[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought used car Only got 1 key Should I be worried ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Bought used car
Only got 1 key
Should I be worried ?
>>
No just get one cut so you have a spare
>>
>>15359821

first reply best reply
>>
if you bought a ratty 1k car and didn't get a title sure. otherwise >>15359821
>>
>>15359821
I will
was just thinking the seller could easily unlock it if he finds the key.. He lives like 40 mins away but still
>>
>>15359830
start counting the number of cars you see while you're out of the house, you'll stop after about 50 and realize that's needless paranoia.
keys and locks are just there to deter ignorant people and crimes of convenience.
>>
>>15359814
no it just means your credits so bad they want to keep a copy for when they repo and resell it
>>
>>15359814
that key looks like it is scream
>>
>>15359830
why does he know where you live
>>
>>15359814
What kind of car do you have?
>>
>>15360068
this

that or a previous owner lost the other key
>>
>>15362628
not getting the buyer's info is a great way to be liable when the new owner doesn't register it and then commits a crime
>>
>>15362640
It's also a great way for people to fucking rob you
>>
>>15362630
Reason why I ask, is because new cars have a immobilizer system. You can usually clear the system of all keys, reprogram you current key in, and get a copy.

Old key will open the car, turn the ignition, but it will cut spark, and fuel, so the car won't start.
>>
>>15359814

My uncle is a car dealer, he says that people steal wireless key fobs at the big wholesale auctions all the time. Most of the time you're lucky to get one fob with an auction car.

Floor mats are another common item that gets stolen at the auctions. Usually it's the nigger lot attendants that swipe em when they move the cars around.
>>
>>15359814
That thing with the buttons looks like an angry Japanese cartoon face
>>
>tfw I keep the spare ignition and door keys to every car I've sold just in case I decide to bug out
Worry a little OP.
>>
File: 8922967[1].jpg (148KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
8922967[1].jpg
148KB, 1024x768px
>>15359830
>yfw you realize there are people like me who compulsively keep duplicates of every key they ever held even briefly
I'm sure there are people who also label and file them instead of not having any idea what most of their keys are for because they relied on memory.

Even I at least remember what all the things I have keys to are and could go through my big ring.
>>
>>15362643
Thats why you get a garage and a gun.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.