[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ELON MUSK IS DONE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 12

File: Capture.jpg (110KB, 1046x893px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
110KB, 1046x893px
3rd "auto pilot" crash is now because the sensors and radars on the 100k car can't tell the difference between metal and wooden barricades

just a few weeks ago someone died because the car couldn't see a big ass semi

when will this meme end?

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/model-x-crash-montana-9.png?w=2000&h=0#038;h=433
>>
File: Capture.jpg (66KB, 958x645px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
66KB, 958x645px
>>15425032

just found out hes being targeted by the SEC when i realized i posted the jpg link instead of the article

http://jalopnik.com/another-tesla-model-x-crash-blamed-on-autopilot-this-t-1783480364
>>
>>15425032
It's not the autopilot's fault, it's the fault of the people who think that it will drive the car for them. You still need to pay attention even with the autopilot on.
>>
Idiots with more money than sense, trusting a first gen autopilot. That specifically warns you to keep paying attention and limit the types of roads you use it on.
>>
File: image.png (698KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
698KB, 640x1136px
>>15425032
>Elon musk is responsible for some rich bimbo whore driving her husbands car and using her laptop
>people's lack of common sense/intelligence is his responsibility

For fucks sake we already have an issue with natural selection not working properly in our society, let these dumb fucks die for all I care.

It's not like Teslas are literally going full terminator and flooring in into a wall
>>
>>15425042
do other car companies have to tell their stock holders about every fatal crash their cars have because a failure or cruise control, lane keeping, abs, etc?
>>
>>15425057
>Autopilot
>But you still need to drive

IS that like alcohol free beer that still puts you over the limit?
>>
>>15425057

>thinking this all encompassing blanket generalized phrase will hold up in court

guess what, the mode claims to have sensors in the wheel that tell's if its being held, just like most passenger side air bags now only enable when a certain amount of weight is sensed

now, obviously anyone could just tape some shit on the wheels to bypass this

but the fact is you dont charge 100K for a car with a bunch of promises and then say its the drivers fault when it fails.

that's like blaming the driver when Firestome tires burst into flames for not having them changed earlier
>>
File: 1465709525914.png (52KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1465709525914.png
52KB, 600x456px
>>15425032
Mercedes and Volvo already have sensors like this in their cars but only Musk would have the hubris to call it an "autopilot".

>when will this meme end?
Only when Tesla goes bankrupt from all the autopilot lolsuits. The marketing is too good for risk to register in the average buyer's mind.

>>15425042
>Jalopshit
>>
>>15425090
It is meant so you can briefly divert your attention to something else or take your hands off to deal with fatigue.

It isn't a Google tier full blown autonomous system with lidar and enough computing power to run Overwatch's online pvp.
>>
>>15425107

it doesnt matter how "brief" these 3 instances could all have occured during similar instances

what the driver was doing while his hands were off the wheel has no affect on the fucking sensors and radars not able to see a big ass fucking semi truck or solid wood
>>
>>15425090
>>15425091
But at the end of the day, the driver should still by paying attention. It doesn't matter how many sensors are on the car or where. If you are in the driver's seat you are at fault.
>>
>>15425095

the s-class can drive itself autonomously, but it requires pressure on the steering wheel

a journalist tied a coke can to the steering wheel and it drove itself down the highway with no problems at all

http://jalopnik.com/this-simple-hack-lets-your-mercedes-s-class-become-semi-1612959314

but yeah, musk needs to do something like this or he's gonna have to shut down shop due to lawsuits from dumb people with too much money
>>
>>15425117

>having an "out" for all your promises and excuses for the MSRP not actually working

thats literally recall and civil suit fodder.

doesnt matter if its a cheap hoverboard or a 100k car, millions of tech company products have had simliar shit

most resulted in all the million yellow stickers on every fucking thing

but "remove the poptarts from their packaging before toasting" as the first step on the directions is a long way away from "all these features wont actually work under this long list of very common situations...thus making it a fake feature and you'll end up dead relying on it"
>>
>>15425126
the latest software already checks to see if you are holding and shakes the wheel to remind you to be keep a hand on it.
>>
>>15425136

>spending more time on firmware updates with gimmicks like this rather than upgrading the sensors and radar system itself which cant see normal man-made objects that have been used by vehicles and road construction for centuries
>>
Maybe if everyone wasnt so fucked up on prescription drugs and selfish conceit we wouldnt need this orwellian bullshit.

Maybe if Jew Insurance companies didn't want very specific data to facilitate disclaiming responsibility and putting onus onto the driver, and compiling advanced behavior metrics, life wouldn't be so horrible.
>>
>>15425117
unfortunately, that opinion is not shared by a lot of normies who think 'autopilot' means they can go on twitface to their hearts content while behind the wheel.
>>
>>15425140
they're doing both.

