[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noob driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 12-mercedes-cls-63-amg.jpg (177KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
12-mercedes-cls-63-amg.jpg
177KB, 1280x850px
been driving for a year and a half and this happened

So we were on a hill and the guy infront didn't put enough gas and his car began to roll back, I used my horn to warn him but he didn't stop and eventually the cars kissed.

He got out shaking his head and I got out thinking what the fuck is this madman doing. he took at look at his bumper and got back in his car and drove off, didn't say a word to me

I was checking my bumper and there doesn't seem to be any visible marks of damage, nor do I think there was on his.

What happens now? can he file a report without my details? what if he has my number plate because I didn't get his at it was my first time in such a scenario and I was lost.

Im in the uk if this helps
>>
forget about it

invest in dash cam for next time
>>
If you don't have the plate or any information on the car, there is nothing you can do.

But because there's no damage, nothing is going to happen. He's not going to call the police or anything.
>>
>>15321600
>>15321598
What if he has my number plate or something and tries to say it was me? There were 3 in the car opposed to only me so it's their word against mine which is why I'm worried
>>
>>15321591
why the fuck didn't you stop him you beta piece of shit
>>
I hit a guy letting the clutch move
He got out, pulled out his phone to either take a picture of next to no damage or used it as a torch
I sat in the car not giving a shit because a love tap won't do anything
>>
>>15321591
>What happens now? can he file a report without my details? what if he has my number plate because I didn't get his at it was my first time in such a scenario and I was lost.

He left the scene of the accident after determining there was nothing wrong with his car. You also left without getting his info (driver license, insurance policy coverage number). That by itself shows that both parties determined it was a non-incident. Without your info, he can't really say anything since anyone can get a license plate number from a car in traffic. What they can't get is your private info. Now, if you posted your data online for everyone to use, then that is just asking for trouble.

Get a dash cam and verify that it works by checking the recorded video occasionally on your PC. If you got some cheap dash cam, it might make a squealing noise from overstressed cheap electronic parts and might stop recording one day at random even though you see something on the LCD display on it.

In the USA you have to beware of teen drivers. When they get in accidents by backing up into someone, they may accuse you of driving into them. One such driver boldly lied when it happened to me as he was using the "guy in the rear is guilty" rule of thumb in his favor to avoid blame for the incident.

As for dashcam, there was a /o/ cam thread with a youtube example of a german couple (lady driver) who missed a parking spot and then backed up in the busy ROADWAY and hit the car behind her on the road (which was fully stopped). She was very angry and got out pointing her finger at the other driving saying it's his fault. Bold Face Liar. The husband was going along with her as he didn't contradict her version. All on cam. That shut her lies up but she was still angry at the other driver. That showed what type of personality she had - dishonest.

When I was in university, someone got beat up in order to have their dashcam data taken away. Don't let them near your dashcam.
>>
>>15321672
he left the scene, he didn't get your numbers

you're literally fine, just chill

push comes to shove (which won't happen) tell the TRUTH.. he rolled back down the hill and bumped you and left
>>
>>15321672
>What if he has my number plate or something and tries to say it was me? There were 3 in the car opposed to only me so it's their word against mine which is why I'm worried

Don't know about your country, but in the USA, the reputable witness is one that is not connected to either driver. That would be the random passerby that was there when the accident occurred.

It would be that third party witness who testifies on your behalf that the other driver took off after bashing in your front end, headlight, fender, or whatever. Despite being 2016, not everyone has a cellphone camera or cam. If the witness took a movie of the aftermath showing both cars stopped with both drivers OUT of the car in the roadway, that is proof an incident existed. The movie then shows the other party driving off and that connects the hit-and-run to the incident provided the witness remains at the accident scene to give a statement and evidence to the officer.

However, since the person that hit you was a VIP who called in favors, the witness testimony is ignored. The evidence the witness game disappears (nothing on the data chip). Stuff like this can happen in the usa especially with groups of officers who collude with each other on how to make money (as what happened in Los Angeles). Hey, John, there's a case where VIP hit some nobody, ya want it? I'll go take it. Dispatcher gets the data and tells John to go out for the record. John works the case skillfully with the always legal wording and as expected, the VIP wants a private deal.
>>
>>15321799
>I sat in the car not giving a shit because a love tap won't do anything

You are right for cars from 1980 to 2012. But then styling changes started happening to shrink or remove protruding front bumpers. Lots of cars now have expensive front fascia exposed without the protection of a protruding front bumper.

Love taps will with some modern cars that have no real front bumper. My new car has no real front bumper protruding outwards. Thus, you would hit me right on the delicate grille. That is an expensive love tap. Repairing the grill is not possible. It has to be replaced as a part. It's why I don't dare parallel park unless I can protect my car's nose from impact.
>>
>>15321869
>>15321812
>>15321802
OK thanks for the informative posts. I just though there's a chance he looked at my number plate and told one of his mates to write it down or something, but I guess he can't really do anything as there are no names and the police won't get involved as it obviously wasn't a hit and run on my part.

Thanks guys
>>
What meme is this

If someone has your number plate they just need to give it to their insurers and they will do the rest of the work and track you down
>>
>>15321969
right so i can hit and run someone and then go find a random car and write down the numbers to give to my insurance and fuck up the random car's life

MAKES SENSE

stop posting and grow up a bit, child
>>
>>15321983
So what details do you need then? Because a number plate is the most important. I can take a picture of his number plate next to my bumper then what???
Get some experience
>>
>>15321990
I see I got you good
Fuck off retard
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.