[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me this is a scam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (424KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
424KB, 750x1334px
Replied to a craigslist add yesterday. Too good to be true. Asking for too low an amount, all shipping based, won't have to meet the seller in person, but no cash upfront and only asking for name, address, and phone number.
I'm sure it's a scam, but that 1% wants to believe it's real.
Can you screw somebody over with as little as a name, address, and phone? Assure me this is fake /o/.
>>
>>15416259
>Craigslist add
>wants you to go through eBay
>won't meet you in person
Naw Dude, totally legit
>>
>>15416259
It's a scam
>>
It's a scam.
Really? Through ebay??
>>
>>15416259
Scam, Low selling amount and free delivery are big red flags
>>
How is this scam supposed to work?
>>
>>15416259
I've seen this exact same scam twice before. One with a Jeep Cherokee and one with a CRX. I don't know if ebay has started offering that service again, but a few years back I checked and they had discontinued it years beforehand. Absolute garbage-tier scam.
>>
>>15416323
OP pays "ebay" $1500, and "ebay" holds it until OP is satisfied with the purchase. Then "ebay" gives the money to the seller.
In reality OP just gets scammed out of $1500.
>>
>>15416323
I would guess he would want you to western union the money to a foreign account.
>>
>>15416259

I didnt even have to look at the listing to know it had something to do with someone in the army deploying and desperately needing his car gone RIGHT NOW for CHEAP and all you have to do is blindly buy it and just trust them.

But nah go ahead and try anyways we can always use more OC
>>
Oi m8 I live in Omaha. I could pose as a friend of yours and check this thing out to see if its real
>>
>eBay will contact you
top kek
>>
>>15416386
You saying you're not really OP's friend? What kind of fucking community is this?
>>
File: wp_ss_20160612_0001.png (521KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160612_0001.png
521KB, 480x800px
>>15416407
Chill m8. We can be friends if he wants.
>>
>>15416259
>>15416386

Very rare to find people from Omaha less known Nebraska like me. almost like this state is a void and almost no-one uses the internet outside of the occasional facebook.
>>
>>15416259
https://www.google.com/search?q=i%27ll+be+leaving+with+my+unit+brigade+combat+team+back+to+south+korea

scam
>>
>>15416259
>Can you screw somebody over with as little as a name, address, and phone?
Sooner or later you will send money. Since you have not taken delivery of the item, it feels like a craigslist scam that is just trying to borrow on ebay's name. But since ebay sides with the seller most of the time, that's also good for scammers selling underquality merchandise.

As >>15416281 said, any deal where you transact money without ever meeting the buyer in person AND having the merchandise in hand at the time of sale AND having the official Certificate of Title, well, you are in for a bad time.

So, let's say you take him up on the deal. You have sent the money. You are out $1500. What do you have at this point? Do you have any photos of the seller? No. Do you have any real address of the seller? No. Have you seen and copied down his license and ID info? No. Have you seen the real true VIN and true existing license plates of the actual vehicle you claim to have purchased? No. Do you have the vehicle in hand? No. Have you even inspected it? No. Do you have the genuine certificate of title in your hands? No. Do you have any real life personal references to the person? No.

How many "No" did you count up? How many "Yes" did you count up. Even craigslist cautions buyers if it is too good to be true, then it probably is. At least this deal didn't say the seller is from Nigeria.

Now, assume the deal goes bad. How will you get your money back? Go ahead. List the ways. If you can't list any ways, then the scammer has covered his ass.
>>
>>15416259
>Tell me this is a scam
Scammers often invoke God's name as part of the deal. Note the ending words. Obviously before you can be "sent" any car, you will have had to send the money in somewhere.
>>
Thanks guys
>>
Why can't people just do honest fucking work?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.