There is only so much you can do with out slapping a LIDAR on it.
>>
>>15425140

it would cost millions to bring every car in to upgrade the sensors to the level that would be able to handle true autonomy

even when a plane is in autopilot, the pilot still needs to have his hand on the stick

i hope all of these people that wreck because they over estimated the cars dont see a dime
>>
>>15425135
What about autopilots on commercial airliners? Sometimes planes crash, but you don't see pilots blaming the computers. Why? Because it is the pilot's job to fly the plane. Just because some people are too stupid to look out of a window doesn't mean that the system is bad.
>>
>>15425164

>billionaire created the cars for cheap to claim its a pat-on-the-back cruisade vs the oil companies

>now going to try an pull the cost card when he jews out on promises and hype
>>
>>15425164
airliners that haven't been Snackbared, crashed from autopilot over reliance or autopilot failure.

Boeing and Airbus keep on selling airliners with autopilots.

Airliner autopilots can actually make the airplane take off, fly the route, and land. Not just hold it inside some painted lines of a lane.
>>
>>15425164

>comparing the violent sudden casualty of a car's autopilot failing vs a plane's

nigga a jumbo jet literally has auto pilot and no, they dont need to hold the fucking stick at all times cause the reaction times are night and day from what would happen

also theres beeps and other shit that inform the pilots

they arent feet away from impact when the and IF the AP fails like a car is
>>
>>15425176
>make the airplane take off
>Land
Doubt any pilot worth his salt would trust a computer to take off or land the plane.
>>
>>15425165

the auto pilot feature is used when its already at its altitude and set into its GPS, its not fucking used for the taxiing and takeoff/landing
>>
i remember some dude being decapitated in a honda civic because he hit a street lamp at like 110 mph on city streets, but i dont recall people suing honda for making a tin can shitbox and marketing VTEC for its race-inspired power band
>>
>>15425185
Asiana Airlines Flight 214 crashed because they pilots let the computer land the plane. It went down too fast and smacked into the dirt before the runway.
>>
>>15425185

>MUH DONT TAKE MUH JOBS EVIL ROBOTS!

>BASEBALL IS BETTER IWTH HUMAN FALACIES!

>I CAN FLY DRUNK IF I WANT!
>>
>>15425184

you've obviously never been in an actual cockpit

my dad owned a cessna with autopilot and he kept his hand on the stick at all times just in case
>>
>>15425191
Yes, I know that. That is what I was saying. When a plane crashes it has little to no relation to the autopilot systems.
>>
>>15425206
except a lot of recent crashes have involved autopilot.

do I need to summon /n/?
>>
>>15425200
Exactly.
>>
>>15425203

they literally use AP on purpose to keep all the other flights at a safe distance, PRECISELY to rule out human error

watch any flight documentry ,once up to altitude, they flip switches and let go and the FAA controlled flight patern takes over

only time they make adjustments is when other flights need to deviate from their pattern for weather or other shit
>>
>>15425032
These crashes should not have occurred in the first place - if the driver was paying attention at all. He's even said the the responsibility ultimately falls on the driver.

It's a BETA project and BETA should be a red flag telling you to pay attention while the car is in auto pilot.

PAY ATTENTION. Don't ruin autonomous driving for the rest of us.
>>
>>15425214
autopilot over reliance is a huge problem in the airline industry.

two pilots overflew their destination by hours because they were busy doing paper work on laptops while the autopilot flew.
>>
>>15425212
Allow me to rephrase; When a plane crashes it's not the autopilot's fault.
>>
>>15425224

>more "outs"

>literally steam greenlight jewishness

>costs full price but comes with an all encompassing "out" to nullify any criticism
>>
>>15425091

>but the fact is you dont charge 100K for a car with a bunch of promises and then say its the drivers fault when it fails

actually you can, and that's what Tesla did.

>that's like blaming the driver when Firestome tires burst into flames for not having them changed earlier

it really isn't the same
>>
>>15425234
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asiana_Airlines_Flight_214
>>
>>15425220

since you obviously haven't even been in a plane, here's what really happens

say you're flying from Orlando to NYC, while you're going through you'll radio each tower between the two points and they'll give you a heading and an altitude to maintain. you put that into your gps and it will tell you exactly what your relation is to that heading and how far you need to turn, how far away you need to shift left/right/up/down to get on that path. you can do this with the stick, and then just keep it on that point between towers until you're given a new heading, or you put it into autopilot and it will take over.

so it's not that autopilot is keeping you at a safe distance, it's that the tower is giving you a heading to keep you miles apart and autopilot is just keeping you from following the mind-numbing task of keeping a plane on a specific path.
>>
>>15425241
And? If you are the pilot of a plane it is your responsibility to safely deliver the plane and its passengers/cargo to the destination. If the plane crashes like that one did, you have failed to do your job as a pilot.
>>
>>15425240

>tires dont do what they should

>car's radar and sensor system doesnt do that they should

>C-COMPLETELY DIFFERENT !!!
>>
>>15425238
I don't understand this "out" you're speaking of.

