[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SLUDGE DREAM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Sludge+1.jpg (51KB, 460x348px) Image search: [Google]
Sludge+1.jpg
51KB, 460x348px
it's been over 10 000k since my last oil change

i had a dream that my diesel was ruined by sludge,it was horrible
in the dream it was complicated and i kept putting oil in the wrong places

it's parked until i change it

i'm never neglecting my babies again
>>
>>15392822
There's nothing wrong with that. Looks good for another 10,000miles
>>
>>15392822
>10,000k
thats fucking 10 million miles.
lrn2 abbreviate.
>>
>>15392898
10 000km

i admit i forgot an m
but i refuse to use the 3rd world comma
>>
File: mustang_II_77_original_trim.jpg (60KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
mustang_II_77_original_trim.jpg
60KB, 720x406px
>>15392898

>didn't look at picture
>doesn't know about dream cars
>>
>>15392902
in your first world country, how do you have two numbers next to each other without thinking they're the same number?
>>
>>15392822
>diesel
>in the dream it was complicated and i kept putting oil in the wrong places
you were awake friend
>>
>>15392949
i'm not sure i understand the question, but we just use a space

punctuation denotes fractions

1 000 000 000 000 000.7

>wa la
>>
>>15392963
does 22 535 mean twenty two thousand, five hundred thirty five or the number 22 followed by the number 535?
>>
>>15392949
oh wait, i get it now.. the comma makes it easier to tell the numbers apart

1 000 000.95, 1 000.08

see?
>>
>>15392969
former
>>
>>15392972
So you admit it's the same thing, just with commas and spaces switched

> the comma makes it easier to tell the numbers apart
easier for you perhaps, the other way is also completely intuitive for those who grew up with it.
>>
>>15392982
i grew up with both (french canadian)

the non comma way is the non 3rd world way
>>
>>15392986
> french canadian
> faggot faggot
>>
>>15392989
>btfo
>>
>>15392989
>anon learns both systems
>picks superior system

who is double faggot?
>>
>>15392995
> space used to separate words
> not used to separate numbers

> superior system

every bit of software on the computer you're using was written by people who disagree
>>
>>15393001
>Actual BTFO

Also, 1,000, 2,000, 3,000, and 4,000.

That isn't all that hard to do and is easier to understand.

Faggots.
>>
File: 1439110940836.jpg (40KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1439110940836.jpg
40KB, 500x484px
>>15392822
100% this is a fish dream
>>
>>15392975
Where the fuck do you live?
Numbers wrote like that count as two different number, if you need spacing for whatever reasons you use apostrophes.
Like one million is either 1000000 or 1'000'000, not 1 000 000, that's just retarded.
>>
>>15392986
No wonder the rest of Canada hates you
>>
File: sludgey.oil.jpg (205KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sludgey.oil.jpg
205KB, 810x1080px
>>15392875
>There's nothing wrong with that. Looks good for another 10,000miles

I'm confused. Isn't it very much preferable to run engines without sludge?
>>
>>15392822

nothing wong i deal with theses alot

pull the cams and inspect cam journals if there ok you good

then pull all your lifters

then drop oil pan

scrape off all the big chunks of sludge off the head

then soak it down with purple power degreaser
and hit with a parts cleaning brush

then wash it off with a power washer if you dont have one you can use a hose but power washer is best

then when the head is done you gonna do the same to the crank case area

then dry it all off with a blow gun or leaf blower
>>
>>15392898
No it isn't you retard
K is widely accepted as an abbreviation for kilometres
>>
>>15392822
Sludge isn't as bad as /o/ makes it out to be.
A old trade secret for racing teams is to use thickening agents in the oil because it ups the cylinder compression, giving them a slight advantage on the top end.
Sludge is only an issue when it crystalizes, which takes years.
>>
>>15392822
10k isn't really critical for a diesel.
You can do 15-20k without any issues if it's running full synthetic.
>>
>>15395529
Not in this country it's not. But K is a widely accepted abbreviation for 1,000 the entire world over.
>>
>>15392989
Fucking rekt
>>
>>15393028
This guy has it down.
OP flush your engine with some cheap conventional first if you're worried there's sludge.
>>
>>15395517
>How to ruin your engine 101
>>
>>15395517
Please remember that some car parts can be cleaned with water and not rust while other parts can rust immediately because they have no coatings such as bearing surfaces. It may be rust you cannot see because the chemical reaction has already begun. That's why proper cleaning is done in one of those solvent baths with ultrasonic agitation. The parts never get touched with water.

So, a proper modification of your method is to scrape out as much gunk as possible. Then use successively smaller non-shedding bottle type brushes to pull out remaining gunk. Of great importance is not to shove any gunk into bearing surface areas or else you will have to ultrasonic them clean of the debris or at least rinse them out with fresh oil while moving the surfaces by hand to feel for grit. The trolls would say to use Extra virgin olive oil because that would match your virginal nature, but of course I will say that.

The avoidance of water for cleaning parts was taught to me in small engines shop back in middle school when I took it. These classes were packed solid so you were lucky to ever get the class in your entire time in middle school.

That was because high school auto shop was even more packed. You had to have taken small engines with a good grade to have a chance of being assigned the first of many auto shop courses. It was not published or stated anywhere because that would be lawyer bait, but you also needed a letter of recommendation from an existing auto shop technician saying you had both interest and aptitude for the auto trade. I applied but was always denied (despite A+ in small engines) because I was obviously college-bound. The auto shop courses were unofficially reserved for non-college bound students who needed to learn a trade before graduating. While unfair to me, I could understand that. But I still feel angry since that would have been good wrenching experience to start life properly. One guy who took auto shop now has 3 car shops.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.