[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a summer roadtrip thread going? What are you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: roadtrip 2.png (378KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
roadtrip 2.png
378KB, 1366x768px
Can we get a summer roadtrip thread going? What are you guys planning for summer?

Me:
>sports car roadtrip with brother in law
>taking my corvette, he's taking his lotus
>hitting the highest road in america, in colorado
>then vegas
>then white sands, NM
>then home

Detouring I-40 in favor of I-10 on the return trip, because white sands is on the way, and I-40 sucks donkey dick for banging out miles quickly. Can easily blast I-10 at 100+ all day long. I-40 is lots of mountains and the altitude bogs down power.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-22+at+03.03.12).jpg (273KB, 1052x567px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-22+at+03.03.12).jpg
273KB, 1052x567px
>>15310428
Sure, I'll contribute OP.
Myself and 3 buddies are loading into an Accord and going to Grand Rapids for a day, loading in a good friend, and making the long haul back to Jersey so he can stay the week then fly back.
Saves money and lets us have a dope road trip for the first time. 5 people in a sedan with luggage is kinda shit to be honest, but it's with friends so well worth the frustration.
Driving side-by-side sounds fun as hell but not with two Hondas and no money for the extra gas expenditures.
Might stop into NYC for a day to see another friend or just check out the Big Apple, but that's up in the air atm.
>>
>>15311398
I have yet to see NYC or any of the New England states. Sounds like fun.
>>
>>15311398
NYC is fucking cool and worth it. You may want to avoid the parkway during vacation season though.
>>
File: sandunes_nps.jpg (251KB, 2048x1371px) Image search: [Google]
sandunes_nps.jpg
251KB, 2048x1371px
I just got back from colorado's great sand dunes. 4 hour drive from denver so not a huge trip. Place is beautiful.

If youre coming down from denver theres a lot of curvy mountain roads followed by large open space and straight aways. It was a really fun drive.
>>
File: Trip1.png (606KB, 1920x978px) Image search: [Google]
Trip1.png
606KB, 1920x978px
I am taking a long trip pretty soon. I will be leaving Saturday (June 25) and will be getting back on July 4. I am going to be doing the whole trip in my Sky Redline. Probably put around 3,500 or so miles on my car. The only thing I am worried about is having enough room for luggage.
>>
File: Trip2.png (332KB, 2407x976px) Image search: [Google]
Trip2.png
332KB, 2407x976px
Also I am pretty excited about some of the roads next to where we are staying.
>>
>>15312280

Fuck yeah, that looks amazing. My brother in law had a sky red line before his lotus. Loved that car.
>>
>>15311955
Can't stress this enough
>>
I'm in the process of trying to buy an '85 300zx 2+2 and I'm super fucking tempted to pull a Chris McCandless and just bolt from Massachusetts to California in it and see what happens. How fucking dumb of an idea is this.
>>
>>15310428
Your roadtrip looks oddly similar to the Czech Republic
>>
>>15313169
Dumb is a relative term in a situation like that. All depends on what you want out of the trip and what you expect. If you expect to make it unscathed, there and back, then yes. If you're okay with break downs and are just experimenting, then no.

>>15313201
Weird
>>
Got a terrorism-spec Hilux in my boy Tokugawa's garage over in Sendai. We're driving that fucker to Portugal! We're gonna die on the way!
>>
>>15310428
>Can easily blast I-10 at 100+ all day long

Spoken like someone who's never been on I-10

Enjoy your border checkpoints, state police. and la migra fucking EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>15313516
Absolutely experimenting and expecting to need to bring a jack, stands, tools, and parts with me. Tbh I'm barely expecting to make it through Wisconsin but by god I really want to see the west coast.
>>
>>15313604
No, I've driven I-10 many times. It's been 4 years since I've last done it though. Never had any problems before though. Had cruise set on 110 from LA to El Paso.
>>
>>15314466
Hey, if that's your goal, then go for it. Look it over well for obvious shit before you go. Take care of that and you'll probably have a decent chance.

>>15313604
Seriously though, when did they set up checkpoints? And how spread out are they?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.