[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a used car 6 months ago. Everything has been fine so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 80s 6 series.jpg (304KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
80s 6 series.jpg
304KB, 1600x900px
I bought a used car 6 months ago. Everything has been fine so far.

1 week ago I went to get the brake fluid flushed and the mechanic calls me up and says someone put some kind of red fluid into the brake lines that is definitely not brake fluid. He then refused to do the flush and said I would need to take it to a dealership.

Any idea what the fuck is going on? The brakes are working just fine.
>>
People often mistake cherry slushy for brake fluid

Who the fuck even flushes their brake fluid, honestly? Was there a problem with the brakes?
>>
What is going on is that your "mechanic" is an "idiot".
>>
>>15373601

The car is at 110k and this is what was recommended by the manufacturer.

>>15373651
okay, explain then please
>>
File: 1466832615943.jpg (820KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1466832615943.jpg
820KB, 2000x1333px
someone halp plz.
>>
>>15373586

Just take it to a fucking dealership and ask them if the red shit was brake fluid
>>
>>15373586
Someone probably put automatic transmission fluid (ATF) in the brake system or the fluid used was just red in color. Either way, do a flush yourself and all should be fine. Also did he say exactly why he won't touch it? Like what he thinks or "knows" what the fluid is?
>>
Is the guy looking in the power steering reservoir?
>>
>>15373936

He said for liability reasons they can't get involved when they see something like this. It was an NTB and the guy said they have been getting wrapped up in too many complaints and lawsuits while trying to fix something improperly done by someone else.

He also told me that whatever the red stuff was made the cap swell.
>>
flush it yourself
>>
>>15373586
>the mechanic
>>15375697
>it was an NTB
>>
some brake fluids are red.
ATF would destroy a brake system in days or weeks. It wouldn't last.

so he either looked at the wrong reservoir or the fluid in it is red.
basically he's an idiot / covering his ass just in case someone did put atf in it.
>>
>>15373936
>>15375697
sounds like atf to me. As a shop owner, I wouldn't want to mess with it either. I don't think ATF will absorb water, adn all will probably be fine, but I wouldn't want to be the last one to touch it i a seal fails or a line bursts as you are slamming on the brakes.

OP get a mightyvac, and bleed them yourself. Its pretty easy.
>>
It sounds like it is brake fluid, it's just one of the rare brands that is colored red. Because it's been months and the brakes are working 100% fine.

I'll have the dealership look.

Thanks o.
>>
>>15373601
>Who the fuck even flushes their brake fluid, honestly?
People that follow the service interval of their car

There are red and blue brake fluids. If it's ATF you would be able to smell it easily.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.