[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is RWD overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: lude.jpg (179KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
lude.jpg
179KB, 1024x768px
is RWD overrated?
>>
>>15468630
I will fucking kill you
>>
>>15468634
>>15468638
>>15468689
>>15468695
t. mad white boi
>>
Depends on the power level and age of the car. As well as intended purpose.
>>
>>15468630
As a dd yes, but for track purposes no
>>
>>15468630
Yes. The superior choice for handling, fuel economy and driving pleasure is FWD or, as I've taken to calling it, "Fun Wheel Drive".
>>
>>15468723
handling? how do you figure?
>>
>>15468630
I think it all really depends on the suspension. In /o/, only a few actually tracks cars. People have gotten good times in all drive trains. However, I can agree RWD is the best drive train for "fun". There is a certain finesse while pushing it, and trying your best to correct oversteer in tight corners. But, people on /o/ don't drive to the limit of their vehicles. Maybe some twisty roads, but not losing grip 24/7 and going fast as possible while cornering.

If you look at certain types of racing, different drivetrains are inherently better. For example, rally cars do their best with FWD or AWD due to how much grip and easily correctable they are on slippery dirt/gravel. RWD is amazing on tarmac due to using oversteer as its advantage to corner faster
>>
File: wh5rSyn.png (18KB, 614x252px) Image search: [Google]
wh5rSyn.png
18KB, 614x252px
>>15468723
*understeer intensifies*
>>
File: giphy.gif (610KB, 460x266px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
610KB, 460x266px
>>15469081
>>What is left foot braking?

Neither is superior, they simply demand different driving styles.
>>
>>15469095
RWD is kinda objectively collectively superior, but a car's performance is relative and you are correct about them requiring different driving styles. See the new Civic Type R
>>
>>15469101
I would agree this has historically been the case, but does it still apply?

Wtcc racing regularly pits fwd and rwd cars against each other on tarmac and fwd has been dominant the past few years. Modern tech is closing the gap to the point where it doesn't really matter.
>>
>tfw taking a corner aggressively in my celica

A good handling FWD is a blast when you step on the gas hard and the thing just turns like its on rails.

If the Honda Type Rs were even better than then I understand the hype.
>>
>>15469372
>A good handling FWD is a blast when you step on the gas hard and the thing just understeers like a pig fat piece of shit.
Ftfy
If you stomp on the gas mid turn and your car feels like it's on rails, you're not turning hard enough. You're driving slowly. You're a shit driver.
>>
File: dyrtuj.jpg (50KB, 424x534px) Image search: [Google]
dyrtuj.jpg
50KB, 424x534px
>>15469502
You are literally statistically more hated than I am here, and yet you still think someone gives a fuck about your opinion.

God damn.
>>
>No cheap shitboxes ever come in RWD

Why bother calling it overrated?
You want overrated, look at FWD
>>
File: 5529.jpg (50KB, 385x342px) Image search: [Google]
5529.jpg
50KB, 385x342px
>>15469558
>fatboi thinks his opinion matters

alphonse>brosifine>muhv6

Deal with it, fatass.
>>
File: Me typing my reply.png (65KB, 419x287px) Image search: [Google]
Me typing my reply.png
65KB, 419x287px
We should discuss this more often. I think there are some very insightful opinions here that deserve to be heard. This is a good thread.
>>
File: Laughing.gif (2MB, 230x175px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing.gif
2MB, 230x175px
>>15469596
>furfag has an opinion
>thinks people care

also I've lost over 50lbs and expect to be 50+ more down in around two month's time
>>
>>15469502
>Pigfat

My car weighs 2500 lbs, the so called "lightweight" FR-S weighs 2800+

But yeah keep memeing about fwd while the Civic Type R and Focus ST exists.
>>
>>15468630

Hi guys I am insecure because I bought an overpriced riced out honda on craigslist that is requiring a lot of work right now, so I need to compensate my pleb tier econobox and shitty choices: THE POST.
>>
File: 2dogslaugh.png (216KB, 393x391px) Image search: [Google]
2dogslaugh.png
216KB, 393x391px
>>15469608
>fatass has an opinion
>thinks anybody cares

>I-i've lost weight u guise!!!!
>I SWEAR!!!

lol, stay mad, fatty
>>
>>15469502
Anon thats absurd

The only reason people "hate" FWD is because they dont have experience with good FWD. They drive their friend's/mom's shitbox and go "oh thats all FWD" and then go into a RWD sports car and talk about FWD is trash

Even Tsuchiya "hated" FWD cars until he got a job testing cars, now he's a Honda shill
>>
>>15469558
he's right though. If you're cornering hard and apply heavy throttle while the tires have a lateral load on them you should be losing traction. You're either not in the powerband, cornering well under the threshold or have nopower. if you can stomp it mid turn...
>>
>>15469566
>Americant's will never own a falcodore
haha
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.