[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/. I just bought an 06 Chevrolet Impala LT. What are some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 06-08_Chevrolet_Impala_SS.jpg (101KB, 1532x980px) Image search: [Google]
06-08_Chevrolet_Impala_SS.jpg
101KB, 1532x980px
Hey /o/. I just bought an 06 Chevrolet Impala LT. What are some things I can do to improve my experience?

I'm 19 and this is my first car, I worked very hard for it (paid 2200 for 187,000 miles, but body is mint condition and even my father who's a mechanic says it's worth dropping another motor into if it ever gives).

I did all rotors and brakes and replaced halogen with LED, now I'm just waiting for Walmart to restock the LED resistors so I can figure that out.

Sorry if I am too new to the board to post or haven't lurked enough. I just want to hear opinions. :D

pic unrelated and related: an 06 impala, but not mine. same body condition though.
>>
please don't use blue leds for headlights bro it looks awful on cheaper cars
what are you intrested in cosmetic or performance mods
>>
>>15457012
theyre white LED. :)

And both, desu. Since this is my fist car, I'd wanna try my hand at both.n life I'll eventually get a caar that is already aesthetically pleasing enough for just performance mods.
>>
>>15457012

you can install some coilovers if you're fine with it being less comfortable. Also are those hubcaps or rims?
>>
>>15457129
Rims.

What are the benefits of Coilovers vs Stock?
>>
>impala

nigger/10
>>
>>15456981
have the transmission fluid flushed and the filter replaced.

As to anything else, check out ZZPerformance in the 3800 section. None of the engine parts will fit since the 3800 is a completely different and unrelated engine to the 3500 and 3900 those Impalas used, but you should still be able to use things from their suspension and braking sections. email them or ask them on twitter before buying if you want t be sure.

Their 3800 section is pretty much their section for GM's W-body cars.

>>15457142
coilovers have adjustable ride height within a set range, but it is a static thing. You change the height by adjusting each strut individually with a special wrench.
The downside of coilovers is the ride is a lot harsher.

ZZPerformance is the only place making coilovers for W-body cars.
>>
>>15457142
most coilovers are adjustable so you can lower your car. you can also get shorter springs so it sits lower
>>
>>15457150
I'm white, desu.

>>15457158
Well then, I don't think I'd need or want coilovers. Though they do look cool and I will keep a note about them and what they're for/what they do.

>>15457168
see above.

Anything else I could do besides flush fluid and change filter? Also now that I am thinking of it, I kind of want to stick to cosmetics mods for this vehicle and then performance later.

If it helps for any performance mods or anything:
3.9L V6 4speed Automatic.
>>
>>15457202
idk man me personally I would lower it (you can even cut your existing springs) negative chamber and some new bigger rims. don't bother with spoilers or body kits and stuff pls
>>
>>15457202
>If it helps for any performance mods or anything:
>3.9L V6 4speed Automatic.
Yea, there's no performance anything for the 3.9L engine. If it were one of the older 60* V6's, then yea, you could do some upgrades, but none of the 60*'s with Variable Valve Timing (later 3500's and all 3900's)

You're 3.9L V6 already makes 240 HP and is pretty damned reliable. Just do your fluid changes and maintenance and it should be fine. Speaking of which, change the transmission fluid and filter immediately. It is often overlooked. Should generally be changed every 30-50k, but most people ignore it and never change it. Then wonder why their transmission failed.
>>
>>15457233
>you can even cut your existing springs
DO NOT DO THIS! Only morons do this. It completely ruins the ride (because it alters the spring rate) and you will never get the spring to sit right on the strut again.
>>
>>15457235
>You're
Your*
My mind is frazzled today
>>
>>15457233
No cut. That reduces reliability. >>15457202
Coilovers can have "luxury" springs that make the ride comparible to an older E-class merc.
>>
>>15457233
it already has its own tiny little spoiler. dont need another one. And nah, I don't think I will go for Coilovers. Definitely a future consideration though if I ever feel like I want to mess with the suspension.

>>15457235
This is what I was figuring. The engine is so damn powerful on its own as-is.
=================================
Two things I'd really like to do are:
Get a paint job from white to gray. If I could put the color in hex, it'd be #2d2d2d (which is like a heather gray/dark gray)

Buy and install these because muh lights:
http://www.carid.com/2006-chevy-impala-headlights/spyder-projector-headlights-15320971.html

How big of a faggot am I, /o/? Be honest.
>>
>>15457254
>Coilovers can have "luxury" springs that make the ride comparible to an older E-class merc.
see:
>>15457158
>ZZPerformance is the only place making coilovers for W-body cars.
>>
>>15457261
Oh, my cobalt was given the option. Sorry for being an ignoramus.
>>
>>15457258
I hate cars that are white, gray, silver, or black. Fucking blends into the background. Use some fucking imagination and pick an ACTUAL color. I hate looking at a fucking gray-scale when in traffic. It's why my car is red.

Those lights aren't terrible looking and Spyder products are well-built for the price. I'd go for the chrome housings so it doesn't look modified but whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>15457261
if you paint it that colour the headlights will look good probably. you can tint the tail lights also
>>
>>15457258
>The engine is so damn powerful on its own as-is.
2012+ models were even more so. For 2012, the W-body Impala dropped the 3.5L 3500 and the 3.9L 3900 V6's in favor of the 3.6L High Feature V6... bumping power to 300 HP on all models.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (526KB, 640x760px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
526KB, 640x760px
>>15457278
these are the only 2 other colors I like, and I don't know if they'd look good on the car or not. plus expensive and transportation to job.

>>15457285
Damn, guess I missed out. Sounds like a nice strong ride.
>>
>>15457298
>Damn, guess I missed out. Sounds like a nice strong ride.
From 2006-2009, there was an Impala SS model that got a 5.3L V8 with 300 HP... but they were known for blowing transmissions. Still front wheel drive.

As to the colors, anything so long as it isn't part of a gray-scale.
>>
>>15457308
>knowqn for blowing transmissions

Sounds and looks like it. lol

What color would YOU like on an Impala LT? I want to go with something standard, so gray. But if YOU had to choose, what would you choose? Picture to represent color, if you would like.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (35KB, 750x615px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
35KB, 750x615px
>>15457317
>What color would YOU like on an Impala LT? I want to go with something standard, so gray. But if YOU had to choose, what would you choose?
My favorite color. A dark metallic purple. Not gaudy. Doesn't scream "LOOK AT ME!". and hardly noticeable in most lights.
>>
>>15457346
Not my kind of thing, but definitely nice. But since iut'd be 2-4 days for a paint job, I don't think it's in my see-able future right now. :(
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.