This is an experiment. It's the first of it's kind to ever be implemented on public roads - why don't you think it shouldn't be the drivers responsibility?

Tesla gave "outs" before these crashes even occurred. When the product was first introduced the "out" was clearly given - I don't even have a Tesla and I know what they said. These buyers are putting too much faith on this technology when it's an experimental project - and they should've realized that before they bought the car. Because it was very clear.
>>
>>15425259

>I DON'T WANT TO TAKE RESPONSABLITY FOR CRASHING MY CAR

>THE COMPUTER DID IT!!!! THE COMPUTER CRASHED MY CAR!!!!
>>
>>15425088
No because drivers are in control with other manufacturers.
>>
>>15425256

thats what i said dumbass

bottom line is, the sensors are shit

this has nothing to do with human error, the fucking sensors cant differentiate wooden barricades or big ass semi trucks from safe passage ways

he's already in hot heat from car dealers in america which he's jew'd by simply not having phsyical humans at the show rooms and instead you buy the car from their kiosks to get around the loophole of what defines a "middle man"

now hes about to get cucked again for his shitty technology

plus what ever the SEC is now going at him about
>>
>>15425265

you cant spell out without an /o/
>>
>>15425259

it would be different if firestone advised you to take your tires off the wheel before each trip so that you can make sure they wouldn't detonate along the way

tesla said 'this is just so you can relax on highways and take in a bit more of the scenery. don't take your hand off the wheel and try to pay as much attention as possible, this system isn't perfect'

what did people do?

'BAH I LUV INSTAGRAMIN WHILE MY CAR DRIVES ITSELF DOWN THE ROAD, I CANT WAIT TO TAKE A NAP BEHIND THE WHEEL, FUCK I LOVE THE FUTURE'

then they get beheaded because they weren't paying attention and trusted the car too much

but really, only 3 wrecks and this autopilot has been public for how many months? that's pretty impressive.
>>
>>15425149
>is worried about orwellian bullshit
>not the huxely bullshit you weren't aware of.
>>
>>15425259
The Tesla is working exactly as advertised - that's why it's different. It's a BETA product. If they had advertised "CLOSE YOUR EYES WHILE DRIVING" then it would be the same. They hardly advertised autopilot and when they did they cautioned it was a beta product and the responsibility falls on the driver.

This isn't like unintended acceleration this is a beta system that should be expected to fail.

In fact it fails all the time and people take over - it loses sight of the traffic lines, it can't see because of weather - and the driver simply takes over. Why are these crashes any different than these scenarios?
>>
>>15425267
Mercedes has a system that is just as capable as the Tesla Autopilot.

Multiple companies have radar assisted cruise control and emergency braking. Have you not seen the Subaru Commercials?
>>
>>15425282

i drive my car with my hand using the bottom rungs while in cruise control

why the fuck would i pay 100k for a car that now requires me to keep my arms up at 10 and 2 the entire time?

the only gimmick these cars have is the automatic adjusting cruise control when other faggots are going just 1mph slow enough to where you eventually catch them and then have to either disengage your CC and then they suddenly speed up and now you either speed up as well or just stay at the new speed, either way fucking up your efficiency.

but even the new "cheaper" versions are 30+K

you can get a Prius Eco for like 20K and lease it and still come out ahead

buying any thing battery opperated is stupid cause they cost as much as the car to replace it and Tesla will be out of business in a few years anyways
>>
File: cactus.gif (2MB, 436x342px) Image search: [Google]
cactus.gif
2MB, 436x342px
>>15425292
Yes but they aren't advertised as genuine autopilot.

