[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American here, why the fuck are manuals so unpopular in this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 22

File: yuro space magic.webm (945KB, 632x434px) Image search: [Google]
yuro space magic.webm
945KB, 632x434px
American here, why the fuck are manuals so unpopular in this country?

How did the autotragic meme start? Why did we fall for it so hard?
>>
>>15341053
Automatics were invented by Oldsmobile in the late 30's/early 40's.
They were an option on a lot of 1950's cars, which is when automatics really took off. Automatics were marketed as a woman's car and men bought them claiming "My wife will love this" then used it as his daily driver.

It's pure laziness that led to the automatic becoming dominant. My grandfather always referred to automatics as the lazy man's car.
>>
Because Americans are awful at driving manuals, you can see just how bad if you observe the average American motorcyclist.
>>
My old mazda was a 5 speed. Masturbating while driving was a bitch.

My forester is an auto. Its far easier to wank and drive now. Im sold on auto for life.
>>
Our roads are boring as fuck, our highways wide and straight, and our speed limits low.

Also, our drivers don't care about driving, because largely is sucks.
>>
>>15341053
auto is way easyer

as a person who likes to:
eat
drink
fuck
smoke
get high
dance
and do other shit while driving

i do not want to fuck with a gear stick
i cannot tell you how many times i know i woulda fucked my car because of how high or drunk i was
>>
You fuckers think because your Honda has a five speed you're a racecar driver.
>>
>>15341053
Because Americans are lazy.
>>
Retards(muricans) think that driving auto is easier and in fact they are just too dimwitted to use a stick. Remember they voted for a black president, goes to show how shitty theyre life decisions is.
>>
>>15341279
IF MANUAL IS AS EASY AS AUTO HOW COME YOU CANT TALK ON THE PHONE WHILE SPEEDING AND EATING A BURGER WHILE DRIVING
>>
>>15341270
This, for most of the country. Even in many rural areas, people prefer automatics. Why? They spend most of their time in top gear anyway, on the interstate system. A manual can do the same with the same level of input. Glad manuals are plentiful in NC
>>
>>15341290
Whos to say I cant do that, you fuckwit? I cant tell if you're a bus rider or a pussy bitch autotragic user, really.
>>
>>15341248
Finally someone on this autistic board speaks the truth

>muh nippon econo-shitbox has muh 5-speed

>KEK SILLY AUTO DRIVERS WITH EXPENSIVE CARS DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT DRIVING
>>
>>15341247
Driving stick becomes so second nature (automatic?) after a month
>>
>>15341298
>AUTO DRIVERS WITH EXPENSIVE CARS DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT DRIVING

Truth hurts doesnt it?
>>
Automatic was a luxury item built for comfort, and if there's one thing Americans love it's comfort
>>
>>15341305
>I'm automatically a driving enthusiast because I drive a economy car with a manual

/o/tism at its finest
>>
>>15341310
>can't be a driving enthusiast unless you daily a sports car

WHO IS AUTISM NOW
>>
>>15341310
>american with a vagina confirmed
How did I knew that? Because you drive auto
>>
>>15341326
When did I ever imply that faggot?
>>
>>15341306
Nah, americans love cuckoldry and auto
>>
>Why does America do X

Remember, this is the same country that
>voted for a constitutional amendment to ban alcohol
>preaches free trade but has massive tariffs and trade restrictions
>thinks the best thing to do for a male baby after birth is to perform surgery on its dick
>voted for a nigger president
>is one of the top 3 fattest countries on the planet yet spends the most money on exercise equipment
The list goes on
>>
The future of manual cars is a automated single clutch transmission, with a manual mode that allows a clutch pedal.
>>
>>15341328
>you are a female if you don't drive the type of transmission I LIKE

More /o/tism
>>
>>15341081
>My forester

So you could just have your boyfriend blow you.
>>
>>15341339
Auto is initially made for women, then numales like you wanted them too.
>>
>>15341339

