[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bosozoku bike parts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1352306566833.jpg (175KB, 800x555px) Image search: [Google]
1352306566833.jpg
175KB, 800x555px
I've got a Honda CB750C I'd like to turn into a Bosozoku "inspired" bike. Trouble is, where the hell do you find the fairings? I was told by a friend that a lot of them are just standard fairings that are mounted way high up, but another said that all of them, without fail, are custom creations. I feel the answer lies somewhere in the middle. Anyone here into these bikes?
>>
The bike in question. This was taken almost 5 years ago, and a younger me may or may not have taken parts off of it for another CB750C.
>>
>>15469927
Thank you for your service.
>>
File: Bawww.jpg (137KB, 613x730px) Image search: [Google]
Bawww.jpg
137KB, 613x730px
>wanting to ruin a decent bike

Ayy lmao
>>
File: cyclone-1.jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cyclone-1.jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
>bosozoku
>not Sentai'n ya shit

Fuck'n A S S D E A D D I C K S cunts
>>
>>15469946
>>15469927

I sometimes really don't get /o/.

The bike is going to cost money to make it run again. I can spend an arm and a leg making it "original," and having a DOHC CB750, a bike worth at most $2000. Which is, if I could find the right buyer, on the right day.

Or, I could make it something kind of cool. Except I don't want a Cafe racer or a wannabe chopper, because every numbnuts on the east coast has one. So if it isn't going to be stock, why don't I try doing something that's really kind of unique and different? I already like Bosozoku things, why don't I make a boso-esque bike?
>>
>>15469979
Joke's on you, I live in Michigan.
>>
>>15469974
>Cuckold: the post
>>
Sounds like a cool project. I figure the answer to your question is a modified stock fairing with extra material to make it fit correctly. Honestly I'd start with exhaust and do the front fairing last. If you want to do a custom one look into custom fiberglass. Lots of people do this in the classic hot rod scene.
>>
>>15469910
they're standard fairings mounted high, look up cafe racer parts and adapt. a half fairing should do the look and not be too expensive. straight pipe it 4-into-2 so it has the right bimbimbaaah sound and practice your revving and swerving. also get mechanic overalls and have them embroidered.

Your pic is a guy from Sceptre, I can see a little bit of his back patch.
>>
You can get fairings from a company called Airtech Streamlining in California, but they don't make the clear bubbles for the top. I think they have links on their website for companies that sell bubbles. You'll have to make the seat yourself.
>>
File: 0030-018.jpg (391KB, 977x1400px) Image search: [Google]
0030-018.jpg
391KB, 977x1400px
Make the bike loud as fuck, it's the true spirit.
>>
>>15474583
>sceptre

NIGGER, IT'S "SPECTRE". DON'T MAKE ME GO BLACK EMPEROR ON YOUR FUCCBOI ASS
>>
>>15469910
No they are the most disgusting thing to ever happen to motorcycles, worse than people who ruin bikes to make cafe racers.
Kill yourself OP.
>>
>>15469974
You come across as someone who does not ride motorcycles.
please weeb your bike up m8.
>>
>>15474716
you're most likely a small child, I do not want another assault charge. please don't fiteme
>>
>>15469910
>cb750
no
you have to use a 400 or smaller
the true japanese way
>>
>>15473277
>>15474583
>>15474701

Thanks for the advice guys. It's definetely long term, but I really like the Bosozoku style for some reason. I also really like cafe racers, but everone and their dog does that to a CB750.

>>15474851
I can't bring myself to chop too many jap bikes nowadays. I'm very fortunate to have two of the same bike, and unless I could come across a clapped out 400, I just don't want to carve up something that's already in one piece.
>tfw I saw a CB550 in the bed of a pickup truck, in pieces, at the scrapyard in town
>and they wouldn't sell it because they said it was a liability to sell used car parts
>>
>>15474620
Oh, hey, I missed your post, sorry about that. I gave them a look, they've definitely got a few I think would work. If I lived in Cali I'd have just driven out to them to see if they could do a mock-up. Knowing now that the boso fairings are just standard ones mounted high, I might try Sids' in St. Pete.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.