[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nissan experts please help Regarding the 2016 Nissan altima

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: Nissan-logo.svg.png (255KB, 2000x1723px) Image search: [Google]
Nissan-logo.svg.png
255KB, 2000x1723px
Nissan experts please help

Regarding the 2016 Nissan altima 2.5

Is the SR model worth putting down another $700, or am I fine with the S model?
>>
File: IMG_20160419_211235.jpg (177KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160419_211235.jpg
177KB, 1080x1080px
>>15424787
>>
>>15424787
You're better off buying something 150% completely fucking different, unless you like the idea of paying for a dodge avenger with less reliability.
>>
>>15424806
not op but i thought nissans were up there in reliability with honda and toyota? or is it just old 2000s nissans that are good
>>
>>15424810
Just the old ones. New ones are absolute fucking trash and you're shooting yourself in both feet if you buy one. I knew a guy who bought one new for a 40 mile drive to work because 65mpg and every day he said he wished he had his catfish gen camaro back because he wouldn't mind paying for 23mpg compared to what he had.
>>
>>15424817
Why?
>>
I'm pretty much paying $700 for

>sport spoiler
>18" aluminum-alloy wheels
>leather-wrapped steering wheel
>paddle shifters with manual mode
>8-way power adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support
>dat lumbar

Yay or nay?
>>
I have a 2005 Altima 2.5 same engine ama
>>
>>15424843
worth it for the wheels and seat
>>
>>15424826
>CVT
>Electrical issues out the ass
>Everything is literally going to shit itself
The only Nissan you can get away with buying is the 350z. Everything else was thoroughly ruined by Renault.
>>
File: ticking time bomb.jpg (57KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
ticking time bomb.jpg
57KB, 640x425px
>>15424787
Avoid the Altima. They have an extremely low customer satisfaction rate.
Go for a Chevy Malibu, Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry or Mazda 6 instead.

>>15424810
Nissan's reliability took a dive off a cliff in 2002 when Renault took over. Don't trust the French for anything.
>>
>>15424843
Still an automatic bruh
>>
>>15424843
It's still a CVT. That paddles are useless.
>>
>QR25DE

>Likes to eat precat because fuck you, ingesting shit is fucking awesome, just score my shit up sempai
>Why loctite screws on secondary runner on intake manifold, just double end me with shit that will fuck me
>Why build a balanced engine when we can have a rocking and rolling shitfest with chain driven balance shafts that like to stretch out the chain?

The QR is the fucking worst. I thought it was bad in the Sentra SER SpecV, but I underestimated how shit it could be mated to a fucking CVT trans.
>>
>>15424810
anything with a CVT is not reliable - even hondas have been having major issues
>>
>>15424810

Nissan hasn't been good for a while now.
>>
I forgot how Nissan cucked americans and you can't get the manual transmission versions of their cars.

Buying CVTs, especially Niisans, are literally the worst decision you could make.

Shame, I drive a manual 2012 March (not sold in the land of the (((free))) ) and it's great, if only the interior feels a bit cheap.

That company is quite different from their golden years, to be honest. I'm disspaointed, as my father used to drive Nissan and they were all a joy, both driving and working on them, which kinda biased my buy.
>>
>>15425173
You can get a manual Versa or Sentra in America, but only if it's an absolute base model you'll forever hate because it has ZERO options.
And obviously the 370Z comes in manual, but that's an exception.
>>
>>15424787
>>15424810
Stay away from all Nissans, they're garbage. Nissan isn't Japanese anymore, they're owned by the French company Renault, and that should tell you all you need to know about the reliability. Get a Mazda6 or Honda Accord Sport instead.
>>
I hear a lot about reliability issues.

But I'm leasing it. I can just get it fixed with no cost to me.
>>
File: kill self.jpg (34KB, 630x345px) Image search: [Google]
kill self.jpg
34KB, 630x345px
>>15425274
>>
File: ops.gif (680KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
ops.gif
680KB, 500x496px
Adding to what >>15425258
said you'll be getting the ones built in Mexico. So yeah.