Not really, automatics were invented for women. That's not an opinion.
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 991x852px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 991x852px
>>15341346
>you are automatically X because you don't drive a car with the same transmission as mine
>>
>>15341356
They were invented for the military.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>he thinks he's hot shit because he drives a manual Civic
>>
>>15341362
They were invented by Oldsmobile for women. This is fact. Oldsmobile invented them because women wrote to them in the 1930's bitching about how hard it was to drive in high heels.
>>
>>15341053
This looks like an integra interior
>>
>>15341360
>I refuse to accept that Im feminine despite driving an auto
The first stage is denial
>>
File: 1466045531147.png (696KB, 1024x559px) Image search: [Google]
1466045531147.png
696KB, 1024x559px
Can't eat a burger, flip anybody off, or commit a driveby with a manual
>>
>>15341373
>women wrote to them in the 1930's bitching about how hard it was to drive in high heels.
Only a woman would think like this instead of deciding to drive in proper shoes. A bleeding crotch is a sign of mental deficiency.
>>
>>15341306
If americans loved comfort, cars like the Citroen DS would have been massively more popular.

Americans love expensive shit they are told to like, and nothing more.
>>
>>15341381
Never trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die. It's why I fuck dudes.
>>
>>15341379
>I literally can't help but generalize someone who drives a different transmission than I do
>you are manly by my subjective definition and nothing else

Who have the asspie a computer?

And this whole board can refer to this post
>>15341369
>>
>>15341391

You seem mad. You're on your period?
>>15341373
>>15341381
>>
>>15341387
The Citroen is FRENCH and has 4 too few cylinders. No sane American would forgo a Town Car over that frogmobile.
>>
>>15341399
>lol ur mad
>I called him a woman guise! Women drivers amirite? xD

Holy shit this board is more autistic than I thought
>>
>>15341403
>put velour living room sofa with zero support on a truck frame
>put Reese's Cup suspension under it
>HUUUURRRRRR IT'S LUKSHERRRY
You fartbags don't know the first thing, that's why your heap of shit Cadillacs still sell for half the price of a Mercedes. Because no one would buy those crap buckets otherwise.
>>
File: 12383652591.png (32KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
12383652591.png
32KB, 184x184px
>>15341389
>>
>>15341387
>Americans
>French products
The only things we think the French can do well is make wine and run away from battlefields
>>
>>15341053
Automatics were literally made for women.

An automatic car is LITERALLY a woman's car.
>>
>>15341417
>crap buckets
Don't talk about Mercedes like that!
>>
>>15341441
>most heavy duty appliances marketed toward men at their conception

>today men and women know how to operate heavier appliances, including cars

Just restrict your sperginess and realize people drive what the fuck they want
>>
>>15341447
I meant Cadillacs.
>>
File: costanza.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>15341463
I see. It was hard to make sense of your post considering both brands are unreliable expensive glossy turds
>>
>>15341452
>people drive what the fuck they want

People wear whatever the fuck they want too but it doesn't change the fact that dresses are made for women, you slobbering cunt.

Automatic vehicles were made for women to drive because women found it difficult to drive manual cars.

This is a fact.

You can be a numale faggot driving an auto all you want but you are driving something that was originally made for women.
>>
>>15341441
>hurr programmable shiftpoints with no missed shifts ever and consistently perfect launched are for women durr
>>
>>15341482
>hurr durr, wax and oil based paint in a small tube meant to color the lips is for women hurr

Automatics were originally made for women. This IS A FACT. I'm sorry you can't handle it. (I'm not.)
>>
>>15341478
>You're a numale if you don't drive the car transmission that I LIKE
>I'm magically more manly and enlightened because I drive a certain type of transmission where I play with a gearstick and extra pedal

The world has changed and it is perfectly acceptable for anyone to drive an automatic. These people are not magically retarded when it comes to being auto enthusiasts. Of course, you'd never realize that in your infinite autism and "HURR THEY WERE MADE FOR WOMYN 60 YEARS AGO!"

