[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used car pricing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 00d0d_3U6slTLPNZJ_600x450.jpg (25KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00d0d_3U6slTLPNZJ_600x450.jpg
25KB, 600x450px
Sup /o/

Buying my first used car, and found this awesome mini on craigslist. I contacted the owner to see if he still has it because the ad was old, and he did.

My issue is that he wants $5000 for it, which i can't afford. It is a 2003 Mini Cooper with around 128000 miles, so the kbb is around $3000. So should I mention that he needs to come down on the price before i go take a look at it so i dont waste his time, or should I just go ahead and take a look at it and then tell him the car is valued much less.

Thanks
>>
Don't, just don't.
>>
I guess I should mention that he says the car is in good condition (obviously I will still take it to a mechanic); but even if he car was in perfect mint condition the value is only $3600
>>
>>15441875
Why not?
>>
Bump. And call me a fag for wanting a Mini, I dont give a flying fuck. The car doesnt matter. Just what would you do in this situation.
>>
>>15441871
If he says $5000 and the ad was up forever, he obviously doesn't want to sell it. Just shoot him an email saying you have $2800 cash if he ever changes his mind but don't get your hopes up. If he has reciepts for all the major 100k work, tell him $3050.

Another Mini will pop up on CL.
>>
>>15441871
Just go put what you have as down payment on a fucking fiesta or sonic or something new-ish. Dont be fucking haggling over a fucking mini.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.jpg (154KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.jpg
154KB, 960x640px
Bump
>>
>>15441891
they have many small problems
one more notable is with the disk brakes and pads wearing out quickly
>>
>>15441891
Because this >>15441885

He is delusional. A fairly priced car on CL should sell within a couple weeks, a month max.

Or the citizens of /o/ could all start emailing him and offerring $800 and make your $2800 offer not look so bad. But dude obviously doesn't want to sell it if he is asking double what it is worth and hasn't lowered his price.
>>
>>15441905
Thanks anon, thats what I needed
>>
>>15441871
tell the guy that the car is only valued at 3000 on kbb and you can find similar ones on craigslist and from local dealers around the 3000 mark(real world price is about 4000 for these despite what KBB says) . Either he lowers it to be reasonable or you walk.

Something very important is being able to walk away. Don't get attached to a specific car because there will ALWAYS be another one being sold by another person. It might take a week or even a month but another will pop up.
>>
>>15441918
Thanks man, I will defiantly look into that
>>
>>15441918
nay-
It all depends on the year. 2003-2006 are good years, but the n14 motors can see things like timing chain issues and carbon buildup.

Later 2011+ are more reliable, but at the end of the day, it's still made by BMW, so OEM parts are a little expensive.

For 5 grand you could get a better deal elsewhere, and if it's not a turbo, don't even mess with it. Base models are useless.
>>
File: 1466834174840.jpg (125KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1466834174840.jpg
125KB, 1224x1445px
>>15441899
Not buy a mini is what I would do in this situation
>>
>>15441931
>Anon
>Pepsifag
Nigger wut
>>
One thing to keep in mind: Regardless of the bullshit price, you can't trust a single goddamn thing a seller on CL says. Forget the condition of the car until you see it yourself.

Two cars I looked at supposedly needed minor work, and they were rusted out wrecks. I bought a Mercedes that turned out to have been rolled back 200k and I had to scrap a month later. Just this month I've looked at two newer cars the sellers swore up and down were fully serviced and ready for a coast to coast trip, and they weren't even safely test driveable.
>>
>>15441871
>buying a BMW Mini
>buying a BMW Mini with 130k
>buying a BMW Mini with 130k you can't afford
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.