And 2bh, all these memes from Teslashills about how their fucking iCars are perfect in every way, now i want Tesla to fail hard so they shut the fuck up. Also disregarding the fact that they whine when industry rules are applied to Tesla yet they want Tesla to be a respected auto manufacturer? They can all get fucked with a cactus.
>>
>>15425286

plenty of cars have the auto-braking

i dont see them having issues

and all those cars literally have ads where the person is looking away and the car brakes for them

this fucking shit wouldnt even see the thing infront, which is what happened in the truck death and now this scenario

sorry but keksla is done
>>
>>15425304
>and all those cars literally have ads where the person is looking away and the car brakes for them
To me, this is the epitome of a failed society.
Auto manufacturers are literally advertising poor driving skills as a feature.
>>
>>15425311

those other car makers show the system working in its exact anticipated scenario

they didnt try to hide behind an out

theres literally no difference from all those cars being in CC and the braking system doing what it does vs what Tesla promises

OJ Simpson lost his civil suit after the original case, same shit can happen to Musk just because he may get off in normal court
>>
>>15425329
i'm thinking of a recent Chrysler commerical where an actor is literally advertising his distracted driving.
I'm like what the actual fuck
>>
>>15425338
here it is.
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/A5Mp/2017-chrysler-pacifica-good-for-your-dad-brand-ft-jim-gaffigan
>>
>>15425081
>tesla killing off the stupid bimbo whores.
can Elon get any more based?
>>
>>15425346
>doesn't understand stupid bimbo whores have uses

He should've started with the pakis
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>15425351
Musk is moving the last of Good Humanity to Mars.
>>
it's less the fault of the marketing and promise and more the fault of all the viral vids of people doing whatever bullshit while autopilot runs to show it off and get views

just up the hands-on-wheel requirement by some seconds. i think its once every 30 seconds now but up it to once every 15, and you have to hold the wheel for five seconds at least

better than that? sensors to detect where the user's eyes are looking
>>
>why didn't a car with semi-automatic driving capibility in a beta test phase completely drive itself so I can Netflix behind the wheel and mind no attention at all?!
>>
>>15425378
>implying carburetors work on mars
he can take the shit to mars
>>
>>15425383

>sensors on if the users eyes are looking

how does that work when sunglasses are on?

which is 99% daytime driving

where I live theres literally 16 hours of daylight and a huge winery area because of it

maybe if elon musk developed the transition lenses that glasses have to the car windshield (which does exist but is expensive as fuck) rather than "jew pilot" he'd be more touted

he could lease that technology to every car maker
>>
>>15425057
The autopilot isn't an actual autopilot and you still have to sit there waiting to quickly grab control if your car decides it can drive through a truck, LMAO
>>
>>15425467
Yep, that's the gist of what I posted.
>>
>>15425487
So it's semi-autopilot being sold as autopilot, therefore useless and dangerous
>>
>>15425497
the feature is called Autopilot. But Tesla does not sell it as an autopilot.

the fault is with the retards on the internet that show off how the car can drive it self by doing things they shouldn't. That are making other people not pay attention and drive the car.
>>
>>15425497
Do you even know what autopilot actually is or does? The only thing Tesla has done incorrectly in this situation is not idiot-proof their advertising enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 1242x1070px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 1242x1070px
>>15425505
Seems that they are selling it as auto pilot.
>>
>>15425531
They should just put in a huge EULA that states you are responsible for your own safety when using the Autopilot. That lists all the current technical shortcomings. Waiving Tesla and Musk from liability when your car drives through a bus full of nuns because you were jacking off in the back seat to loli anime.
>>
>>15425531
Do you know what the word autonomous means?
>>
>>15425545
Yep.
>>
>>15425536
What are they doing?

No lawyer would have allowed that to get published. Nor would any engineer.
>>
>>15425543
>jacking off in the back seat to loli anime.

Can't wait to do this once cars become truly autonomous.
>>
>>15425547
So you know that something that needs constant supervision and possible human control is not infact acting independently
>>
>>15425559
Supervision does not equal direct control. If you have a supervisor at work, for example, that does not mean that he is standing over you controlling you like a puppet. You can act independently. Autonomous simply means that the car is capable of making decisions and manipulating the controls on its own.
>>
>>15425575
No it would be like the supervisor constantly with me and watching me with utmost concentration whilst I work and be prepared to take over at any moment or in a split second I can kill us both. That is not independence.
>>
HOLY SHIT! People who are in the drivers seat not paying attention to the road are getting in crashes? What's next? People who can't swim drowning? The madness!
>>
>>15425584
I'm talking about machines, not people. That was only an example. The important part was.
>Autonomous simply means that the car is capable of making decisions and manipulating the controls on its own.

