[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

plz help so I was driving, going about 40 in 4th and come to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1467939312613.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467939312613.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
plz help
so I was driving, going about 40 in 4th and come to a stop sign
>clutch in, go to 3rd clutch slowly out
>same with second
>do woth 1st, when I let the clutch all the way out
POP!, shifter moves from 1 to neutral
what happened, did I fuck up? car still runs and shifts
>>
>>15402791
Kinda yes and no, first gear is fucked + you tried to let the clutch out without rev matching while going too fast, leave it in second next time.
>>
>>15402800
I was going about 10mph and I didn't rev at all, is that bad? I do the same thing on my motorcycle all the time, just downshifting and braking at the same time coming to a red
>>
>>15402791
There is absolutely no reason to down shift through all the gears when coming to a stop on an H pattern.

Coming from fifth or sixth doing over 60 I typically rev match to third and leave it at that then stop.

Coming from 40mph I wouldn't even bother revmatching

that being said it sounds like you didnt push it in far enough, or the synchro is going in first.
>>
just press the clutch in and brake until you stop, then put it in first and go, jesus
>>
>>15402808
Its not good ill put it that way.
>>
>>15402808
motorcycle gearboxes are unsynchronized and less picky about how you shift them.
>>
I've had first pop out on accel when it just wasn't quite in all the way. Could have just been a similar thing.

Don't downshift to a stop... you're just putting wear on your trans and clutch for no reason. Brakes are way easier to replace than your clutch and synchronizers
>>
>>15402860
sounds about right. I am a racerboi and the last time my father rode with me, He told me I have autism and to stop shifting so hard/fast or I will fuck it up, so I am trying to shift in 2 steps more offend and not as hard
>>
>>15402843
ok, good. I like to downshift too early without rev matching on my bike because the exhaust sounds cool
>>
>>15402791
Not sure if this is bait or not but, don't bother trying to downshift all the way to 1st, once the revs start to get too low in second (you should be going around 15kph) just pop it into neutral and brake until you stop, cars don't like going back into second unless they're almost completely stopped
>>
>>15403740
First*
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.