[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Detailing General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: sexy man with huge bong.jpg (62KB, 964x483px) Image search: [Google]
sexy man with huge bong.jpg
62KB, 964x483px
Detailing thread?

Best place to be autistic about your wash schedule/routine and what wax and shit you use.

>wake up at 6am sharp
>gonna wash, polish and wax my car today hell yeah
>been months since I polished my shit and done a lot of touch up paint recently so good time for a wax
>up early to avoid all the fucking normies commenting like 'heh you missed a spot pal'
>get all my products and tools and put them in the car ready
>wax, polish, brushes, gloves, foam pads, microfibre towels etc
>grab my buckets, hose and such, wash car
>wash car with extra strong mix, plus a tiny bit of washing up liquid and rubbing alcohol
>this way as much of the old wax is stripped as possible
>rinse off car and head inside to get a towel to dry it off
>go back out and it starts fucking raining
>it wasn't supposed to rain today
>deliberately chose this day as it wasn't going to rain, or rain the day after, best chance for the wax to set
>so fucking mad I get the urge to just key my fucking car or go drive it into a wall or something
>go sit inside and just fucking stare into space considering suicide
>go check the weather again, all the reports are updated with rain

Why is looking after a car when you have no garage so much fucking work?
>>
>>15463001
>buy truck
>give zero fucks about exterior
>keep interior spotless
I use to own a detail shop. Loved it about 90% of the time.
>>
Are we greentexting? cool

>do research and load up amazon cart with $200 of polishing supplies
>delete cart because I don't actually give a fuck about polishing my car

I washed it recently and it looks good enough.

>Why is looking after a car when you have no garage so much fucking work?
It gets easier if you stop giving a shit. Nobody else does, given your paint is in decent shape and your car isn't coated in bird shit.

>>15463016
Did your shop do well? make any money?
>>
>>15463038
>Did your shop do well? make any money?
Did well enough to pay the bills. Was mostly fun and shenanigans. I ran into some medical issues though and had to shut it down. Super sucked.
>>
>>15463038
>he doesn't get that sense of pride and fulfilment walking out to a car covered in beaded up rain
Your loss pal.
>>
>>15463073
You can wash and wax and get 95% of the results without spending hours and hundreds of dollars on clay and polish.
>>
File: mr jay leno.jpg (81KB, 750x1015px) Image search: [Google]
mr jay leno.jpg
81KB, 750x1015px
>>15463091
Who said it needs to be expensive?

My entire 'setup' of soap, waxes, polishes, plastic/window/tyre dressing etc, clay, glazes and so on cost me less than filling the tank in my car. Hardly a massive investment for stuff that will last years.

Your point about time is fair enough.
>>
>>15463225
Do you hand polish? I don't think dual action orbitals sell for less than $100...
>>
>>15463854
My idea of 'polish' is putting a (((polish))) on which I understand is 99% fillers that only hide the scratches.
>>
Just got a car I give a shit about enough to wash the shit out of. Any guides or tips on washing it? I have clay bar already.
Also I live in an apartment complex but around the corner there's an outdoor car wash thing rub by some sketchy Mexicans that's probably a front for something. Do you think they'll give a shit if I take forever to detail my car there? Pretty sure it's a front because there's nobody there 99% of the time I pass it to got to the bottle shop. The other 1% looks like drug deals.
>>
>>15465277
Just clay bar it once and then wax it. Find somewhere new to live that has a neighbourhood without mexican fronts
>>
>>15465277
Don't wash your car until you know what you're doing, seriously. You can cause yourself dozens of hours of corrective work on a dark car just from fucking up one wash. Lighter coloured cars are more forgiving.
>>
>>15465737
Thanks! It's a dark gunmetal Grey. Probably saved me some headache.
>>15465530
Not a bad area it's just next to a bad area. Also I'm 20 so idk about buying a home right now.
>>
Mobile Detailing Business Owner here.
Tools you'll need for a successful swirl/scratch free wash.

Three buckets
Three grit guards
Three chenelle wash mitts (lambs wool work as well just more expensive)
Water hose
Soap of your choice

Optional
Pressure Washer
Foam Cannon
Foam Gun

Always wash in a shaded area
Wash the wheels first
Always rinse your mitt after washing one panel
Divide the vehicle in two halves one mitt for the top one for the bottom

Bonus
Use the soapy water after washing the car to clay bar.
Having a pressure washer pretty much eliminates the needs for two mitts because the car is 99% clean after the initial pressure wash
>>
>>15466167
These are just the basics, I forgot to mention that you use bucket number three strictly for the wheels. And if you've got painted wheels you should be using a mitt for the tire itself and a mitt for the wheels because tire paint is the same paint that's on your car.
>>
>>15464983
Uh, depending on the actual polish depends on if it includes fillers or not. M205 is strictly a polish and doesn't have any filling agents in it.
>>
I recently went crazy and polished and waxed it the second time, atfer some fucking asshole bird nigger fucking sat on it with it's nigger claw feet and scratched it that fucking cunt bitch bird
>>
File: noice.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
noice.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
>>15466184
>>
>>15466184
Look into applying a coating instead of wax. Like cQuartz. It's way more scratch resistant than wax.
>>
>>15463073
My car beads up but then the water literally never runs off and just leaves water marks every time even after driving around.
Does this mean I put too much wax?
>>
File: jesus.jpg (123KB, 1170x1170px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
123KB, 1170x1170px
I'm going to be waxing my car every 3 months. When I rewax my car, should I be using a different kind of soap to pre-wash in order to strip the old layer of wax, or should I just apply over the old layer?

Thanks.
>>
>>15466204

you mean like calcium watermarks? does you neighbor have a sprinkler or something?>>15466209
strip the old layer with dish soap and apply 2 new coats, then next time 3 coats AND THEN 4 AND THEN 5
>>
File: Water+spots.jpg (227KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
Water+spots.jpg
227KB, 600x402px
>>15466228
Not my photo but it's like this just slightly less severe. It's pretty obvious because the paint is a dark blue
>>
>>15466243

huh, thats weird. Rain normally doesn't do that, because the water is free of minerals and shit.
Either it's really just dirt from the aerosols, or you didn't clay your car and the stains are embedded in the paint already.
Do you park in a parking garage often?
>>
>>15466268
It's a new car to me so it may just be because I haven't clayed it yet. I'll do it next time and see how it goes
>>
>>15466332

If it doesn'z go away with claying you should try a water spot remover and if that doesn't work you have to polish it.
Wax it or seal it after any of these, to prevent any more spots, they suck dick
>>
>>15463038
I think for a lot of /o/tists it's a hobby thing. Like some to relax with and enjoy doing, can't fault that. I don't give a fuck about mine though lol
>>
>>15466650
>relax
>hand washing, claying, polishing and waxing for 6 hours in 25c heat
Go fuck yourself this is torture.
>>
>>15466853

>25C
>heat

Nigga thats cold weather where I live. Grow a pair.
>>
>>15466857
Motherfucker in the north of England anything above freezing is considered t-shirt weather, 25c is utterly ridiculous.
>>
>>15466853

Nigger i do that shit to my car in heat thats about 38c in your fag units
>>
File: 1468948087398-1834242351.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1468948087398-1834242351.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>15466853
Mate...

Rather this than sitting inside.
>>
>>15467352
>buffing tool
Lightweight.
>>
>>15469764
What's that? I apply wax by hand if you were commenting on that.
>>
What's a reasonable profit from exterior detailing? How much from a full wash/clay/wax and how much with paint correction as well?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.