Are you saying that the car doesn't do that?
>>
>>15425604
It is not capable of making the decisions and manipulating the controls of the car in place of the pilot (driver), no.
>>
>>15425628
Yes, it is. There are videos of it working. The issue is not the autopilot, it is peoples' over-reliance on the autopilot. There is a reason why pilots land the plane manually. An autopilot doesn't have to replace the pilot entirely. The plane would be called a drone at that point.
>>
>>15425585

you realize 99% of manufacturing, including the Tesla cars themselves are dont entirely by autonomous machines that manage to sense and use radar to do their jobs and if something is wrong they correct or shutdown automatically
>>
>>15425550
it can do those things automatically though
just...while you're paying attention
>>
>>15425676
the paragraph is misleading and leaves out some information.

it is way over selling the capabilities.
>>
>>15425657
I am not saying it doesn't work, just that because you have to constantly monitor the road and car anyway it is not truely autonomous and is pretty fucking useless
>>
Is Tesla not getting sued over the deaths?
>>
>>15425690
no.
>>
>>15425696
So when the people die the family members are just like "oh too bad?"
>>
>>15425700
it's an opt-in feature which means it is not enabled by default, you have to go through many different prompts to enable it and you receive many warnings about it being in a beta phase and potentially causing accidents.
>>
>>15425688
But it is autonomous. It can complete actions without input from a driver. That means that it is autonomous in the regard that it is capable of manipulating the controls and making decisions. As I said before, it's not a drone. The autopilot is an assistant and nothing more.
>>
>>15425710
Wow, and people do it anyway? God damn.
>>
There are three kids of people against autopilot (and indeed, any new technology):

1. The typical pussy. This type is afraid of change, of new and unfamiliar things. Even when show statistical evidence that something is safer or better than what we already have, they remain stubbornly opposed. Most of these people are women and nu males

2. The regulator/liberal. This type is in favor of a strong, protective central government that makes personal decisions for its citizens in the name of safety and security. Many of these types profess to care about individual rights, but the one right they are dead-set against is personal liberty. The purport to care about safety, when in reality what they want is control and regulation. Most of these types are, again, women and nu males.

3. The special interests. These types belong to industries or trades that are threatened by innovation and competition. Worker's unions invariably fall into this category, as they see all new ideas as a direct threat to their carefully maintained monopoly. In the case of autopilot, this category includes truck drivers, cab drivers, traditional automakers and several others. Most of the people in this group are low skilled male workers.

As with literally anything else, the question "is it safe" must be answered with "compared to what?" There is no such thing as absolute safety. You can be killed by the silk scarf you're wearing.

So tell me, which category of trash do you fall into?
>>
File: FreeBait.jpg (40KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
FreeBait.jpg
40KB, 699x637px
>>15425745
>Using political terms on the automotive board.
>>
>>15425721
It can be autonomous but the system is only good enough that it has to be done under constant supervision. If it was truely autonomous it wouldn't need that supervision. What the fuck is the point of even having it in beta form?
>>
File: 1458012941409s.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1458012941409s.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>15425758

>anything I disagree with is b9
>>
>>15425745
And then there's the people who support crappy new technology just because "huur it's new and shiny it's tha future! !! (But not really)"
Typically pseudo intellectual wannabe nerds who thought Steve Jobs was the pioneer of communication technology who think anyone who disagrees with their narrative is a "poor and stupid lower class pleb" fit into this category
>>
>>15425763
Like I said it is an assistant. Moreover, you don't have to use it. See >>15425710
>>
>>15425774

>car that can drive itself
>crappy new technology

I bet you thought airplanes were a bad idea because a few of them crashed
>>
>>15425771
>Assuming that I disagree
>Literally looking for an argument.
>>
>>15425758
4chan's been using words like that since 2003.
>>
>>15425779
> can drive itself, straight into a Brick wall
so can my car but I don't need some shitty hipster auto pilot mode to let go of the wheel and have it veer into oncoming traffic
>>
>>15425671
Those operate in a highly controlled, fixed environment, not the fucking highway with random idiots operating heavy vehicles at high speed.
>>
>>15425032
GM is done. It had over 1000 crashes of its cars last year.

Mercedes is done. It had over 1000 crashes of its cars last year.

Ford is done. There were over 1000 crashes of ford cars last year.

BMW is done. There were over 1000 crashes of its cars last year.
>>
>>15425776
An automatic transmission doesn't assist you in changing gears, it changes them for you. An autopilot feature should not assist you but automatically pilot the car.
>>
>>15425803
Changing gears and driving the car are two very different things. As you may know, the road is an unpredictable place and accounting for and reacting to events as a human would is difficult for a computer. Context is important.
>>
God fucking dammit, there are literal shils on board right now doing damage control for this shit in /o/ for some time now.

