[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trailer axle fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1468543661443.jpg (457KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1468543661443.jpg
457KB, 1152x2048px
To those mechanics that deal with commercial trucks and trailers, is this fixable? Driver hit the concrete base of a light pole leaving a parking area.
>>
>>15441862
Fuckin Somalians

Is everything still straight and inline? Or is it going to be one of those trucks where the trailer wheels are sitting 18" to the left of the tractor tires? I see those shipping container trucks tunning like that all the time and it is so fucked up. They will ge driving down the highway with the tractor in the middle of the lane but the rear of the trailer in the other lane.
>>
File: 20160714_195617.jpg (926KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160714_195617.jpg
926KB, 2048x1152px
>>15441889
Trailer doglegs about 2 feet to the right and we just put new tires on the second axle. Looked at the suspension and only the right side is bent, left looks unaffected to the naked eye but it is twisted.

Bonus - managed to squeeze out the real reason for the pole hit - he was playing pokémon go as he was driving in the parking lot.
>>
File: 20160714_195635.jpg (973KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160714_195635.jpg
973KB, 2048x1152px
If you wonder about the open door on the tractor, the driver just left the truck+trailer like this to me as he was getting into his car and leaving for home. We keep a second set of keys in the office and naturally I am the one that has to get this shit fixed.

The boss is going to be very pissed in the morning after I show him the pictures.
>>
dont work on aligning axles on trailers or trucks for that matter. may need aligned. but most likely without seeing the actual undercarrage. i.e all the bs under the trailer on the side that was hit to see if alot was bent. may need new parts rather than an alignment.
>>
>>15441862

RIP. Depends on the damage to the actual frame. A simple alignment wont fix shit, that particular type of alignment system is a pain in the fucking ass as they use a big bolt with a round head that has a little piece that breaks off at a certain torque to prevent loosening. They also don't allow a whole tone of movement and tend to be very stiff as well.

Your best bet is to send it to a truck shop and get them to have a look. If it has to go far though, I would consider getting another trailer with worn out tires and swapping the new ones onto it, just in case it affects the rear axle and scrubs the new tires off.

It isn't going to be cheap no matter how you do this.
>>
>>15441961
>he was playing pokémon go as he was driving in the parking lot.
I hope you sacked that faggot
>>
>>15441862
Its fucked m8, see how the chassis rail has been bent, its structural security has been compromised.
She's had the dick and it will cost a pretty penny to fix.
>>
>>15443202
He is gone and not getting paid because that money will be used to offset the repair bill.

>>15443299
Shop opens in 12 minutes...
>>
Sweet fuck, m8. The axle hanger looks fine, but is that the goddamn monocoque frame that's bent? I don't have much experience with slide axles, but if you're lucky he just bent the slider carriage, and it's only about $6000 to replace one of those.
>>
>>15441961
>Bonus - managed to squeeze out the real reason for the pole hit - he was playing pokémon go as he was driving in the parking lot.

You should post that in the Pokémon Go user forums.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.