[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Volkswagen Jetta Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (34KB, 300x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 300x189px
Hey guys, i am considering buying a 2003 Jetta for 2,000ish. Its got 162k miles and have some rust. The problems are that the ABS light is on and when i scanned for codes, nothing came up. (Would i be able to pass the e-check in Ohio with this on?) Also, the liner is loose on the arm rests and roof, does this mean there has been water damage? Overall, it seems to be a decent car, but im weary about its problems. Is it worth the money, and opinions on the car itself?
>>
you might be able to get one year of use out of it before its dead.

that car was made in mexico, and it shows.
cars made in mexico are a step below china in quality.
>>
>>15459197
Highly depends on the condition. Mileage itself would tell it's going to be driven much more, but does it seem to be real mileage?
I don't know shit about ABS, but electrical gremlins are a specialty of VWs from that era - not only Mexican built, but also yuro ones - so check every single thing and haggle. You will be to fix something for sure.
Is it AT? Comfy choice, but SAID to not be a good choice in VWs because of reliability and /o/ will bash you for not being a raging teenager. Manuél? Doesn't need to work good now, either, it seems in my VW it had been raped nearly to death.
Gas? Look for mayo under the oil cap. Is it there? Then yup, it's a VW. Diesel? Oh yeah, neighbors you wake up with that rattle will fukking love you. Otherwise, if the owner can confirm things had been replaced on time with some bills with mileage, it's a good choice. The interior is great and it will fall apart but you'll love it at night.
I N S P E C T thoroughly before buying. Good luck.
>>
>>15459205
Its basically a car for getting around college and such. Im hoping it will last over a year or so just for kicks
>>15459360
Its a GL, auto, gas. Im just worried about it being in those floods in the south with the drooping interior

Also, can i get it past the e-check with ABS light on in Ohio?
>>
>>15459197
Mk4s are only good with the tdi or 1.8t engine and manual trans. The 2.0 is shit.

The 1.8t will be leaky by now and could have rotten vacuum lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ut4u10Wi5U

Shut up and buy a civic.
>>
This >>15461497, this >>15461497, and this again >>15461497. The 2.0 is utter dogshit. I own a '03 1.8t and it works fine but I have to fix a lot of problems due to its age. There's just so many negatives with this car. You also HAVE to use synthetic. Due to teutonic """"brilliance"""""" conventional oil will sludge even if you change every 3000 miles. I know this by experience. Parts are noticeably more expensive compared to other cheap cars. My car smells like crayons because the wax seam sealer has degraded in the Texas heat. ...and on and on.

Just get a civic.
>>
>>15459360
Oh, forgot something. There's always bunch of faggots complaining on something good because it's not perfect. Opposite of what they say >>15461497 >>15461542 the n/a 2.0 widely known as 2.slow is one of if not the best engine ever made by VW. It's as unkillable as those in Corollas and Civics. 115 hp paired with auto isn't fast but it's not meant to be, JUST the same as a Corolla.
>>
>>15461497
>>15461542
The 2.slow isn't the worst part of the car. Sure, it's piss weak, but it's sturdy as hell.

The weakest link in the drivetrain here is the automatic gearbox.
>>
>>15461708
>>15461731
Oh look, the 2.0 defense force is awake to defend their shitty purchase
>>
>>15461752
Not even. I drive a car with 1/3 of that power. And guess what? It's still good.
>>
>>15461752
I hated my 2000 Jetta but the best thing about it was the 2.slow. Sold it at 240K miles because of the fucking electrical problems. The engine was a tank.
>>
>>15461449

Ohioan here. What the fuck is an e-check? We don't have any mandatory inspections and shit here
>>
>>15461760
what do you drive with 38 hp
>>
>>15461780
A little Fiat.
>>
Would not recommend unless tdi manual but that is slow as shit. Vr6 is kinda fun and bullet proof, the
24v is cost prohibitive.
>>
>>15461776
Your in the better part of Ohio where no one gives a fuck about emissions. All the counties that do care are up north or around big cities like cleveland. Shits lame>>15461776
>>
>>15461497
>telling somebody to buy a civic in Ohio
Ohio is Puerto rican central, and every civic sells almost instantly, every civic is beat to shit or riced or both

also, OP, your car seller should provide a passing E-Check, tell them to get it checked or you're not going to buy because you shouldn't buy without it. take it to jiffy lube, they do it for free I think and it's fast because nobody actually knows they do it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.