And you don't tell me that people who defend it are regular posters.
>>
>>15425081
You do realise that we have no natural selection anymore?
Calling a kid that died doing a stupid hobby being selected is just stupidity.
The only "natural selection" there is, is people like you and me not fucking cause we are addicted to Games/Internet/Media.
Now fuck off, shitspitter
>>
>>15425828
>Anyone who doesn't share my opinion on the matter is a shill.
>>
>>15425824
I understand that it is extremely complicated and it is an amazing piece of tech but there is a reason it is still in beta and still needs supervision
>>
>>15425828
Stop believing /o/ is important enough for non-indigenous trolls.
>>
>>15425032
When retards stop sleeping behind the wheel, it's suppose to reduce the load of mental stress on a long drive not to fucking drive for you
>>
>>15425855
Yes, and the drivers should treat it as such. Expecting something still in beta to work perfectly is the mistake that these people are making.
>>
>>15425858
> teslacucks get "a load of mental stress" when cruising down a highway
Roflmao
>>
>>15425865
>teslacucks
>cucks
>>>/pol/
>>
>>15425841
>Anybody who defends that autopilot shit is an obvious vehicle/driving board regular

Now, if your an actual shill or just some little person who takes the time to defend his shit tastes were they aren't welcome, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>15425873
>were they aren't welcome

Do you own the board or something? Hiroyuki, is that you?
>>
>>15425873
Who's defending it? I'm just making fun of you spaz and your fantasies of total destruction for Tesla.
>>
>>15425884
>hurr durr why don't you let me be a retarded faggot, you dont own the site

>>15425894
>OP claims tesla is done, obviously referring to the autopilot gimmick
>y-you guys advocating death to tesla and wanting to piss on that musk guys grave
>>
>>15425923
>You don't agree with me, therefore you are retarded.

I really hope that you are a troll and not that far up your own ass.
>>
>Beta doesn't work
>wew shut it down!

Good. Stocks will likely dive. Perfect time to buy some.
>>
>>15425185
L-1011 had zero problem with it, and it was one of the first.
The great thing about autopilots and planes is that they operate mostly in empty space with predictable conditions.
>>
>>15425212
/n/ is hyper retarded and should never be trusted.
>>
>>15425940
Exactly.
>>
>>15425930
You right fella! Mediocre is more accurate to define people who do the effort to talk against driving and people who like to do it in fucking /o/, but it's still a pretty retarded thing to do.
>>
>>15425963
>talk against driving and people who like to do it

What? Where am I doing that?
>>
>>15425967
No IDs on the board, I know you're a newfag but there is no way to check posts without it.

And in all my posts I was talking about people who did so over this and other threads, maybe if you realized it you wouldn't take shit personally and shilling for free.
>>
>>15426021
>take shit personally

Says the man with a vendetta against Tesla for no reason.
>>
>>15425257
>And? If you are the pilot of a plane it is your responsibility to safely deliver the plane and its passengers/cargo to the destination. If the plane crashes like that one did, you have failed to do your job as a pilot.
Honestly, more people should think this way. I'm tired of weak minds blabbering like
>b-but it wasn't my fault because x, y, and z.

How about fuck you for crashing you dumb shits? I don't fucking care if God grabbed the top of your car and flung it into another car. If you were a contributing factor you should face the consequences.
>>
File: elonmusk.jpg (138KB, 1580x889px) Image search: [Google]
elonmusk.jpg
138KB, 1580x889px
>>15425032
No one cares about idiots killing themselves. In fact, I'm glad it's happening and I will personally put in a buy order of 1000 shares of TSLA tomorrow when the markets open to express my support of the systematic elimination of idiocy from our gene pool.

Tesla is the only American auto manufacturer doing anything exciting. Meanwhile Ford and GM are busy sucking themselves off putting out vehicle after shitty vehicle so long as they find a way to slash costs the next quarter without losing too many buyers.

Ford and GM are literally Wal Mart tier and you fucking idiots yap on about EcoShit while Elon Musk is single-handedly saving America and you weeabs couldn't be any less grateful.
>>
I can't wait until a black person dies in a Tesla and some activists claim the autopilot has been programmed to be racist.
>>
>>15426077
> receiving free tax dollars to buy Chinese parts and assemble shitty cars that kill the owners
Truly saving America. Sounds exactly like gm to me
>>
>>15425032
>literally a couple of incidents
>ITS OVER
>meanwhile toyota, VAG, and BMW are okay despite the fact that they sold millions of faulty products in the past
>>
>>15426169
BMW has never killed anyone
>>
>>15426180
Sure they have. No automaker has ever not killed anyone.
>>
>>15426180
http://m.automotive-fleet.com/news/253680/bmw-expands-multiple-model-recall-for-brake-problem
These are a lot more serious than any auto pilot issue because you need brakes
>>
>>15426277
>reeeee my brakes are squeeling so I shall not use them
>>
>>15425095
>Mercedes and Volvo already have sensors like this in their cars but only Musk would have the hubris to call it an "autopilot".
this. it's just typical Elon Musk marketing faggotry. There is nothing innovative about any of his products. Of course the average hipster can't tell and falls for the hype anyway.
>>
>>15425671
>confirmed for never having been in a factory

shit gets fucked up all the time
>>
>>15425091
>that's like blaming the driver when Firestome tires burst into flames for not having them changed earlier