Have fun pretending you're a race car driver in your econo-shitbox.
>>
>>15341510
>>15341482
>This transmission was invented for women.
>hurr durr you all think you're race car drivers because you drive manual

I drive manual because I prefer it. I find automatics generally dimwitted, slow to shift, and often in the wrong gear. The only ones projecting this hard are you autotragic fags.
>>
>>15341540
>wrong gear
This is what surprised me most when I got my manual car 3 weeks ago. Autos don't know what gear I want. I do.
>>
>>15341540
>and often in the wrong gear
IT AINT AN ISHYEW CUZ YA GUT TONSA TORQUE IN YER VEE AITE RITE? AWDOMADDICS WIN AGAIN YALL
>>
>>15341540
>I'm the exception to the rule, therefore the rule is based on me

>A particular product was once marketed to a certain groups of people

>It can NEVER be used by or marketed to ANYONE else but that certain group of people because I said so

>I'm magically enlightened when it comes to being an auto enthusiast, and my experience with automatics dictates that those who drive them don't know shit about cars

Projection, Generalizations and Faux Logic: the post
>>
>>15341290
I can do all that in my miata son, and it sure as hell isn't an auto.
>>
>>15341540
>I've never driven a car worth more than $2k: the post
>>
>>15341623
Correct, autos aren't worth more than $2k
>>
>>15341053
US and North America in general relies on customers being able to use everything easily because people there have higher purchasing power compared to most countries and that disposable income would go to waste if not a very high percentage of people buy cars. The solution is making them as simple to use as possible. You might argue that using a manual is easy but even if you need to spend 1 minute more to learn it than it's too much for North American market.

Also you may like shifting but it's a hassle in traffic and honestly doesn't matter in daily use at all. Automatic transmissions nowadays get about the same mileage if not better and about the same performance for daily use. With CVTs and electric vehicles I'd expect even fewer manual cars.

Face it, unless you are delivering at least 300 horsepower or more there simply is no difference. Except of course you like shifting, but even then it's kinda deprecated I'm pretty sure that if the rules allowed most racing cars would switch to something automatic or manual only mechanical with no driver input.
>>
>>15341053
Traffic jams. Driving a stick in a traffic jam - well, you get used to it, but I guess you get used to anal sex without lube too. Still unpleasant.
>>
>>15341629
The bus you ride is an auto.
>>
>>15341583
>>I'm the exception to the rule, therefore the rule is based on me
I never said that. It's quite true of a lot of /o/ bench racers
>>A particular product was once marketed to a certain groups of people
This is fact.
>>It can NEVER be used by or marketed to ANYONE else but that certain group of people because I said so.
I never said that.
>>I'm magically enlightened when it comes to being an auto enthusiast, and my experience with automatics dictates that those who drive them don't know shit about cars.
I never said that either.

I prefer manuals in general, yes. But There are automatics I love. I love DCTs. I hate CVTs worse than conventional automatics. and there are certain conventional torque converter automatics I love like GM's 6L90e automatic in the Chevrolet Silverado.

And so, without further ado.

>>15341583
>Putting words in other peoples mouths: The Post.
>>
>>15341651
You're just lazy
>>
>>15341667
t.bicyclist
>>
>>15341247

fuck off, mr road hazard
>>
>>15341675
Why work harder than you have to? One might say that you're just stupid.
>>
>>15341673
If you love automatics why are you taking shit?
>>
>>15341704
talking*
>>
>>15341290
I have literally done these multiple times while driving a manual.
>>
>>15341440
And, you know, be responsible for your entire country actually being a thing.
And your most prized possession, the statue of liberty.
>>
>>15341704
specific automatics. 90% of automatics are total shit. Also, I only have 5 posts in this thread including this one. Find them.
>>
>>15341723
I know. French and German military leaders played a huge part in America's birth.
>>
>>15341723
>And your most prized possession, the statue of liberty.
which was originally going to be gifted to the Egyptians who didn't want it.
>>
They both suck. Real men drive SMG. End of discussion.
>>
American city dweller here. I can rip bong hits, smoke a cigarette, talk on my phone and eat chicken nuggets with honey mustard dipping sauce while driving a manual.