>>15425250
Truly an empty husk of a the company it once was.

>>15425274
There is no worse blind man than the one who doesn't want to see. It appears you already made a decision, if the opinions here cannot convince you otherwise, and neither the readily available info all over the internet can, by all means, go ahead. There's something to be said about wanting to learn life lesson's from somebody else's experiences.
>>
>>15425258

Renault only has a 43.4% stake in Nissan. They vote, but cannot veto. Nissan has a 15% stake in Renault. The Nissan-Renault Alliance has been in place since 1999.

It's done good things for Renault, and bad things for Nissan, especially Nissan Diesel.
>>
>>15425307
>It's done good things for Renault
well duh. Renault got to use Nissan's glorious VQ V6 engines.
And Nissan got Renault's reliability and build quality.
>>
>>15425340

It's more that Renault got access to a lot of Nissan's IP, and access to their facilities. Renault build quality improved as a result.

Poor Nissan has been heaped with the European way of thinking and designing, which has left them high and dry with unreliable products, especially in hot climates. Then treated the customers with failed engines like shit, and hung them out to dry.
>>
I don't get how you could drive a Fusion and choose any other midsize and I've driven all of them but the Accord.
Not even shilling, Im a rental car agent so I've driven the whole squad and the fusion always feels so superior, at least in the base model fleet form.
>>
I own a 2013 SV.

Please don't.
>>
>>15425340
>Renault's reliability and build quality.

no. just no. pre-2000 nissans are built to take a beating. renaults are the least reliable french car maker.
>>
>>15424787
Why would anyone buy a brand new budget car? I have never understood this. Why not get a nice used car that was built better and has more features for the same money or a used economy car for a whole lot less?
>>
>>15425612
heads up, your post has the word "french" in it, when it shouldn't.
>>
File: thats the joke.jpg (20KB, 452x339px) Image search: [Google]
thats the joke.jpg
20KB, 452x339px
>>15425612
That was the joke. When Nissan was taken over by Renault, Nissan's quality and reliability became Renault-tier.
>>
Only CVT worth trusting is Lineartronic.
>>
>>15425627
every time
>>
>>15424810
>>15424787
Nissans are shit. Please don't do this to yourself. Terrible CVTs and terrible build quality. You could finance a supercharged jag for the same or less money. Or a g37, is350, etc...
>>
>>15425006

This. My sister owns a honda insight and she put a little over 150k on it in 2 years(she drives A LOT for work) and the cvt is still kicking

my friends mom bought an altima with a cvt and in less than 100k already replaced said cvt.
>>
>>15427561

i also meant to say the honda cvt while still kicking isn't "shifting" smooth and on a go to go basis but still has some life left. Kept up on the flushes and everything.
>>
>>15427475
Every time what?
>>
>>15424843
I had the 2013 altima sr. Worth it for the power seats.

Also, you will love the seats. I had a 2009 and 2013 altima and both had the most comfortable seats of any car I've ever had.

Also, i know altima's don't get a lot of respect for reliability, but i never had a single problem with my 2009 and 2013 and i put 50000+ miles on each.
>>
>>15427530
Those are all 2x as expensive as an altima, cost more to service, and require premium fuel.

Altima is much better if you're not a richfag and are looking for a daily driver
>>
>>15425627
We don't compare new cars to used cars
>>
>>15428642
>Altima is much better if you're not a richfag and are looking for a daily driver
You need to be a richfag to afford the constant transmission replacements though. Literally anything is better than an Altima you fucking retard.
>>
>>15428624
I have the power seats in mine, least comfortable of most any car I have owned save for dodge dakota seats. The back caves in, leaving you with no lumbar support whatsoever.
>>
>>15428660
It doesn't change the fact that there's no point to buying a new cheap car.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.