But if Firestone says you need to change them earlier or they could burst into flames, and you ignore this and fail o change them early enough, and they subeaquesntly burst into flames, how is that not the fault of the person responsible for the vehicle?
>>
>>15425671
No fucking waay! These automatiated robots KILL PEOPLE BTFO TESLA REeeeeeee
>>
>call it autopilot
>people die
>"well it's not actually an autopilot"
california everyone
>>
>>15425057
When you market it as AUTO PILOT you better expect the average mouthbreathing consumer to use it as such, regardless of the warnings! Especially when your particular mouthbreathing consumer is one who worships technology and has a severe gadget fetish (average tesla buyer).
>>
>>15426277
You don't lose your brakes when the booster fails, dumbass. You just have to press harder.
>>
>https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/model-x-crash-montana-9.png?w=2000&h=0#038;h=433

I thought The Model S redefined safety standards?

That looks like a standard small offset impact crash, and the fucking doors are sheared off.
>>
>>15426201
>>15426277
Not the way Toyota killed people with the stuck accelerator pedal or how VAG has killed maybe thousands of children with NOx
>>
>>15426590
I hate what tesla stands for as the next guy but
1. That door isn't sheared off
2. The safety of a car is related to how the occupants fare in a crash, not the car itself
>>
Tesla will die anyway as soon as people realise batteries will not magically improve in the next 10 years. You can make a lot of money with Hipsters, but you can't survive as a car manufacturer.
>>
>>15425090
No idiot, it's like an oven you turn on to cook your food. You still need to watch it and be aware of the potential hazards associated with leaving it unattended
>>
>>15426897
That would just be a car then. It's more like a bread maker, but one that catches fire and spits dough all over the place.
>>
>>15425136
Shaking the wheel? Sounds lovely, and safe.
>>
>>15426700
There are much better batteries out there. The profit margin on them stinks though.
>>
>>15425224
I am all for Tesla.
I am all for Autopilot.
I am not defending tards.

But I do not think it should be public.
This level of autonomous help should be skipped for good.

To me, it looks like an unsolvable problem, as it gives too much help. If you don't have to pay attention, continuously, you cannot react the same way you would without the help. And I don't think there is a solution for this. It's how people work.
>>
>>15425684
>>15425536
This pretty much.
When the last accident happened I checked Tesla's site and I was amazed. Even when you checkout a new car, it says Autopilot and all that.

It's crazy.
>>
>>15425257
People don't understand how autopilot works. It doesn't do the whole job of the plane, it just keeps the plane flying level on its directed path.
>>
>>15426897

And oven doesn´t claim it will cook the food for you without any supervision.
>>
>>15425257
The difference is that the average pilot who flies a plane equipped with autopilot is trained much more thoroughly, has much more knowledge about the task and equipment at hand, and understands risk much better than the average Tesla driver.

The average driver worldwide has a LAUGHABLE amount of training, maybe only a few hours total of casual instruction from another driver who is hardly qualified. The average driver doesn't know jack shit about driving other than how to get from point A to point B and knows pretty much nothing whatsoever about the equipment and risks involved.

Drivers have been shown to compensate for reductions in risk on a much greater level than pilots do.
>give the driver a safer car and he is less afraid of crashing and pays less attention
>give the driver an easier to drive car and he is more likely to try to multitask, take his hands off the wheel, etc
>give the driver technology that is supposed to "assist" and "reduce fatigue" then call it autopilot and he will just think "cool! autopilot!" and play angry pokemon while checking facetinder while he should be driving
The thing that really bothers me about this is that instead of attacking the problem the world is obsessed with covering it with bigger band aids. Instead of giving drivers real training, just throw technology at the problem. Drivers don't get better, cars do, and because of that the roads are not as safe as they could be.
>>
>>15426077
amen
>>
>>15426081
implying any black people can afford it other than the president or a sportsball player.
>>
>>15425831

I think that's what he meant anon
>>
>>15426523
autopilot means absolutely nothing.
>>
>>15425032
>YUM YUM MUSK CUM
>>
>>15425164
>even when a plane is in autopilot, the pilot still needs to have his hand on the stick
No he doesn't

Air craft autopilots are much MUCH more advanced than anything a car can feasibly have. They basically use the same system as cruise missiles and shit.

Unless you're talking about some shitty civvy plane, the pilot can turn auto pilot on and just leave. Also most larger airliners are so stable that it takes a lot of time for a plane to lose control while flying a straight line or even in banks etc.

