[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free MR2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 010-31.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
010-31.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
Hey/o/, I'll keep this short

>come across aw11
>rusty af (rear fenders, front bumper, etc)
>ran and drove before it was parked for nearly two years outside
>190k miles on non-supercharged 4a
>5th gear slip
>not for sale, but asked the owner, and he might be willing to give for free
>would get it running for me

What concerns me is that there is some severe rust in the trunk, on both sides like pic related. Fenders rusted up so high underneath that the seam in between wheel arch and fender has split. I'm wondering if it would be possible to just chop the bad metal and weld in a new patch, but I've only seen that done to the lower fenders, not anything this high up. Doesn't have to be pretty as long as it works and doesn't rust again. I was planning on slapping on some overfenders after chopping to save fabrication or paying $400 for proper panels. Floor seems good, interior is dusty but near pristine, and sunroof has absolutely no rust.

Thoughts?
>>
With that much rust the only thing the car will be valuable for is accelerating yourself into a wall at an unsurvivable velocity.
>>
>>15310917
>would get it running for me
>he might be willing to give for free
I wonder if he might change his mind after he gets it running again. Unless he's a good friend, people usually don't put in work like that just to give it away.
>>
>>15310931
I'd probably help out. It probably just needs plugs and wires, if that. Hasn't started it since parked, but knowing 4as, it might just start right up. He wants it out of his driveway, and wants to see someone else enjoying it.
>>
>>15310917
Ready for the scrap heap tbqh famalam
>>
The rear of the car isn't that important. You can save the rust repair for later.
>>
>>15310917
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, anon.

Take it and do it up proper again.
>>
>>15310962
Honestly everything wrong with it is the rust. Engine ran strong, but probably needs a rebuild. Easiest thing for me to do would be to take care of the rust over the summer. If it's salvageable, that is.
>>
>>15310969
Some gift horses need to be punched in their stupid horsey mouths.
>>
>>15310969
Thanks make, I think that's what I'll do.
We'll see what happens.
>>
>>15311015
Seems like someone snap over-steered into a wall recently.
>>
File: Picture 1615.jpg (48KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 1615.jpg
48KB, 700x525px
>>15310917
Make a stubby
>>
File: 24534545y6897769.jpg (45KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
24534545y6897769.jpg
45KB, 625x469px
>>15311082
Mate I want to dd this.
That car also looks like it's in pain.
>>
>>15311088
I got my dick pushed in once. It felt like how that car looks.
>>
File: kek.jpg (27KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
27KB, 1280x720px
>>15311121
>>
>free car
Take it and sell it our part it out. You can't lose.
>>
Bump. Anyone have prior experience on rust in aw11s?
>>
>>15314751
Mine was under coated a long time ago, so apart from a little bubbling by the rear mudflaps it still looks good. I live in the midwest btw.
>>
>>15314751
Yes. They are not worth fixing.

If the fenders are that bad there is probably rust all over the place.
>>
>>15315407
There is rust everywhere, but I don't mind it as long as it's not structural. From what I've seen, the only structural rust is the trunk situation. I think what I'll end up doing is picking it up if it runs, and see if it's fixable. If not, I'll drive it till it dies and part it out.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.