Get good.
>>
>>15341745
>bong and ciggie at the same time
Fucking putrid desu senpai
>>
File: boomers-3.jpg (93KB, 500x732px) Image search: [Google]
boomers-3.jpg
93KB, 500x732px
>>15341053
You can blame lazy boomers for wanting 4 speed slushboxes in their fucking 400 ci muscle cars.
>>
>>15341247
kill yourself
>>
>>15341595
Miatas come in auto though. It takes a special kind of stupid (or knee injuries, or amputations) to own one.

>>15341290
I've literally eaten and phoned at the same time in a twenty year old Hyundai with fucked syncros - which meant double clutching it every single time. Git gud you goddamn scrubs.
>>
>>15341247

Careful not to cut yourself
>>
>>15341851
Also to note, it was a Hyundai COE truck with a trailer behind it most of the time. Damn thing was a shitbox - I can't remember how many times I've had to pull the cab off to reconnect the intercooler piping. The good kind of shitbox you come to love though.
>>
>>15341387
If the DS had come in auto, it'd have won over a large portion of the US market. Being RWD and having a big V8 would've helped too.
>>
File: Fuck off pakis.jpg (83KB, 1112x426px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck off pakis.jpg
83KB, 1112x426px
>>15341761
I made this for another thread but I'll post it here.
Basically, the average house price in the UK has increased by over 350% in the last 30 years.
>>
>>15341053
is this a video of someone trying to steal a manual?
>>
>>15341053
It's hard to eat fast food and shift at the same time.

t. fat American
>>
>>15341417
Classic Cadillacs? No match for classic Mercs, but still impressive from a pure Americana perspective.
Malaise era ones? Dear god no. Awful things.
Modern Cadillac though? Not a matchup for Mercedes per se, but they've been chasing BMW for long enough now that their driving dynamics are on par.
>>
Why do people sperg about what transmission is mounted in another mans vehicle? I mean there has to be more important things in you're lifes?
>>
Automatics are popular in the US because of the way the infrastructure is, a majority of time is spent in top gear or stop and go traffic. Inconvenient for Americans. Personally I believe manual transmission are only useful in off road vehicles in America.
>>
>>15341881
Just autists finding ways to justify being antisocial.
>>
>>15341882
Are there any places in America with mostly winding roads? I know that Catskills are one place.
>>
why would you want a manual when you can have comfort with an auto
>>
>>15341893
Look up US550. Beautiful scenery as well.
>>
>>15341893
Vid related too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55O56wsdQ4o
>>
>>15341869
>eating food in your car
as a fat American myself, the idea of doing this sickens me
>>
>>15341893
go to mountain regions and realize theres more than highways
>>
>>15341380
Proof that you don't actually know how to drive a manual. You don't need to literally change gears every 5 seconds, and you won't stall if you know how to use a clutch and accelerator properly.
>>
>>15341865
this explains all the brits ending up in the US these last few years.
>>
>>15341540
>I find automatics generally dimwitted, slow to shift, and often in the wrong gear.
Have you tried driving a car with an automatic made in the past decade?
>>
>>15341053
Laziness, and gullibility.

Americans will believe anything.
>>
>>15342511
see:
>>15341673
The 6L90e is used on 2009+ Silverado's
>>
I drive a manual. not gonna lie tho, the latest dual clutch transmissions are pretty fucking cool.

Between a traditional (no fixed gears) automatic and a manual, I would go for the manual hands down. Between a dual clutch and a manual, I'd go for the dual clutch ONLY if it is appropriate for the car (or is the only option). In other words something like a Porsche would definitely have to be a manual.
>>
>>15341633
Most conventional automatics accelerate horribly stock. I've seen 5 speed corollas blaze by cars that would be superior in bench racing just because the driver stayed in second until redline and the automagic did not and would never ever, WOT or not. It can be better if your shifter as a little "S" on it for "shift only when necessary", but most don't, and a new car with a little S probably has a DCT with a manual mode.