>>15425185
Yea most pilots dislike Fly by wire too cos they CAN'T FEEL THE PLANE, doesn't change that 80% of aviation accidents are human error.
>>
>>15425226
That's not the Autopilots fault at all, and autopilot does more good than bad so it's still kept.
>>
>>15425745
>against autopilot
In this thread, so far only a few people have been against Autopilot. They've been against Teslas big nosed marketing team.

You should put yourself into the third category.
>>
>>15425858
>reduce the load of mental stress on a long drive
>Long drive
>Tesla
Bullshit, they could grab a day worth of sleep while their car charges.
>>
>>15426077
>Receiving tax dollars to buy cheap parts
>Saying a car that pollutes almost as bad as a regular car is great for the environment
>Having a build quality to a entry infinity
>Claiming innovation when they're repackaging old tech and putting it out with expert marketing
>'Exciting'

Tesla fags have put a bad taste in my mouth for electric cars. Shame, cos they have potential.
>>
>>15428672
Ovens stop themselves if you set a timer. Stuff can go wrong.

Driers can burn your house.

How many Teslas are using this system daily? 3 seems like nothing.
>>
>>15430456
30 minute supercharges every 250 miles.
>>
>>15430940
>superchargers
that's the key.

you have to design a road trip around chargers, And there's still simply not enough of them.

Plus i live in Canada where Tesla loses 60% range in winter, and theres like 12 chargers in the country.

Face it, Tesla are hipster cars.

I guess the mental stress comes from having to constantly keep eye on where the next charging station is, instead of just pulling into the mom and pop one pump station every at most 50 km.

I found a gas station off a packed soil hunting trail, place was actually packed by people filling up before going down the trail. It was deer season i think.
>>
>>15430985
you know gas stations were not really that common place in North America until the 1960s.

why do you think there is a cliche about motorists running out of gas and hiking with a gas can for miles?

before gas stations people had to buy gasoline at stores in 5 gallon tins. like you would kerosene.

Tesla's can use Chademo DC fast chargers with an adapter.

The infrastructure is getting there.

Also, leave your Tesla plugged in during the winter. So it can use grid power to keep everything warm.
>>
>>15425745
>The typical pussy.

> Wanting to be in charge of your fate makes you a pussy
What a day to be alive
>>
>>15431055
>you know gas stations were not really that common place in North America until the 1960s.

bullshit.

there where over 100,000 stations in 1930 in the US, there's a reason there was a v8 craze. http://uh.edu/engines/epi975.htm

unless you can provide a better source.

Also can't find numbers for Canada because it's too irrelevant as a country.
>>
>>15430940
Wouldn't quick charging wreck the battery life far quicker?
Electric cars will be practical when batteries are better.
>>
>>15431107
There's literally nothing wrong with batteries the way they are. NiMH is about as reliable as you can get and the most popular hybrid happens to use them.
>>
>>15431110
>NiMH is about as reliable as you can get
There are some problems with NiMH, such as the poor performance in cold, lower max drain than lithium, lower energy density than lithium, higher self discharge, and voltage dropping more under load.
>>
>>15431104
Lots of gas stations doesn't mean they are everywhere.
>>
>>15431107
Only if you get the battery too hot. Which causes corrosion on the anodes.

Tesla has liquid cooling for the battery
>>
>>15431278
There was at least one in every small roadside village thing. And there where plenty more because of the new post 2nd war automobile boom, because every middle class suburban family could afford a cottage after the war and drove 100 miles away from the city in their VEE ATE gas guzzling LAND YACHT.

There are less stations now than there where in the 70s.

There is not at least one super charger in every small village thing. And if you look at the Tesla maps, they're extremely rare for anyone not traveling a major highway. Even if you're traveling a major highway, you'll see one after 200+ miles.

Tesla needs to have universal chargers in its car, so that Nissan, ford, GM, and whatever else can all use one charger. there was never a different type of nozzle for a gm vs a ford, so infrastructure was easy to set up.

That and maybe drop the prices of a worthwhile electric car that can compete with the other cars on the market and doesn't just appeal to hipsters, and you'll have the boom you had with the MURICAN automobiles post wars.

The model s inside other than that massive screen, feels on par with a entry level lexus or acura. It really doesn't feel like a 90,000 car. It just doesn't. So it doesn't appeal to most rich people. I have a lawyer uncle (idk if he's actually an uncle) and he was shopping around for a luxury car, he bought what he knew, BMW. The model 3 is now in the price range of the average person, but idk how its features and shit compare with the average family sedan or crossover which is what most families seem to get nowadays.

What appeals to people about a lesla? All it has at the end of the day is muh charging at home and acceleration. It doesn't have SUPREME comfort, it doesn't have insane amount of storage, no crazy handling, etc.
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.