owner of 8 years, I can say that replacment parts arent really that hard to find. However, aftermarket parts arent readily available and when they are, you will PAY for it. You can add the trans cooler if you want but swapping in a 5 or 6 spd is the best option. The SVX isnt really a car you purchase to mod the hell out of and make it into a track star. But with some supporting mods, 5spd swap and a slight re-store it makes a pretty sweet car.
>>
>>15486957
damn clean
>>
>>15486957
i really wanted this nice beauty SVX that was for sale in my area for cheap but I felt that going for a manual tranny in a low tech car would a more valuable experience for me
>>
>>15486984
What do you mean? Also, shit posting SVX pics for fun
>>
>>15487024
If I bought the svx I know I'd probably never manual swap it and I wanted my first car to be a manual
>>
>>15486957
2 million hours in paint
>>
>>15487047
Ah, I see what you mean. Ive had mine for 8 years and havent done the swap. Just about 7 months ago the center diff went out on me. I could spend close to $1000 and get a brand new one installed but I chose to wait and save up 2200 for the swap
>>
>>15487062
Yeah but they're beautiful cars. Maybe I'll get one in the future but the real baby I want to save for is a Mazda JC Cosmo .

I wish Subaru made stuff like the svx and XT more. It's a shame they got so safe and cushy with the wrx sti
>>
>>15486957
HAHA I know where you live. I see this fucking car all the time and I am in love with your car.
>>
File: 622201620258.jpg (92KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
622201620258.jpg
92KB, 640x360px
>>15487107
I wish I could say that was mine brother. I should have specified in the post. Pic related is mine...not nearly as nice as that one

Had to resize pic, hopfully it isnt shitty
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.