DCTs that can be manually operated are objectively superior to both manuels and autotragics for performance unless you're a drift fag doing "muh clutch kicks" and CVTs are superior to most everything for fuel efficiency and going slow

There is no fucking reason to drive a car with a conventional automatic except being stupid and/or poor

>>15341693
>physical or mental activity is undesirable
>this is an objective fact
>only idiots want to do anything but sit and stare blankly ahead

'murika
>>
>>15341053
auto is a luxury feature and americans are rich
>>
>>15341723
>britain and france
>be responsible for the most retarded parts of your country's culture

seriously

>god given rights
>intellectual property
>yuropoor-style representive democracy instead of based lottocracy

>>15341761
>Be millenial
>can actually do all but the last one
>factory work
>community college/trade school
>not in a metro area
>:^)
>>
>>15341290
Underrated post
>>
>>15341053
Autotragics became better and popular at the same time America was going through a time of unprecedented economic prosperity. Basically we could afford it while the rest of the world couldn't. The trend continued because it only takes one generation of not learning to drive stick to set a precedent.
>>
>>15342565
>Most conventional automatics accelerate horribly stock.
Something that is completely irrelevant.

>DCTs that can be manually operated are objectively superior to both manuels and autotragics for performance
Something that says with better software driver input can be removed.

>There is no fucking reason to drive a car with a conventional automatic except being stupid and/or poor
Something that is very subjective.
>>
>>15342832
>>Most conventional automatics accelerate horribly stock.
>Something that is completely irrelevant.
I meant irrelevant in daily use, not irrelevant if your daily use consists of daytime racing.
>>
>>15341053

>Her first time seeing a penis.
>>
File: 1442687992450.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1442687992450.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>implying most of /o/ isn't a bunch of high schoolers and early 20's poorfags who justify their slushbox because that's the only thing they own because it was given to them by their parents
>>
>>15342832
>acceleration is irrelevant

Okay, enjoy crashing when susie SUV/prius wants to race and truckfag mcfaggo is tailgating and the corolla behind truckfag is also tailgating

The roads do not function perfectly. Almost nobody acts like they should. Traffic won't even stop when it's in a fucked up situation like that. It will keep going and someone will crash if they can't get the hell out of the way. You need to be in the minority that has cars that can evade dangerous situations, because brakes don't always save you, unless you're an insurance company, then you should be hit in a slow car every time.
>>
>>15343070
Are you saying 1-2 second difference in 0-60 matter? Or are you saying 1-2 second difference in 60-70 range matter? I don't follow your argument, for 1-2 second difference to matter you need to be in a really tight spot you shouldn't be in anyway. I don't think shifting matters in the case you describe, in fact you may make mistakes in manual, or if you don't rev match you may spin if driving in cold weather. So as you've already pointed out there are lots of variables but my point is that not a lot of these arguments for safety depend on your car being able to reach a higher speed 1 second faster.
>>
>>15342996
>His first time seeing a penis.
>>
>>15341297
who says you can?
>>
>>15341342
Don't have one ): wanna be him?
>>
American man here, I'm in the market for a cheap small truck to DD. I'm considering getting one with a manual transmission because I think I've read something about them being more reliable than an auto. Is this true?

Either way I'll probably go with a manual because I've had fun the times I've driven them. Never had one myself though.
>>
>>15343239
It kind of is if not absolutely. They have simpler clutches and easier to service. But if you are not experienced you can get your synchronizers and dog clutches damaged which are much harder to replace and require full service of the transmission.

