[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

greetings connecticut! are there any car meets/activiting in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (1MB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1000x669px
greetings connecticut!

are there any car meets/activiting in the ct area? I'm staying here for about a year or so. hoping to bring over my rx8 soon. also teach a texas br/o/ how to have my car survive the winter.
>>
I live around there too. I never saw anything interesting like meetups. Then and again, I haven't been looking very long. Wish they'd have a WAT meetup around here or at least Boston.
>>
>>15458627
>>15459081

There was a meet up back in June. I heard it was okay / fun. I missed it though.

Driving in winter is easy though. Just be smart and analyze the terrain while you're driving. I drove my mustang this past winter with all seasons, shit was cash. I was whippin it through the snow
>>
>>15459120
do you think I'd be perfectly fine with all seasons then? and should I was under my car occasionally or even worry about the road salt?
>>
>>15458627
What part of CT you staying in? Former Waterbury/Naugatuck fag here. Do yourself a favor and stay away from there. AIDS isn't fun...
>>
>>15461230
Groton/New London. haven't been out to town (not sure if I should call them a city) from what I hear it's methheads stirring up trouble around here
>>
>>15461066
If you can afford snow tires go for it, at least toss some sand bags in your trunk to help keep traction. And yeah undercoating is good, hose down your undercarriage every week to get clinging salt off.
>>
>>15461066
>>15461270

Okay so admittedly last winter was some weak shit. But nonetheless even on the couple days we had substantial snow I was out driving my mustang with no sand and all seasons, up to 40 miles some days.
That said, you're right near the coast, which means the sea will help maintain a warmer temperature during the winter. So you should get less snow even if it does hit us this year.
I think you'll be fine though.
>>
>>15461330
no monies for snow tires. but right now I have grippy summer tires, should I just get all season? and will do a good washdown
>>15461343
sounds good man, might make it with all season and no bags, never driven in snow pr anything below 40 before
>>
>>15461454
All seasons are better than nothing, but I highly recommend springing for real winter tires, even used ones, if you can scrape together the extra cash.
>>
>>15458627
Danbury here. Simple answer is you can't routinely drive a car around here through the winter AND keep it from rusting. It will rust, and you will have to fix the rust at some point. But probably not in 1 year if you wash it and fluid film it routinely through the winter.
>>
>>15461454

All seasons are fine for 99% of driving. But that one day your stuck in a snowstorm and you HAVE to drive 50 miles winter tires are well worth it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.