[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw the sound your doors make when you shut them is awfully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

>yfw the sound your doors make when you shut them is awfully related to how well/badly built your car is
Prove me wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 261x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 261x200px
>>15355577
>>
It's related to how much sound deadening there is in the door
>>
My doors closing sound like a cow being wacked with a baseball bat so I think thats good.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 115x144px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 115x144px
>>15355609
Fantastic description
>>
My miata sounds better now that I have the delrin bushings in the doors but it still sounds kinda cheap.
>>
subaru doors are basically made of paper
>>
File: SL380.jpg (87KB, 712x534px) Image search: [Google]
SL380.jpg
87KB, 712x534px
>>15355577
82' SL has the old school Mercedes bank vault feel to it

01' E and M Class has a heavy feel but lacks the old school thunk

05' Pilot isn't bad, but doesn't have the Mercedes heaviness to it

Our old 96 Blazer usually felt like the door was as likely to fall off as to close
>>
>>15355577
that's just sound deadening though.
>>
tfw my mustang door creaks like the impala from supernatural now
>>
>>15355682
This.
>frameless window
>close door with window rolled up
>"Brunk!-Drrr"
>close door with window rolled down
>sounds like the window just shattered I to a million pieces inside door.
The fix is to remove the door cover off and tighten some stuff.
>>
My dad's 10 year old S-Class door still makes a soft noise when closing.
>>
I mean, I guess so. My IS300 door has a more... dignified?... closing than my Prelude. Difference of +$20k msrp when they came out though, so I should expect that
>>
File: s-l300[1].jpg (21KB, 236x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300[1].jpg
21KB, 236x300px
My Fox's door sounds like you stomped on one of those big aluminum jugs i.e. light which is what I wanted.
>>
>>15355609
>My doors closing sound like a cow being wacked with a baseball bat so I think thats good.

Ahhhhh, I'm unable to separate the sound from the emotion of feeling the cow's hurt. While dirty and smelly, I remember walking amongst cows that were genuinely docile, curious, and wouldn't try to trample you.

But that is a fairly descriptive "accurate" sound of a good solid door making firm permanent seating contact with the door well. My Malibu has such a nice sound for all four sedan doors as well. The doors have triple seals which results in a nice firm shutting sound that is also pleasingly soft sounding with low volume. A loud thump wouldn't be anywhere as nice unless the designers managed to put in multiple tight seals to make the loud door sound like "Thhh Rrrrr UMP". Then it would be amusing to open and shut the doors at the next Hillary rally due to the sequential combination of door shutting sounds.
>>
my dad always said "don't close the door so hard" because he thinks modern cars are made like ford pintos. he would make a point to close the door on a giant SUV as gingerly as possible, i guess because it's not built to handle the stress of being used as intended.
>>
>>15357985
I have frame less windows in my monte carlo, When I close the doors with the windows up its not bad but with them down its awful. I guess ill trying tightening some shit
>>
Supra, has a deep strong sound like the guy talking about bank vault.

My GTR sounds a lot lighter by comparison, i dunno.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.