[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advices required for recently bought car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Citroen_C5_II[1].jpg (216KB, 1500x1017px) Image search: [Google]
Citroen_C5_II[1].jpg
216KB, 1500x1017px
Hello!
I recently bought a 2010 Citroen C5 (full specs http://www.auto-data.net/en/?f=showCar&car_id=15282). It's a reaaaally comfy car and it was cheap as hell for this kind of car (6k€). However, with only 127 hp, it somehow feels sluggish. This feeling is further increased by the fact that my last car was a 130 hp diesel opel omega (that 80 Nm loss...).
So here is what I need to know : was it a good choice, or did I make a mistake? Is chiptuning a valid option to gain some hp, or would it kill the car in the next months because no turbo?

Pic related: it's what the car looks like
>>
Probably best to just enjoy the comfy.
>>
>>15400509
You bought a cozy landyacht. You could turn it into something else but that will never be as good as a car that was designed to feel quick.

Still, 2010 is a decent year, you should be out of most of the reliability nightmares you can expect on the first ones.
>>
>>15400565
That were my first thoughts. It really feels like you're flying above the road. I really enjoy that.

And again, yes. A 2010 remodeled petrol car with no EGR/particle filter/turbo is a bliss
>>
Enjoy the cozy, OP. Don't ruin it
>>
>>15400509
>remapping a petrol non-turbo
lolno

>buying a C5
>not going for the HDI
U dun goof'd.

>>15400576
>And again, yes. A 2010 remodeled petrol car with no EGR/particle filter/turbo is a bliss
Pretty sure that has an EGR. And it obviously doesn't have a dpf, since it's petrol.
Having a turbo would make it better, not worse.
>>
>>15400598
The reason behind not buying a HDI is that I usually travel short distances(35 km, but often). My old diesel car really didn't like it. But yes, even a 250Nm 110hp Hdi engine would have been less sluggish

Legit question: How is having a turbo better? It's one more part that can break, costs an arm, and kill the engine.
>>
>>15400626
Making 35kms a day justifies having a diesel, even if it's just because it guzzles less than a N/A 1.8 petrol.

>Legit question: How is having a turbo better? It's one more part that can break, costs an arm, and kill the engine.
More torks, more power, more empeegees, and it won't give you issues if you don't drive it like a granny or push it hard with the engine cold.
>>
>>15400635
Well, next time I'll aime for a diesel then.

>More torks, more power, more empeegees, and it won't give you issues if you don't drive it like a granny or push it hard with the engine cold.

I understand that. My question was regarding 2 cars with similar hp, like between a 130 hp with and without turbo. Obviously, I'd have preferred a 1.6 THP engine, but it's way more expensive
>>
>>15400659
A car with similar power with a turbo, would make more torks.
Suffice to say, you wouldn't need as much displacement to make as much power/torque with a turbo.

But your car is more than fine. At most you'll spend a little more eurobucks at the fuel pump, but it won't be that much if you don't thrash it around.
>>
>>15400677
Thank you for your insight in the matter. I shall be more careful when choosing my next car, even if it means adding some €

If I may ask one last question, I'd like to know if these kind of engines are durable. I live right next to Germany and find myself shopping there quite often, taking the Autobahn in the process. I obviously wouldn't floor it for 25 km, but is it ok to travel at a 175-180 km/h on average?
>>
>>15400695
>Thank you for your insight in the matter. I shall be more careful when choosing my next car, even if it means adding some €
Don't get me wrong. The C5 is a great car.

>>15400695
PSA makes good engines. Don't worry about that.
I used to drive a 1.4i Xsara and I thrashed that shit around like a madman. The engine was perfectly fine.
>>
>>15400695
Different guy here (obviously) but most cars should be able to do that if they're properly warmed up.
Basically don't floor it like a fucking maniac right from the get-go and you should be fine.
>>
>>15400704
>>15400706
Well, that's great news. I was afraid running the engine at 5000-6000 rpm for more than 15 minutes would destroy it.

And it feels good knowing that I didn't fuck up big times buying this car
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.