[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two stroke or four stroke?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: KMX125.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
KMX125.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
I asked this in /dbt/ but only got a reply about the KTM and it moves too fast.

I'm coming up on buying a new bike and I can't move up the the A2 license yet so I'm stuck with a 125.

Should I buy a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke trails bike?

I'm tempted to get a KMX or DT just because they seem more fun and they're faster, I'll be doing a lot of trails but there's the possibility of some distance travel and I'm not sure about taking a 2 stroke very far. Both my friends I'll be going around with have 4 strokes, one has an XL125 and the other has a KTM Duke.
My 4 stroke options are pretty much a DR, XL or XT.
All bikes will be 80's - early 90's models.
>>
>>15314865
4 strokes:
More reliable
Better gas mileage
No need to premix fuel
Need valve checks

2 strokes
More powerful
Less reliable but easy to rebuild
Awful fuel mileage

The 2t will be more fun for a small bike but if you plan on long distance travel with it I'd stick with a 4t
>>
TWO STROKE

super fun and easy to work on

most are oil injected so premix isn't an issue

i have an xl175 4 stroke and a suzuki ts 250 and yamaha dt 400 2 strokes
>>
>>15314865
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmUUxV3c_NQ
>>
>>15314865
Since you'll be on A1, your power is limited to 15hp or thereabouts. This mesns there's no advantage in buying a 2t, except maybe for easy maintenance - but a 15 hp 125cc 4t will be completely understressed, and prrtty damn reliable.
>>
>>15314889
>>15314906
>>15314924
>>15314961
Cheers for the replies, when I say long distance it's basically trips to certain areas within a radius of a few hundred miles from north england/south scotland.
My main interest is green laning and doing some trails stuff that the KTM bloke wouldn't be doing with us hence the need for an offroad capable bike.
My concern isn't paying a little more for fuel but how a 2 stroke would handle at the same speed for extended durations on a trip.

I also want to expand my bike knowledge and modifying or working on the bike would be something I want to do often, is a 2 stroke better or worse to learn with?
>>
>>15314865
>I can't move up the the A2 license yet so I'm stuck with a 125
What does it feel like having your dick pushed in by the state?
>>
>>15315277
Not as bad as being 16 and stuck on a 50
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (276KB, 1600x1061px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
276KB, 1600x1061px
>>15315263
2 stroke is simpler design and easier to work on, the tradeoff is that they need to be worked on more
i'm pretty sure i could rebuild my 250 with the oem toolkit and a rock
>>
>>15315297
I think I'd be pretty comfortable working on the bike myself after a few pointers, just wondering how much more difficult it is to work with a 4 stroke
>>
Comprehensive video answer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmvuQ-UShns
>>
2 strokes pass a lot of unburned fuel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEzv1ZpE_Gc
>>
>>15315297
>dat toolkit

My negro, still got the one that came with my DR650 in 94
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.