I'd say except for clutch they're pretty much at the same reliability level, automatic looks more complicated but is just clutch packs and planetary gears which are quite reliable. But in the end simplest and most reliable transmissions are truck transmissions, which are manuals with not even synchronizers. They're just gears meshing.
>>
>>15341053
source on full video? is he trying to steal it?
>>
>>15343275
https://youtu.be/lIWzbeBCftU
>>
File: 1398083681786.png (2MB, 636x2262px) Image search: [Google]
1398083681786.png
2MB, 636x2262px
>>15343239
>I'm considering getting one with a manual transmission because I think I've read something about them being more reliable than an auto. Is this true?
The manual being more reliable than automatic fact only applies to FWD cars with transverse engine layouts. You don't need to worry about that with trucks... well unless it's a Dodge Rampage. Actually when it comes to trucks, the automatic is usually more reliable... at least with GM trucks. I can;t say anything about Ford, Dodge,Toyota, or Nissan trucks.

Anyways, I'd recommend a Chevrolet S10, GMC Sonoma, Dodge Dakota, Ford Ranger (avoid the 3.0L V6 like a plague), Chevrolet Colorado, or GMC Canyon. All will be fairly reliable.

Unlike most of /o/, I refuse to recommend the Toyota Tacoma as they are famous for having issues with prematurely rusting frames due to Toyota using shit metal for the frames. Pic related.
>>
>>15343270
Right on I'll definitely try to get a manual. I've driven my parents manual car lots of times and haven't fucked it up. So as long as the previous owners weren't retards I should be good.
>>
>>15343313
Oh good to know. I'm planning to get a ford ranger 4.0 v6. Possibly 4x4 if I can find one. But I'll check out your other recommendations, though I've heard bad things about the s10.

And all the Tacomas seem really overpriced. For a Tacoma with 150k miles it's at least 10k, but the equivalent ranger is 5k.
>>
>>15341053
Automatics are more convenient.
>>
>>15343198
I am
>>
>>15343345
>though I've heard bad things about the s10.
There is a never-ending war between the Ford Ranger and Chevrolet S10 so the only way to truly judge the trucks is from personal experience.. I've heard massively bad things about both trucks. From personal experience, I'd try to find a 4.3L V6 Chevy S10.
>>
>>15341310
>have not touched manual
>claim somehow he could be car enthusiast
100% none auto drivers can be enthusiast. It just doesn't input
>>
>>15341063
Your grandfather didn't live in a overpopulated nigger city now did he?
>>
>>15343386
He did. Bridgeport, Connecticut.
>>
>>15343356
How? I swear most of you fucks are just too dimwitted to drive a stick
>>
>>15343367
4.3 is a good engine but christ I hated the S10 I had.

Rusting piece of half assed designed and built shit.
>>
>>15343427
For every bad story I've heard about an S10, I've also heard one about the Ford Ranger.
>>
If I buy one of these trucks, how old is too old for something reliable? I've been looking at some 97 Rangers in my area, but don't want to be replacing parts every month.
>>
>>15343453
I would only look at vehicles with OBD2 emissions myself, so 1996+ is what I'd look at.

Just realised I forgot a truck in my recommendation list. The Isuzu Hombre. Literally a sister truck to the S10 with a different front end and Isuzu slapped on it.
>>
>>15343464
Thanks senpai. That reminds me I need to get a Bluetooth obd2 reader.
>>
>>15341053
My guess is the way people are people. Some of them just like things easier, like an extra pedal and fine foot control, moving a shifter seems it is too complicated compared to the one and done with automatics. A lot of people were raised to drive automatics, so that is all they can drive. The never challenge themselves learning to drive a stick, until it is too late, and the give up. Part of that pisses me off, it isn't that hard to fucking do, I would willingly teach anyone who is clueless so they can drive their own car.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (7KB, 244x249px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
7KB, 244x249px
Amerifag here, I fell for this meme unironically. Long story short yes I know I'm a faggot for not knowing but I want to know. The last thing I want to do is save up for a badass car and not know how to drive it. Where can I learn?
>>
File: heres your you.jpg (260KB, 688x1434px) Image search: [Google]
heres your you.jpg
260KB, 688x1434px
>>15341305
what truth, that you cant afford a better car?
>>
>>15341290
I've driven high while eating a burger and texting in my manual vehicle before. Definitely don't want to do it anymore because I put other people on the road in danger but it was quite easy
>>
>>15342475
traffic jam
>stuck there putting it into 1st/neutral constantly (or holding foot on clutch)
vs
>occasionally tapping accelerator and putting from drive to neutral when stopping for a while

