[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your position

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: comeon.png (48KB, 752x343px) Image search: [Google]
comeon.png
48KB, 752x343px
What is your position
>>
>>15412341
>#1 car company on the planet uses "old" technology.
>>
>>15412364
>hakeem al kazak
>>
File: 1442588371923.jpg (42KB, 533x594px) Image search: [Google]
1442588371923.jpg
42KB, 533x594px
>>15412387
>>
File: 1385777144980.jpg (31KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1385777144980.jpg
31KB, 250x251px
>>15412364
>tfw a brand new corolla can be fitted with a 4spd auto and drum brakes
>>
>>15412444
no 4 spd tercel
>>
>>15412399
Cmon
>>
>>15412387
>the nose knows
>>
>>15412341
>implying these "refinements" weren't mandated by regulations

I mean, most family cars would still go the pretty much same way to get safer and with better mileage, but these regulations rule out any possibility of cheaper alternatives, good working class sports cars, etc.
>>
>>15412561
4 speed with those sexy 12 valves
>>
>>15412341
Everyone who doesn't agree to some extent to what the guy said is just an idiot who thinks companies that live to make money owe anyone anything.
Building a car that can be easily maintained and repaired by your average Joe is just less money for them, not only for the profit on spare parts, but on the training of technicians, on special tools, on the fees that official workshops pay quarterly to the manufacturer and so on.

A car is a complex machine, it doesn't need to be easily accessible for the average moron who reads a couple of wikipedia pages and thinks he knows everything.

With this I don't mean I applaud manufacturers for making cars more complex, I too would like a car that doesn't take hours of troubleshooting between sensors, wires and general on board diagnostics, but this is they way the market is going.
Electronics allow for a wide range of things to be possible on cars that weren't even in the wet dreams of engineers 25years ago, allow things to be ran more precisely and efficiently and, of course, grant manufacturers the ability to hide most of the information behind a code wall only accessible with (usually) expensive tools and software.

Cars are not made to last anymore, they became a commodity much like smartphones and TV are, they have to work well up to a certain point and then they have to be too complex/expensive for the average owner to repair compared to the convenience of getting a new car.
>>
>>15415641
/thread
>>
>>15415641
You were right up until the last two paragraphs where you went fucking retarded.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.