[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How reliable are GTIs? Im looking at this one but Idk if its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

How reliable are GTIs?

Im looking at this one but Idk if its too many miles.

I just dont want to be constantly having to fix it, need a fairly reliable DD for a few years
>>
>want a gti
>doesn't want to fuck with repairs

shut up and get a corolla faggot.
>>
I wouldn't want to own a VW that's not under warranty especially if it's a car that's been presumably hooned during its lifetime like a GTI.
>>
>>15456191
Yeah I just might

not everyone has time to be wrenching all day

I have to go to college and work
>>
That's actually pretty cheap for a 5 year old GTI with that mileage. Makes me think there's a catch or it has accident history
>>
>>15456258
Im not great at spotting shady stuff in the carfax, do you think you could take a quick look

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=07751&endYear=2017&modelCode1=GTI&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&showcaseOwnerId=66947137&makeCode1=VOLKS&startYear=1981&firstRecord=0&maxMileage=100000&searchRadius=100&showcaseListingId=433027033&mmt=%5BVOLKS%5BGTI%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=424252135&Log=0
>>
>>15456282
>Michigan
Found your problem, it's rusted out.
>>
>>15456311
This man speaks the truth
>>
>>15456311
>>15456319
o
>>
You'll look like a cock though
>>
File: 1426708076032.jpg (96KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1426708076032.jpg
96KB, 531x471px
>>15456180
>automatic

Also, they're reliable as fuck, until they're not, then RIP your wallet.
I got one new in 2008, was great, never had a single issue with it until 2014, (When the warranty completely ran out too), in the space of about 6 months, the Exhaust flex joint broke, catalytic converter rusted out, 2 brake calipers needed to be replaced, the sunroof's seal started leaking like fuck, and all the power locks decided to stop working.

Got out of that shit faster than waking up with a 3/10 after a night of drinking.
>>
>>15456180
>Volkswagen
Shit
>>
>>15456333
Aside from the CAT, you just described about 400$ worth of parts with a trivial level of effort to fix yourself.
>>
Is it risky to buy a used TDI?
>>
>>15456491
You'll either pass smog and get a shit car that performs like shit and gets shit gas mileage.. Or you'll fail smog.

You can always revert it back and change it to shit settings to pass smog.
>>
>>15456434
He described a car that started falling apart after only 4 years. There is simply no excuse for this. We're not talking wear and tear here, this is just garbage vw quality in display.
>>
>>15456504
How do you do that?

Also don't a lot of states not do emission testing on diesels?
>>
>>15456180
Not reliable at all and VERY underwhelming to drive.
>>
>>15456180
>2 door
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.