having an automatic in city/daily driving is a lot better than having a manual, unless you drive longer distances at non-residential speeds. even then, changing gears is hardly something that's 'fun' when just driving normally and not trying to go fast
>>
>>15345400
Confirmed for not knowing how to drive a manual. Lmao, this is the main reason why murican males grow vagina and just choose to drive auto, they're dimwits
>>
>>15341053
most people who dislike automatics are aggressive drivers who work against the car rather than with it
and to be honest being in the ideal gear at all times is a minimal advantage compared to just going the best speed for your situation

I still prefer the manual for reasons of flexibility as you always have a good control over the quickness of the shift
that and you can push start the car
>>
>>15341063
>>15341373
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFvj6RQOLtM#t=4m25s
>>
>>15341550
Is that English?
>>
>>15343414
Fuck Bridgeport. What a shithole.
>>
>>15346526
>>15346539
>samefaggot
Stop bumping this pussy ass bitch thread
>>
File: Cliffs of Dover.png (1MB, 2485x966px) Image search: [Google]
Cliffs of Dover.png
1MB, 2485x966px
>>15341865
:^)
>>
>>15345605
All that video shows is how a synchronized 3 speed manual transmission works. Oldsmobile's original automatic was called the hydra-matic. And the woman in the video is wearing flats, not high heels.
The automatic transmission was invented so women could drive in high heels. Here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue07DdPQv0k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5E_ZKf5Fb8
>>
>>15341053
His face when most anons see a naked lady irl
>>
>>15341247
>dance
I would never do that,The Dance is sacred,and driving distracts way too much.
>>
>>15346547
>>
>>15343414
Leading the nation in abandoned factories. Fuck Bridgeport
>>
>>15341053

My guess is most people don't really like driving so they get the easiest thing to drive. Then they need their car loaded down with a bunch of electronic stuff to keep them entertained while they drive. Cars nowdays aren't designed for people who enjoy driving, they're designed for people who see driving as an annoying obstacle to checking their facebook.

I bet if the US had better public transportation those people wouldn't even own cars.
>>
>>15346753
pretty much this
anything requiring skill is a barrier to the mass market
and I hate to say it but on average people have gotten dumber
>>
>>15341391

It's difficult to say you're an automotive enthusiast and not know how to drive a manual especially considering most cars are a lot more enjoyable as a manual

Sometimes there can be benefits to an automatic like maintaining boost pressure while cycling gears but it feels a lot more muted than when you're in a nice manual
>>
>>15343345

Get a hilux
>>
>>15347261
Not available in America. Closest thing is the Toyota Tacoma, and their frame problems have already been mentioned.
>>
File: kowalski.jpg (91KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
kowalski.jpg
91KB, 2048x1536px
>>15341761
>muscle cars
>4 speed autos

You sure do fucking know what you're talking about you fucking retard.
>>
File: 1391608092435.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1391608092435.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>murrilards
>>
OP here. First time checking thread after making it.

>mfw

Legitimately regret it.

What a shitshow.
>>
File: 1423134269726.png (2KB, 178x167px) Image search: [Google]
1423134269726.png
2KB, 178x167px
I prefer automatics for disposable daily driver cars that have to sit in traffic. It's not fun to drive stick on slopped roads with lots of traffic.

I prefer manuals for hobbyist and specialty vehicles like muscle and sports cars.
>>
File: america.jpg (447KB, 1977x941px) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
447KB, 1977x941px
>>15341247
I drive a manual and can still:
>Eat an entire fast food meal
>Manipulate a cell phone (no texting, just GPS)
>Change radio settings
>Smoke

>tfw taking your only free hand off the wheel to change gears so you can eat a burger with the other one
>>
I'd imagine it was developed and adopted largely out of necessity. I'd expect most Americans have a longer commute to their job purely because of how our cities and communities are arranged. Most Americans see their vehicle as a necessary appliance to survive in the world, so they aim for the one that is the easiest to use for the chore that they use it for.
>>
File: auto vs manual.jpg (69KB, 400x573px) Image search: [Google]
auto vs manual.jpg
69KB, 400x573px
>>15347881
That will teach you to start an auto vs manual thread
>>
>>15341279
>Retards(muricans) think that driving auto is easier

it is easier
>>
>>15347896
If I was still commuting into the big city, I'd get the most forgettable FWD econobox for commuting that I could and it would have an automatic.

