[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding beat up shitboxes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

How do I search for a shitbox through Craigslist or any other service that has lots of dents or mismatched colors, but still are mechanically acceptable? I'm a student and dont give a shit about appearance, just looking for a manual transmission reliable shitmobile for about $2k
>>
by setting the limit to $2k and flip through the results?

gee.

if you're a student, you certainly have the 30minutes to do this, lazy cunt.
>>
>>15356818
what car with dents/rust/mismatched body panels is worth 2k

even if it's mechanically sound i don't know why you'd be paying that much for a shitbucket on wheels.
>>
>>15357420
I don't give a fuck about appearance. I'd rather have a gross looking tercel with 70k miles then a 03 corolla with 130k
>>
>>15356818
link up your local craigslist, OP...
>>
>>15356818
buy an old car with a non-interference engine that has high reliability
it will have a ton of miles on it to get it to 2k USD, and you will have mechanical issues soon after you buy it. it will also look like shit.
old Toyotas are likely your best bet.
>>
>>15360428
This anon tells truth. Buy a honda civic, honda accord, toyota corolla, some old pickup, or whatever that is cheap and easy to fix. At 2k and less within the first year it will more than likely test you with problems. Tercel, any geo, and most volvos are all pretty decent thoughts. just go to whereverthefuckyoulive.craigslist.org/cto set the max price to 2500 (you might always be able to jew someone down a few hundred dollars especially if it's been sitting over a week or two) and start looking.
>>
>>15360881
Wrong
>>
>>15356818
type in "Geo" in search
>>
>>15360907
No results
>>
>>15360896
wrong about what? corollas (or geo prizms) last forever, civics and pickup trucks are balls easy to fix, unless you are extremely lucky a cheap car will give you problems, people are lenient on prices if it sits there long enough... where was I wrong?
>>
File: 00505_3KDJg5CcSKm_600x450.jpg (36KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00505_3KDJg5CcSKm_600x450.jpg
36KB, 600x450px
speaking of craigslist shitboxes,
I found this on craigslist for $600

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/5628586294.html

does it look like it's worth $600? all it needs is a new head gasket apparently. I can get a new seat for cheap, idc about that, it doesn't look in bad shape
>>
>>15361331
You can find better
I bought an opel astra g with 220K km for 1000 yurobuck and it worked ffine
I sure in the land of the free you could find a decent car for that price
>>
>>15361415
Cars tend to be more expensive in the States. I imagine it has something to do with more lenient inspections here, meaning that older cars can be kept in service longer with less maintenance.
>>
>>15359826
If you consider 130k "too high" then it's clear you don't know shit about cars. I haven't even read the rest of the thread yet but I'm guessing the rest of your posts are pretty bad too.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.