[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some idea for cheaper racing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault-21[1].jpg (221KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-21[1].jpg
221KB, 1600x900px
I was thinking about a idea for a website like iRacing, where people can join and organize races in real life.

The plan is to racetrack owners (or somebody willing to organize a series) to buy the cars, do the maintenance and preparation, and let cars available to race.

Then people can join the website and signup for races (or free practice sessions), paying a fare by credit card.

The idea is that costs will be diluted, since both professional drivers, amateur drivers and casual drivers can participate in races, as well as the race tracks being more utilized.

To avoid crashers and bad drivers (and improve races), a safety rating system can be applied, along with a points system rewarding consistence.

It would be viable, since the fixed costs like heavy machinery and manufacturing tools (which is the expensive part) are spread through a higher number of users.
>>
>>15416274
What kind of costs were you thinking (for drivers)? I reckon it will just be too expensive to be viable.

Safety rating is fine in online games but you can't just put a bunch of complete shitters together in a real race without some expensive repair bills
>>
i would pay like 1200 a year for like the chance to do that 5 or 6 times and i would make a day out of it
>>
>>15416274
This idea is so bad it made my head hurt. Who is it supposed to be good for?

>>15416384
So would anyone else, but you can't even race a kart that you own for that little.
>>
>>15416384
I would pay that much, but it should be much cheaper.
>>
>>15416417
$1200 wouldn't even cover gas and tires for 6 races. Who is eating all the costs here, is OP going to find a wizard that can summon car parts from the great void? You are taking something that normally costs a driver $20-30k a year minimum to do, adding a bunch of administrative costs, and expect the cost for a driver to go DOWN?
>>
>>15416274
Insurance/ liability. This kills the idea. If you have random redneck babyboomers out there racing powerful cars, no matter what rules or safety measures the track owners put into place, there will always be a high risk of catastrophic injury and inevitably the owner will be sued by some ambulance chaser type for ludicrous sums of money and will be sucking dick for crack on the streets within a month.

Giving the drivers a rating system, or offering training would only increase the owner's liability. "So Mr. Stubbledick was rated a 5-star amateur driver, the best and most experienced classification by YOUR standards and he completed YOUR training courses, paid a good sum of money and yet he lost control in YOUR car, on YOUR track and now he lives in constant pain, emotional and physically hurts all the time."

It'll never happen.
>>
>>15416427
>You are taking something that normally costs a driver $20-30k a year minimum to do, adding a bunch of administrative costs, and expect the cost for a driver to go DOWN?

Fixed and variable costs.

Tires and gas costs add by each km ran, but the CNC used to build parts won't break because you made more parts.

Machinery costs, as well as other expensive stuff (like the car prices itself) go down the more things you sell using them, because there is more people to divide the costs.

I never said it was going to be super cheap like $1000, but cheaper than professional racing.

>>15416428
Liability is always placed in the client's account.

The owner does a insurance, and puts the insurance cost into the price.
>>
>>15416406
>>15416427
>>15416428

Sorry op, these are the correct answers. Some tracks do run their own series, but they are very few and far between. In oval short track racing you occasionally see track specific classes.

Unfortunately your best bet is to organize a site that helps people find lemons and chump rides, 1200 will usually get you a race and a couple days of practice.
>>
>>15416274
Karting tracks barely stay afloat. Real cars would make the problem so much worse. OP thinks money grows on trees and wants to race for free.
>>
nah
the best you can try to do is organized touge
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.