And these days, the auto is better at fuel economy than the manual is.

For commuting, really, the car itself (once reliability isn't a question) isn't the main issue, it's stuff that makes the commute bearable that is. Things like the sound system, comfy seats, etc.

I know how to drive stick and I actually commuted with a stick in my youth, but it gets old, and if I had it to go over again and I had to advise someone who didn't know any better from being young - get an auto and save yourself the added stress. Work is stressful enough. Work hard where it matters.
>>
>>15347896
t.somebody who has only ever driven auto
>>
The majority of Americans use their car to get from point A to point B

An automatic is easier to drive, the whole reason it was made. The market follows what people want and this is why you'll only find a handful of manual cars in a sea of automatics on any given lot.

The smaller number who choose to get a manual seem to do so for one of two reasons: Because of the lower price and better gas, or because they'll be recreating Fast and Furious scenes in their head while pretending that the stick shift is vin diesel's dick...or whatever inspires them to drive around the city filled with A to B drivers like it's a movie set.
>>
>>15341053
>American here, why the fuck are manuals so unpopular in this country?
Someway, somehow the stick shift will find its way into your ass. The T shaped auto shifters tend to lot more resistant to accident penetration.
>>
>>15341248
Ha! Joke's on you! I got a six speed!
>>
From my grandparents to my brothers and I, everyone's first car in the family has been in stick. It's like a southern thing. My madre had a celica supra, padre a Brat, and now I have a gen1 Mazda 3 in a 6 speed. Even if its an economy car, It's always fun to wind out the engine, or just that simple smooth shift. I love manuals, and I've been driving for 3 years.
>>
>>15342832
If you don't like to go fast why the fuck are you on an automotive section of a Tibetan goat milking forum
>>
>>15346526
As an American, I think I can interpret
>it doesn't happen to be an inconvenience due to the fact that my vehicle with 8 cylinders arranged in a "v" fashion has simply absurd amounts of torque. automatics win again, gentleman.
>>
>>15345188
Are you implying automatics are better than manuals? I thought /o/ was for car people...
>>
>>15348344
yes if you're dumb or woman
>>
>>15345188
>a few dollars is the difference between a manuel and autotragic
>hurr durr poor

Typical dimwitted ameriblob
>>
>>15345419
Only experience with cucks like these is probably an ancient f-series with a non-syncro 3 speed and a heavy clutch that even the old man who has driven it for 40 years occasionally stalls.

That, or they've only briefly driven a crappy American shitbox economy transmission and gave up before they got to the notstallingevery5feet stage.
>>
>>15341374
I was thinking the same thing
>>
>>15345449
We really should have ended this thread with this post.
>>
>>15341053
auto is for lazy people. and older/younger shitters.
hence why so many kids steal cars and dumb womans are allowed to drive.
>>
>>15341053
what the fuck this webm?
like that theft smashing gas, but could not put the porsche into 1st gear. fucking hilarious.
>>
File: 1465887163363.png (115KB, 1250x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1465887163363.png
115KB, 1250x1350px
>>15341441
personally i know more women that can drive stick than dudes. the people that drive autos nowadays from what i can tell just haven't had the opportunity/car to use it, especially since most cars are auto now. the thing that blows me away are the faggots that are too afraid to even try to learn. my roommates/friends don't even want to try it. its the same people that don't get a license until well into adulthood, don't talk to the opposite sex, watch tv/netflix, don't set goals, use social media excessively, etc. "Vegetarian" type males and immature females.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.