[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tank Strength By Country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

http://www.futurebattles.com/en/countries/ranking_land_afv_mbts
>>
File: sheeeet.jpg (699KB, 2026x1292px) Image search: [Google]
sheeeet.jpg
699KB, 2026x1292px
>>15465687
If you're trying to make Russia seem impressive, they're not. The majority of their MBT force are mothballed T-72s and T-80s which are obsolete even with ERA and other upgrades which most don't have. In terms of regular forces Russia is a paper tiger. Their little conflict with Georgia proved how incompetent their leadership and how outdated their equipment really is.
>>
too bad they can't afford to arm any of them
>>
Future wars in which MBTs will be useful: (0)
>>
>>15465762
Quick, someone call the Pentagon and tell them that
>>
>>15465725
This. I wonder how many are monkey models in storage to sell to some poverty-tier country with more money than warfighting experience. Hell, I wonder how many of those actually work, let alone have working weapons and sensors.

>>15465762
>ITT: Vietnam-era armchair general
Truly an entirely useless vehicle with absolutely no doctrine or role to fill. Who the hell wants a 120mm smoothbore and .50 cal. for direct fire, IRNV sensor pack, radio, rocket-rated armor and an intimidating presence on the battlefield anyway? Why can't we just spam CAS? Surely planes will always be able to access wherever you're fighting, and absolutely never subjected to adverse conditions or anti-air fire. Never ever.
>>
>>15465725
They are obsolete against other MBTs but not against shit like buildings, vehicles and people.
>>
File: Syrian Cookoff.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Syrian Cookoff.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>15465860
Ummm have you really never head of ATGMs? We basically hand them out like candy. They're used from buildings, vehicles, and by people. Not to mention the ones we hand out are the sort of old ones that are not up to date and they go through soviet armor like butter.
>>
Russia has World of Tanks so it's not a fair comparison
>>
>>15465687
>Russian propaganda
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 640x480px)
image.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
BBBBRRRRRAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP!!
>>
File: M4-Sherman_tank-European_theatre.jpg (240KB, 1421x804px) Image search: [Google]
M4-Sherman_tank-European_theatre.jpg
240KB, 1421x804px
>>15465687
Russia basically got lucky with the T-34, having had a chance to test out their previous design against the Japanese (who were legit badasses) prior to their engagement with the Axis in WWII.

Its predecessor, the T-26, was so horrible it could be disabled by ordinary foot soldiers.

Russia has been banking on the fame of the T-34 ever since when in reality it was a slightly improved heap of shit compared to the T-26 and only lasted long enough to overwhelm Germany when they conveniently had trouble with their industrial output.
>>
The real question is, how many of those t-72's still work?
>>
File: t34weld (1).jpg (233KB, 999x749px)
t34weld (1).jpg
233KB, 999x749px
>>15465936
Germans still shat their pants when confronted to T34s and KV1s during their invasion of Russia and the reason why the Tiger was created. Yes they were assembled by wild monkeys but when they worked Panzer 3s and early 4s had trouble penetrating their sloped armor, thing the superior german engineering never thought of.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 500x376px)
image.jpg
61KB, 500x376px
>>15465855
Yeah see they're useless
>>
>>15465687
how's this /o/? fuck off back to >>>/k/, i can't stand you operating try hard faggots
>>
>>15467510
tanks are vehicles too my man
>>
>>15467582
they're also weapons, and this thread would be more appropriate on /k/

my man
>>
>>15465936
>$0.05 has been deposited into your account by World of Tanks
>>
>>15467504
>buzzword
>no explanation as to why one of the staples of modern combat is suddenly useless
>no suggestions for improvement to modern doctrines that use MBTs
The only thing useless here is you, you fucking smegma accident.
>>
>>15467582
Right but /o/ isn't /o/-Vehicles, it's /o/-Auto
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.